Emboar Discussion Thread

Ah I do see your point since you pointed it out rather kindly unlike some people.

I know this is Theorymon, but if Emboar had Slack Off/Morning Sun and Close Combat would he be at the "same level" as Arcanine?
I think the point is that Arcanine has overall better distributed stats, as well as two fantastic abilities to choose from and a diversity of movepool that lets him take on roles as either a tank or a sweeper. Even if Emboar had Close Combat and Morning Sun just by nature of its stats it wouldn't be able to to use them in the same way Arcanine does. Sure it would make Emboar a much better Pokemon than he is now, doubtless; but 55 is still a very awkward speed tier as you lose to all manner of offensive Pokemon except Escavalier, but in trick room Slowbro will still go before you and lay on the hurt with Scald (not to mention that Slowbro is a pretty solid check to Emboar already). Emboar is for an entirely different purpose than Arcanine; basically he's best working with Trick Room where his most lackluster stat doesn't hurt him, while Arcanine is like a swiss army knife of things to use against both Sun and Hail teams, as well as a powerful Sun abuser in his own right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)