SV OU Endless Line

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater

:sv/Baxcalibur: :sv/Meowscarada: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Great Tusk: :sv/Rotom-Wash: :sv/Iron Moth:

Hey, 1LDK here, I have written, deleted and written 3 different versions of this introduction which is already off to an awful start, my happiness for this team has gone from "LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to "Mom would be sad" to the place we are now, which is "it is what it is". Why do I need to emphasize this, because this is actually my serious team, everyone needs at least some team that can always pull through, your favorite, your lucky golden ticket to the Bahamas, yes, this is my best team, has some 1LDK things here and there, but it was made with a serious intention, and to be honest, it's usable, its not what a good player could call a "good team" or even a "decent team" but its the best I have done yet, and I have no idea on what exactly should be the tone for this RMT overall, so let's just see the team building process and all that stuff instead

:Baxcalibur: :Meowscarada:
Fun fact: this team actually started around the time Chien Pao was just banned, people were saying that banded bax is nuts, and decided to try that out, I eventually updated the set with a suggestion Andviet told me and I fell in love with. As for Meow, I also wanted to try scarf meowscarada as a cleaner and surprise mon, which is fun
:Baxcalibur: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo:
This team initially started as a triple choice locked team (silly me) and added Specs Gholdengo, not only is a good stall breaker but dishes a fuck load of damage, it also has Recover over focus blast to stick around for longer
:Baxcalibur: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo: :Great Tusk:
Mandatory tusk lmao
:Baxcalibur: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo: :Great Tusk: :Rotom-Wash:
When this team was starting, I was trying to make Eerie Impulse Rotom work, sadly, Psyspam was starting to pop up and that killed my plans, but I wasn't gonna just give up, I wanted something different from the protect sets because I don't think It's that necessary
:Baxcalibur: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo: :Great Tusk: :Rotom-Wash: :Iron Moth:
Needed a fairy resistance, Moth has better defensive profile that volc, and it absorbs toxic, I went with an agility set to sweep if given the chance

I know this team building process is a bit too simplistic, but as I said before, I have been using this team a long time ago, so let's see all of this in detail

:Please pretend these::sv/Baxcalibur::Are Loaded Dices:
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush

The star of the team, Baxcalibur the dinosaur, the myth, the legend. This mon is so much fun, its the main sweeper and wincon, get in the field safely, set up and shit on almost anything, this was initially a Choice Band set, but Andviet gave me this set and man, I got sold on day 1, max roll Icicle Spear ALWAYS comes in handy no matter the situation, it shits on subs, sash mons, and everything that does not properly resist it. Stabs for damage, and Earthquake + Tera Ground because fuck pex, speaking of stall, once Corviknight, Tusk and Donzo are dead, it's free game, trust me.

:choice scarf::sv/Meowscarada::choice scarf:
Meowscarada (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off

- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Flower Trick

Gentlemen, THE ACTUAL BEST CLEANER IN THE GAME, FEMALE MEOWSCARADA, YES THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FEMALE BECAUSE JUST LOOK AT HER, IT WAS MADE FOR PERVERTS. Anyway, going from one incredibly hot take to another, Booster Energy is overrated on anything that is not Roaring Moon, especially on Valiant, is never consistent in anything it tries to do, and the amount of times it actually does something for me can be counted by 1 hand. Meowscarada on the other hand, she hasn't failed me when it comes to cleaning duty, with 2 of the best Smogon passive-aggressive approved moves in Knock Off and U-turn, she always puts in work, early, mid and late game. Flower Trick is so naturally strong thanks to the guaranteed critical damage, and Play Rough is to dispatch a Roaring Moon that thinks he can pull his bullshit against me. Jolly nature outspeeds max speed + 1 jolly Roaring Moon, so that's great. And as an added bonus, it fucking shits on Hydreigons who also think this is a free game. Tera fairy is just decoration tbh

:choice specs::sv/Gholdengo::choice specs:
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Recover

Specs Gholdengo is something people forget it exists, Gamefreak´s personification of Greed sure knows a lot of tricks, the reason for specs gholdengo is to wall break and attempt to stall break, thanks to stabs that do a gigantic amount of damage, trick to shit on stall mons and recover to stick around, even tho the standard is Focus Blast, I don't think I truly need it, I can just get a Spedef drop on shadow ball and call it a day, and tera fighting is what came with the set and I have never tera Gholdengo, so I don't think I'm ever gonna need this in my life

:leftovers::sv/great tusk::leftovers:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature

- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

M A N D A T O R Y G R E A T T U S K, who doesn't love the elephant of healthy meta, jesus fucking christ almighty, anyway, this time I'm running tera water because I have too much tera fairy and decided to vary a bit, and since I don't have a good idea of what's the best tera, water is always a good default option (unless Garganacl), it basically does tusk stuff, and the only extra thing is the 96 speed which out speeds Walking Wake at +1 on no sun

:leftovers::sv/rotom-wash::leftovers:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Wash serves a ton of utility for this team, this is the team member that went to the most changes, there was a point in at the high of Walking Wake's popularity where I actually switched to Clodsire, but this was a mistake. The moves are the thing that has always stayed the same. I wanted to do heat, and heat shall be done, Will-O-Wisp + Thunder Wave brings a new level of utility NOBODY is prepared for this, Rotom-Wash doesn't need protect in this fast-paced meta, and dropping it allows Rotom to mess with a new pool of mons, special attackers and naturally fast mons like Dragapult, Iron Valiant and Volcarona. Volt Switch and Hydro Pump are obvious stab and the eves + tera fairy are my Walking Wake check, you tera, get a T-Wave, and just Volt Switch out, what is he gonna do? Hit you again? Nah man, he is getting haxed.

:Heavy-Duty Boots::sv/iron moth::Heavy-Duty Boots:
Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Sludge Wave
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Agility

Last but not least, Iron Moth, this serves as a final potential sweeper that sometimes just takes the game thanks to tera, Fiery Dance lucky days and some nasty min maxed stats. Agility just makes people trip, this is speed, 1 of these, and you are 700, which adds another mon as the "things that serves as better late game cleaners than Booster Energy something", especially when you have to trip Kingambits that think spamming Sucker Punch will work. Fiery Dance is what makes this work, this move is so good lmao, the special attack boosts are just so funny and scary. Sludge Wave to complement stab and Psychic is to hit stuff like Toxapex, Tusk, Valiant, etc.

Checks and Counters

:Dondozo: Stall in general just crushes this team, but Dondozo gets a special mention for being able to basically win if Meow is dead. Just pray you don't encounter stall, or better yet, don't use this team

:Dragapult: This is only troublesome IF he has Substitute, if he has then you're getting fucked, don't let it abuse rotom for set up, or kill it with meow before it starts doing weird shit

:Great Tusk: Just like Dragapult, this is only a problem with 1 specific set, this time being the Bulk Up set, Rotom can burn him or just kill him with Hydro Pump but depending on the tera Tusk can just keep Bulking Up, and Rotom is spedef so its not like it wants to take the knock off, Gholdengo and Meow helps as speed checks, just don't sleep on it and you should be fine

:Roaring Moon: While I have never been actually swept by AcroMoons while using this team, I have encountered so many of these fuckers that I can't just go on without giving you advice. Try to get meow aggressively, spam play rough. Rotom can also burn or para him, if these 2 miss and Moon gets a +2, the game is over, luckily, it hasn't happened to me yet. But he is the only exception to my "Booster Energy sucks" opinion, because fuck man, these things are terrifying.

Conclussion, Pokepaste, Replays and Shoutouts

:sv/Baxcalibur: :sv/Meowscarada: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Great Tusk: :sv/Rotom-Wash: :sv/Iron Moth:

https://pokepast.es/067dce24b4f0b0c7

So yeah, here is the best team I have to offer, I hope you guys like it, and use it, its not THAT bad, I also hope that this gets showered in likes because my emotional stability is gonna depend on that. I Also wanna do a quick shout-outs to AndViet and Fancy1, they are good friends, and better players than me, but they are there for me and it makes me happy. So lets just wait for HOME with hopes of creating more heat teams

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-684106 (GOOD ENDING: Dondozo was killed)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-686303 (BAD ENDING: Dondozo was not killed)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-684552 (HO teams getting kinda wild)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-684122 (Sub Dragapult making my life hell)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-684080 (Denying a Kingambit sweep)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-684596 (And people think double status on the Rotom is bad)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-679955 (Mom would be sad)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-686300 (Iron Moth the Speed King)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-688676 (Everything looks better with a pair of Choice Specs)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-688994 (Whenever you feel in doubt, just spam EQ untill your problems are gone)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-689028 (Walking Wake jumpscare)

Last edited:
I’m not gonna rate this but I love how you put it together :bloblul:

Also intro wasn’t to bad I found it funny
(I fought I was a good friend :blobsad: )

This team looks really good. And I was going to say that regardless but I am also trying to make my comment productive (this one's for you, AndViet). Here are some things to try around with and maybe they'll help more, maybe not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glaive rush has DAMAGE, but the priority in ice shard tho?

Have you tried banded meow for wall-breaking flower tricks and scarfed ghold for out-speeding? You won't beat any +1s (typically) but that's why you have ice shard and then maybe sucker punch on meow too? (Plus you have knockoff on tusk).

If you have rotom, although nobody expects the wisp twave combo, protect instead of wisp might not be a bad idea for testing the waters (as it were).

And then if you want another potential sweeper in moth, booster energy would be massive with a fourth damaging move. Or even scarf for more speed/ specs for more damage. Then you can give gholdengo a balloon or leftovers and add another bulky mon/ another mon with twave instead of trick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for your trouble-mons... Choice scarf meow (as mentioned above) takes care of dozo and your tusk issue while ice shard helps with pult and moon.
BUT, great team. Many props. I hope you've won many times with it and continue to do so! :) :mad:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
This team looks really good. And I was going to say that regardless but I am also trying to make my comment productive (this one's for you, AndViet). Here are some things to try around with and maybe they'll help more, maybe not.

Glaive rush has DAMAGE, but the priority in ice shard tho?

Have you tried banded meow for wall-breaking flower tricks and scarfed ghold for out-speeding? You won't beat any +1s (typically) but that's why you have ice shard and then maybe sucker punch on meow too? (Plus you have knockoff on tusk).

If you have rotom, although nobody expects the wisp twave combo, protect instead of wisp might not be a bad idea for testing the waters (as it were).

And then if you want another potential sweeper in moth, booster energy would be massive with a fourth damaging move. Or even scarf for more speed/ specs for more damage. Then you can give gholdengo a balloon or leftovers and add another bulky mon/ another mon with twave instead of trick.

As for your trouble-mons... Choice scarf meow (as mentioned above) takes care of dozo and your tusk issue while ice shard helps with pult and moon.
BUT, great team. Many props. I hope you've won many times with it and continue to do so! :) :mad:
Thank you! And nice presentation you're going for, Motor GOAT, or GOAT Hawk... hmmmmm Rate My Name lmao

uuhhh, Ice Shard would be nice, but I don't have the slots for that, and Glaive Rush is pretty free

the thing with scarf meow and specs ghol is that meow actually outspeeds booster valiant and roaring moon at +1, Gholdengo cannot deal with neither of them as scarfed. gholdengo deals damage, its stabs in this meta are pretty solid, and specs means I can dish out 2 make it rains before feeling the spa drop

I won't talk about rotom and moth because Andviet also feels the same way as you in that I should change the sets, but I have found more success with my version due to the flexibility and the fact that nobody sees this coming, its an offensive meta so having another option to capitalize on switches instead of becoming fodder is great. Andviet has found success with these changes tho, so go with what you want

also booster energy sucks lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hey 1LDK,

Honorary andviet post, I love this team. I've had some success with this team in Smogon Tour as well as overall SV SSNL. The changes I made to my version of the team would be to go with Booster Energy on Iron Moth and instead of Agility I go with Energy Ball. I also go with Protect > Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W.

Best team you have built, wish you kept it a secret but this team deserves some attention. Great job

Edit: since 1LDK asked me to explain the preference of changes -

Booster Energy on Moth - I feel like this team needed more speed control (Even though Meow does it's job) and I feel like it needed to be instead vs setting up with Agility (on a wasted turn).

Protect on Rotom-W I think was simply for recovery purposes since I wanted to be extremely passive with my usage of Rotom-W in terms of keeping it alive, I went with Thunder Wave > Wisp (Mainly for Baxi) since no one expects it and it breaks popular fire types switching in on Rotom-W sometimes (risky but w/e).

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Best team you have built, wish you kept it a secret but this team deserves some attention. Great job
I mean, true, but the HOME meta is coming close, so I don't think anything bad is gonna happen if I show this piece of art (?
Thanks for the honorary post, for the first time in ages I feel somewhat confident lmao

Amazing team, gonna need to be changed the second home drops lmao, maybe I'll rate it then but for now it looks solid apart from there's no pex with 52 Atk EVs and gunk shot .

Keep on destroying kids dreams on the ladder:woop:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)