Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

As first Pokémon I chose Entei because I wanted to create a team with him, especially now that he has received a new tool, Sacred Fire. With a 361 Atk+CB Bonus and a 100+STAB, with this move he hits like a wrecking ball (no, it isn't a Miley Cyrus reference). Rock and Dragon switchs-in now aren't safe at all, considering that most of them suffers by a burn and they don't want to risk (considering that SF has a 50% chance to burn). Stone Edge it's pretty self explanatory, as Extreme Speed. Sadly Entei can't learn Earthquake, so Bulldoze is the only reliably earth move (moreover, it decrease opponent's speed, which is not bad), 2HKO 'ing (or even OHKO'ing) Pokémons like Heatran that could switch-in predicting a SF (obviously if you're not already stucked into).

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball/Defog

Then it comes Latios, one of my favourite Pokémon. It run the same old and good set: max SpA, max Spe and Life Orb, so he can it fast and hard. Its ability makes him immune to earth moves, so Entei can feel a little bit more safe. Draco Meteor is the supreme STAB, hitting every non-steel/non-fairy mons hard. The other STAB is Psyshock, giving him the pleasure to hit hard Pokémons like bulky MVenuaurs, non-Def invested Blissey/Chansey and Conkeldurr. The third move is obviously Thunderbolt, which allows him to hit super effectively fairies like Azumarill, Togekiss or bulky mons like Mandibuzz and Slowbro. Then we have the last move, which doesn't convince me at all. On one hand, we have Energy Ball which allows Latios to hit mons like Quagsire, Swampert, Gastrodon and other earth type; on the other, we have Defog which allows the eon to remove hazards (Entei would appreciate that).

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 192 HP / 152 Atk / 164 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

A bad-ass looking + mixed set (that seems to work pretty well) = wallbreaker Chomp. 192 HP gives him the opportunity of 4 Sub, while the 162 ev in Spe allows him to outspeed neutral speed Dragonite. EQ and Dragon Claw doesn't need explanations; I run DC instead of Outrage because now it's not safe locking chomp into a dragon move, considering the large number of fairies. Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc harder than Fire Fang do. The last move is Substitute; I just fucking love this one on Garchomp. It usually happens that Garchomp forces a switch-out, so getting a bulky sub it's not a thing to laught about.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen

The fairy mon of the team: Klefki. When I first saw this I was like "meh". But then, using him, I found out that it could be a threat for the opponent. Obviously Prankster abuser, this keychain spam Thunder Waves, never ending screens and Swagger, making him a little bit annoying. His type give him the immunity to dragon moves (moves that can cripple Latios and Garchomp) and poison ones, making him a good Toxic assorber. He also cover all the weaknesses (bar ghost) of the two previously mentioned dragon of my team. He suffers only from fire and earth moves, but thanks to the next Pokémon (and Latios) I can deal with them easily.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Classic Chesto-Rest set: max Hp, max and positive SDef; it's self explanatory.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Then we have the last, but not the least Pokémon: Aegislash. Providing dragon, fairy and ice resistances, he's certainly one of the most interesting new mons, due to his ability to change stats while attacking or defending. I run a mixed set, because I found out that it's the most effective one. Air Ballon is used to give him a temporary immunity to ground and then he carries max Hp, max SpA. Shadow Sneak is a must, expecially combined with Shadow Ball. I chose Iron Head instead of Flash Cannon because it makes more damages to common fairies (except Azumarill), even considering the full invested and positive SpA. King's Shield (in my opinion) is a must combined with his ability, rewarding all the brave attackers that would hit him with a physical move with a -2 drop in Atk.

I know that this thread may contain a lot of english errors; if it's so, please tell me (I'm italian haha). Waiting for constructive tips from ya guys, cya.

Hi Tom Delonge! Nice call on trying Entei, I really like when players try someting new and not just the same things all over and over again.

I see some minor problems in your team that can be fixed.

First of all you have a status clash on your team. Burn vs Paralyze. I think you may just choose one of them so you can rearrange your team in order to exploit. Supposing you might want to keep using Entei, Rotom and Klefki together, I'll suggest running T-Wave over WoW on your Rotom.

Second: Mega-Chomp is a great Pokémon for wall breaking and a Substitute may seem like a good idea, but you forgot another pokemon that can make this job better: Kyurem-B. Kyurem B gets the ability to go mixed too and more important on substitute sets: it gets leftovers. Even if you want you can use Roost to make him get to the end of the match while breaking stall. an Spread of 52 HP / 252 Atk / 206 Speed Is bulky enough to tank things and powerful enough to plow through many things. If you want to go mixed, invest in sp attack rather than Attack and use the usal moves + ice beam.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
52 HP / 252 Atk / 206 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Substitute
Roost
Dragon Claw
Fusion Bolt

Kyurem-B Leftovers
52 Hp/252 Sp Atk / 206 Speed
Nature: Lonely
Substitute
Dracon Claw
Fusion Bolt
Ice Beam

Latios is outclassed as a Defoger beacuse of her sister Latias who has better bulk and a better supporting option in healing wish, with that move you can practically revive a pokemon when need so you can first start spamming high powered attacks with Entei and Kyurem, retreat when the situation gets critical, defog and fully revive them to a second attempt of breaking.

Defog
Draco Meteor
Healing Wish / Roost
Surf / Psyshock
ability: Levitate
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Finally, Aegislash works great as a pivot, so putting him an Air Balloon is really a waste. Try an aotutomize+ weakness policy set and try him like a late game sweeper.

With the mega slot opened. A special attacker might be needed so I think Charizard Y might work well with the team, or if you go mixed on Kyurem, Mega Scizor would be a nice option over Aegislash.

Even Klefki can be dropped for the other mega, in that case, run wow on Rotom as you won't clash with your own status.

Good luck

Mega-Chomp is a great Pokémon for wall breaking and a Substitute may seem like a good idea, but you forgot another pokemon that can make this job better: Kyurem-B. Kyurem B gets the ability to go mixed too and more important on substitute sets: it gets leftovers. Even if you want you can use Roost to make him get to the end of the match while breaking stall. an Spread of 52 HP / 252 Atk / 206 Speed Is bulky enough to tank things and powerful enough to plow through many things. If you want to go mixed, invest in sp attack rather than Attack and use the usal moves + ice beam.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
52 HP / 252 Atk / 206 Speed
Substitute
Roost
Dragon Claw
Fusion Bolt

Kyurem-B Leftovers
52 Hp/252 Sp Atk / 206 Speed
Nature: Lonely
Substitute
Dracon Claw
Fusion Bolt
Ice Beam
Kyurem carries with him 2 more weaknesses, the same number of resistences and none immunity comparing with Garchomp; and, as wallbreaker, I think a Fire Blast set is more effective than an Ice Beam one.

Latios is outclassed as a Defoger beacuse of her sister Latias who has better bulk and a better supporting option in healing wish, with that move you can practically revive a pokemon when need so you can first start spamming high powered attacks with Entei and Kyurem, retreat when the situation gets critical, defog and fully revive them to a second attempt of breaking.

Defog
Draco Meteor
Healing Wish / Roost
Surf / Psyshock
ability: Levitate
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Yeah that's true. Latias outclasses her brother as a Defoger, but I prefer keeping more offensive power instead of better bulk. Do you think it would be a good idea adding a Scizor as a Defoger by replacing Aegi or Klefki? It has a decent bulk and his resistances would grant him a nice staying power.

Scizor @ Leftovers
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Defog

Kyurem carries with him 2 more weaknesses, the same number of resistences and none immunity comparing with Garchomp; and, as wallbreaker, I think a Fire Blast set is more effective than an Ice Beam one.

Yeah that's true. Latias outclasses her brother as a Defoger, but I prefer keeping more offensive power instead of better bulk. Do you think it would be a good idea adding a Scizor as a Defoger by replacing Aegi or Klefki? It has a decent bulk and his resistances would grant him a nice staying power.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Defog
I feel that Klefki is the kind of pokemon you build a team around--and if you're kind of on the fence about it, try scizor but make it life orb

Let's see about coverage:
Kyurem gets BoltBeam coverage hiting neutral AND HARD everything. Garchomp has Ground / Fire coverge being redundant as the don't really cover many types together, so it's not breaking any defensive core soon, in fact a core that has Togekiss on it will totally wall your Garchomp as you can't hit hard enough to do really anything. Defensive Mega-Venasaur (even offensive ones) can Stall you aut with Giga Drain + Synthesis + Thick Fat as you won't KO without a boosting move and he can slowly wear your Garchomp down, he can even have EQ so Entei is not a safe counter to it, Kyurem-B Terabolt ignores Thick Fat and 2HKO's, resists and can take practically everything Venusar might want to throw at him. A substitute might seem a good idea on Mega Garchomp, but limit it to barely 3 uses as hazards, phazing and getting hit on the switch will slowly wear down Garchomp making it less efective than Kyurem B, in addition, when the oponent see you Substitute they will know that you don't have any boosting move and then proceed to scout for your moves to finally get a hard counter like Togekiss or threatening with Mandibuzz beacuase you lack Stone Edge. The main selling point at using Mega-Garchomp as a wallbreaker is Sand Force, something you are not even using.

Even though Kyurem-B carries some pair of weaknesses, your team can manage it very well. Scizor con be dealt with entei, and the fighting types with the Lati@s of choice, Rock types con be dealt with the own Scizor you are curious. In exchange, Slowbro can wreck your Entei and Garchomp by himself and is many times Chansey's partner so Rotom won't have the chance to take care of him without getting statused by Scald or Toxic and be worned down eventually

Yeah that's true. Latias outclasses her brother as a Defoger, but I prefer keeping more offensive power instead of better bulk...
If you still don't want to use Kyurem-B, Latias is the preferred option as bringing back your Chomp fully revived will make it for the lack of recovery and coverage. Way much more offensive than just trying to hit something with Latios that can be trapped by Tyranitar or Scizor.

... but I prefer keeping more offensive power instead of better bulk. Do you think it would be a good idea adding a Scizor as a Defoger by replacing Aegi or Klefki? It has a decent bulk and his resistances would grant him a nice staying power.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Defog
This set is better used with Roost as it is made for a Bulky Setup sweeper. If you want to run Defog on an offensive mon, I suggest dropping Swords Dance for U-turn or Superpower. Scizor hits hard enough to deal some damage with non-boosted moves, and this way you can defog and then U-turn and escape from the obvious Heatran or Charizard X/Y switch in to keep momentum and offensive pressure. You can throw Roost if you want, but U-turn is a must to keep your enemy on check.

Some calcs:

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 123-145 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 248-294 (66.3 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 182-216 (48.6 - 57.7%) -- 48% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 262-310 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 186-220 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 236-282 (64.8 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 176-210 (48.3 - 57.6%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

152 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Mega Venusaur: 144-171 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In return Mega Saur can recover while dealing damage:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 135-160 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 80-96 (21.9 - 26.3%) -- 12.5% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 61-72 (16.3 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

And well, Ferrothorn and Skarmory are recivieng morde damage due to the +4 weakness, that is the only best, but even though, you won't get OHKO on Skarmory because of Sturdy

Last edited:
I feel that the Klefki supports the mega Garchomp so well with para combined with amazing attack. You could replace the Aegislash with Scizor as seen above. Or you could swap out Flash Cannon on Aegislash, and put the Assault Vest on Scizor to replace it with Rotom wash. The Assault Vest Scizor can provide special tankyness, combined with the Roost recovery and Defog.

I feel that the Klefki supports the mega Garchomp so well with para combined with amazing attack. You could replace the Aegislash with Scizor as seen above. Or you could swap out Flash Cannon on Aegislash, and put the Assault Vest on Scizor to replace it with Rotom wash. The Assault Vest Scizor can provide special tankyness, combined with the Roost recovery and Defog.
Assault Vest Scizor can't Roost or Defog xD AV allows only damaging moves.

Let's see about coverage:
Kyurem gets BoltBeam coverage hiting neutral AND HARD everything. Garchomp has Ground / Fire coverge being redundant as the don't really cover many types together, so it's not breaking any defensive core soon, in fact a core that has Togekiss on it will totally wall your Garchomp as you can't hit hard enough to do really anything. Defensive Mega-Venasaur (even offensive ones) can Stall you aut with Giga Drain + Synthesis + Thick Fat as you won't KO without a boosting move and he can slowly wear your Garchomp down, he can even have EQ so Entei is not a safe counter to it, Kyurem-B Terabolt ignores Thick Fat and 2HKO's, resists and can take practically everything Venusar might want to throw at him. A substitute might seem a good idea on Mega Garchomp, but limit it to barely 3 uses as hazards, phazing and getting hit on the switch will slowly wear down Garchomp making it less efective than Kyurem B, in addition, when the oponent see you Substitute they will know that you don't have any boosting move and then proceed to scout for your moves to finally get a hard counter like Togekiss or threatening with Mandibuzz beacuase you lack Stone Edge. The main selling point at using Mega-Garchomp as a wallbreaker is Sand Force, something you are not even using.

Even though Kyurem-B carries some pair of weaknesses, your team can manage it very well. Scizor con be dealt with entei, and the fighting types with the Lati@s of choice, Rock types con be dealt with the own Scizor you are curious. In exchange, Slowbro can wreck your Entei and Garchomp by himself and is many times Chansey's partner so Rotom won't have the chance to take care of him without getting statused by Scald or Toxic and be worned down eventually

If you still don't want to use Kyurem-B, Latias is the preferred option as bringing back your Chomp fully revived will make it for the lack of recovery and coverage. Way much more offensive than just trying to hit something with Latios that can be trapped by Tyranitar or Scizor.

This set is better used with Roost as it is made for a Bulky Setup sweeper. If you want to run Defog on an offensive mon, I suggest dropping Swords Dance for U-turn or Superpower. Scizor hits hard enough to deal some damage with non-boosted moves, and this way you can defog and then U-turn and escape from the obvious Heatran or Charizard X/Y switch in to keep momentum and offensive pressure. You can throw Roost if you want, but U-turn is a must to keep your enemy on check.

Some calcs:

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 123-145 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 248-294 (66.3 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 182-216 (48.6 - 57.7%) -- 48% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 262-310 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 186-220 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 236-282 (64.8 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 176-210 (48.3 - 57.6%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

152 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Mega Venusaur: 144-171 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In return Mega Saur can recover while dealing damage:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 135-160 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 80-96 (21.9 - 26.3%) -- 12.5% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 61-72 (16.3 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

And well, Ferrothorn and Skarmory are recivieng morde damage due to the +4 weakness, that is the only best, but even though, you won't get OHKO on Skarmory because of Sturdy
Mhhhh ok gonna try Kyurem and try to replace The Aegi with M Scizor.
I feel that Klefki is the kind of pokemon you build a team around--and if you're kind of on the fence about it, try scizor but make it life orb
^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)