Epicdrill's Sun Team

I have this friend, who goes by the name of Epicdrill on the internet. Anyway, he asked me to post his team on smogon so ummm... Yeah... I did
(he forgot his email password LOL, so he couldn't register)

None, Currently

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
SolarBeam
Will-o-Wisp
128 HP 252 SpA 20 SpD 108 Spe
Modest
Drought
This stops other weather starters. Sunny Day on the turn they switch in, switch out, deal with their weather starter and I have sun up for the battle. Who I switch into depends on who the opposing weather starter is. The one time I will not switch is when its an Abomasnow (Fire Blast does 132.3% to 156.3% in hail). Solarbeam is a coverage option (only fire and dragon resist Fire Blast and Solarbeam and there is no type that resists Fire Blast and is hit neutrally by Solarbeam, and only flying resists Solarbeam and is hit neutrally by Fire Blast). Will-o-wisp tops Toxic and Protect as a support option for the last spot. Credit for set goes to lucario44444444’s brother.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-scizzor
Rock Slide
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Jolly
Justified
This is my counter to sun counters and sand starters. Volcarona? Goodbye! Stone Edge or Rock Slide OHKOs. Heatran? Close Combat takes care of that. Sand? Tyranitar dies to CC, Hippoudon’s rare and also dies to Close Combat. Anyway, CC and Stone Edge are obvious, and I was going to use Sacred Sword, but my friend pointed out that Rock Slide is needed when you can’t afford an opposing Volcarona to survive 2 turns because of a Stone Edge miss and taking a turn to switch into Terrakion.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Growth
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire
Sludge Bomb
4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Modest
Chlorophyll
This is my chlorophyll sweeper. I’m considering running Giga Drain over Growth because I never seem to use Growth and Giga Drain provides some recovery that I need with a Life Orb that does 30 damage to me every turn that I attack my opponent (11 turns before I faint assuming I start at full HP and only take Life Orb damage). Sludge Bomb is a powerful STAB move. I was considering running Solarbeam over Energy Ball as it is also a powerful STAB move and doesn’t require charging in the sun, but means im f***ed against derppolitoad in the rain because of the 2 turns to charge and HP fire is to get an attack thats boosted in power by sun.

Fortress @ Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Spikes
252 Def 252 HP 4 Atk
Impish
Sturdy
Support, support, support. This is pure support set. Usually gets up SR+2 layers Spikes. It spins away hazards and can survive physical hits BIG TIME. It is EXTREMELY weak to special hits though. Gyro ball is for a damage-doing strong STAB. Rapid Spin is obvious. Need I say anything more?

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Morning Sun
ExtremeSpeed
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Jolly
Flash Fire
Good sun sweeper. Morning Sun restores health and that is needed with a Life Orb and the primary attack doing 1/3 recoil along with Close Combat lowering my defence and special defence 1 stage. Extremespeed is for priority. I don’t use this poke very often because... look down. I used to run Wild Charge over Morning Sun but switched them when I found out that Wild charge is a 2HKO, not an OHKO on DerpPolitoad. Now that I swiched to Sunny Day Ninetales this doesn’t fit the team as well and a replacement would be appreciated. Currently being considered: Specially Defensive Heatran. Needs 4 more ACCEPTIBLE suggestions for replacement before making a descision. LATIOS COUNTERS APPRECIATED!!!!!

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Quiver Dance
Firey Dance
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power Rock
252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe
Timid
Flame Body
My main sun sweeper. After 1 Quiver Dance is up his 3 boosted stats are 583/462/490. And I normally get 2 up before sweeping. Thats stats of 311/115/165/738/492/654. CRAZY special attack, special defence and speed. To get that much special defence without boosts you would need base 172 special defence, 31 ivs, a boosting nature AND 252 EVs in special defence. To get that speed without boosts you need base 248 speed, 31 or 30 ivs, a boosting nature AND either 248 or 252 EVs depending on the ivs. It is literally impossible to get special attack that high without boosts (you get 664 with 255 base, 31 ivs, a boosting nature and 252 EVs in every stat bar HP).
CONCLUSION
The calculation for those stats was given to me by lucario44444444. It is: (base stat*2+5+ivs+(EVs/4))*nature*boost. An example is Volcarona’s special attack at +2. +2 means double it at the end, so: (135*2+5+31+(252/4))*1*2 then it goes to (135*2+5+31+63)*1*2 then to (270+5+31+63)*1*2 then to (275+31+63)*1*2 next is (306+63)*1*2 then 369*1*2 then 369*2 then you know it is 738. The full boost tables are: -6=*0.25 -5=*0.375 -4=*033. -3=*04. -2=*0.5 -1=*0.66 0=*1 +1=*1.5 +2=*2 +3=*2.5 +4=*3 +5=*3.5 +6=*4.
And theres his team! He wrote it all up and all, so I take no credit for this.

Nice Team!

One question is why run Rock Slide and Stone Edge on Terrakion? Maybe EQ?

You can't run Giga Drain and Chlorophyll on the same Pokemon iirc

On Volc I suggest running HP Ground so you can hit Heatran so it wont stop your sweep.

Nice Team!

One question is why run Rock Slide and Stone Edge on Terrakion? Maybe EQ?

You can't run Giga Drain and Chlorophyll on the same Pokemon iirc

On Volc I suggest running HP Ground so you can hit Heatran so it wont stop your sweep.
Thanks!

Stone edge and Rock slide are on terrakion so that it can kill volcarona if it absolutely needs to, and cant afford a miss from stone edge

I'll, be sure to tell my friend that giga drain can't go with chlorophyll!

Volc needs to hit dnite & salamence etc. with rock. However, I will consider ground, due to the rest of his team already dealing with those threats.

Personal thing.. but your running life orb on almost every pokemon.. if item clause is in effect then thats a no go... official battles use it. but if its just with friends then its w.e.

Personal thing.. but your running life orb on almost every pokemon.. if item clause is in effect then thats a no go... official battles use it. but if its just with friends then its w.e.
No one uses item clause because a lot of items are very common. Let's say you have two bulky pokemon that use lefties what do you do. Ruin part of their purpose and survivability. I think not.

Heatran over Arcanine is a pretty good idea. Arcanine is outclassed by other pokemon on your team as a sun sweeper. Specially Defensive Heatran outclasses Arcanine as a bulky Flash Fire poke because of its better stats and typing. Try this set:

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

You can also consider Roar over one of these moves in order to phaze.

What about Blissey in place of Arcanine? Blissey+Forretress make a very good defensive core and gives you a Latios counter you so desire. I beleive wish support would be the best set for you, giving Forretress recovery, and your sweepers/Nintales a bit more longevity.

The moveset though is pretty up-in-the-air in my mind since you have a couple different options. First, you could run Stealth Rock on Blissey, so then you have two options with Forretress: replace Stealth Rock with Toxic Spikes or Volt Switch. Toxic Spikes will help weaken stuff for your sweepers, but I don't think you will really stall a lot of stuff anytime soon due to the offensive nature of your team. Volt Switch will let you be able to escape Magnezone, helping against Mag-Dragon teams, as well as give you momentum after setting hazards down.

The other option on Blissey is instead of Stealth Rock you have is Flamethrower. Blissey's okay special attack and the boost from the Sun will allow her to roast Fire-weak switchin's. One of the most common switchins, Scizor, will easily be OHKO'ed. The only other option that might be worthwile is Heal Bell.

Blissey@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)