SV OU ERROR.404 x MATTE (peaked No.221)

(haha p for protection)
:sv/meowscarada: :sv/ting-lu::sv/moltres::sv/slowking-galar: :sv/iron-valiant: :sv/maushold:

Yuh, waytoopetty here. Haven't posted an RMT of myself in a loooong time. (Have been rating ur teams tho :) I decided to post this as dlc is dropping soon and for the funsies. I'm getting to know the community more and the (mostly) wonderful people here. I have honed my teambuilding skills but eventually hit a roadblock. All my teams weren't doing well, I couldn't even think of what does what, etc... To clear it, I decided to colab with my good friend blooclipse as I really loved their style of teams, and they are just a chill person in general. Anyways, Enough of the talk, lets get into the team.

Umm idk where to put this, but here the the proof of peak. Look for the account Ichiran (my favorite ramen brand)
(note that I did take this team higher, (1766) but it didn't count as I used some other teams as well as this one when I got it higher)

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 4.49.40 PM.png

Team Building Process:

:Meowscarada:
Meowscarada is a great pivot, and in this hazard stacking meta, its really good as it gets Knock-Off to enable hazard stack more, and is able to threaten :great-tusk: with Flower Trick. I'll explain it more in the actual set, but its for overwhelming the Birds (:moltres: and :zapdos:) with Knock Off and Hazards so that its teammates can thrive.

:Meowscarada::ting-lu:
As we are going with a hazard stack idea, Ting-Lu is the mon for the job. Its bulky, sets hazards. Not much to say here.

:Meowscarada::ting-lu::moltres:
Going against most traditional hazard stack teams, we have :moltres: instead of :gholdengo:. I feel like Gholdengo doesn't really do much now as most :great-tusk: are Max speed, so good players (anyone that knows what Gholdengo does) can just Knock Off into Earthquake and you just wasted a mon. Moltres helps with punishing U-turn spam, and still does good vs Great Tusk (provided you can read Knocks like me) and fish for a Flame Body chance. Synergizes well with the rest of the team with a Fairy and Bug resist.

:Meowscarada::ting-lu::moltres::Slowking-galar:
One of my favorite cores in the meta, :Moltres: and :Slowking-Galar:. They check so many things combined, and how could I not add Slowking-G to this team. Sure, :Sandy-Shocks: give this duo a hard time, but with :ting-lu:'s sheer bulk, it can either force the Tera Ice, and Kill it, or Whirlwind it out (then it looses :booster-energy:). Our team is pretty weak to rain, so Slowking with Chilly Support keeps weather in check if played well.

:Meowscarada::ting-lu::moltres::Slowking-galar::iron-valiant:
We needed more offence on this team, so we added in :Iron-valiant:. Idk why tbh, but it just seemed good to us here. If I can think of a reason, It was that it thrives when the Birds are off the field and is able to chunk unsuspecting walls. (Buddy you aren't switching into a Specs Moonblast)

:Meowscarada::ting-lu::moltres::Slowking-galar::iron-valiant::Maushold:
This team didn't have hazard removal, so we slapped :maushold: on. Things like :great-tusk: didn't fit the bill as we where already pretty weak to rain, We also had different version where we had :zamazenta: over Maus, but running no hazard removal seemed like too much of a risk/downside so Maushold is on the team. It also really thrives with the birds off the field, so that was another plus.

Alright, that was alot. I'll now be moving on to the team.

:Protective Pads::sv/meowscarada::Protective Pads:
Meowscarada @ Protective Pads
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark/Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- U-turn
- Leech Seed / Sucker Punch / Thunder Punch / Spikes

The main idea of the team. :Zapdos: and :Moltres: normally sit on :Meowscarada: with their flying typing and abilities. Bloo decided that we could run a set like :Sneasler:, and be able to beat (well cripple) the birds. Knock Off is for item removal and progress, Flower Trick is for strong stab, U-turn is for offensively pivoting and the last moveslot was really up in the air. Sounds really stupid, but you can run Leech Seed for damaging the birds even further, as Knock off + Hazard damage + Leech Seed damage really racks up overtime and Leech Seed's recovery really makes our walls unkillable. For example, Earth Power from :Sandy Shocks: is a 3HKO on :Slowking-galar: thanks to Leech seed recovery. You need to play smart with this move, as it provides alot of reward but if played wrong, you could have wasted a turn. Sucker Punch is really just an npc option, but it always has uses for revenge killing as well as mind games with :kingambit:also betters the rain matchup as you can kill :basculegion: now. Thunder Punch is for the birds, if you want to deal with them with just Meowscarada. Catches alot of mons off guard like :enamorus: which normally sit on Meow. Tera Dark is for the power boost on Knock Off, but you can run Ghost for immunity to Extreme Speed, Offensive spinblocking and to be immune/resist dark and poison moves. You can also run Spikes as you have that free turn when the birds switch/hard reads in which you can use to set even more hazards. This is just really for the hazard crazy people because :Ting-Lu: isn't running Spikes.
:leftovers::sv/ting-lu::leftovers:
Ting-Lu @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost/Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Heavy Slam/Ruination

Pretty much a standard :Ting-Lu: set, It does good versus the birds, and sets hazards to really screw them up. Steath Rocks for chip damage which pairs well with :meowscarada:'s Knock off, Earthquake for some offence to hit things like :Clodsire:, :slowking-galar: and :gholdengo: if not :air-balloon:. Whirlwind for phasing to prevent setup, and also to get chip damage on mons and is able to activate :booster-energy: early. Pairs really well with the hazards ofc, but also Future Sight as you can get lucky and bring out a :iron-valiant: or :Great-tusk:. Heavy Slam is "tech" for :Iron-valiant:, :enamorus: and Tera fairies. You have no idea how many :Gholdengo: and :Kingambit: Tera only to get clapped by Heavy Slam. You can run Ruination over Heavy Slam, as this team is pretty good with fairy types, but I like being able to kill a greedy fairy. Tera Ghost can be run for Spinblocking, and Tera poison can be run for a fairy and fighting resist as well as being immune to Toxic. Note that if you do run Leech Seed on :Meowscarada:, you can run Boots on Ting-Lu as Leech Seed is recovery for it.

:heavy-duty-boots::sv/moltres::heavy-duty-boots:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Water/Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 108 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane/Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

We needed a Bug and Fairy resist, so here is :moltres:. It fits well with the core on the team, as Ting-Lu is not weak to hazards and rock type moves and is good for absorbing Knock-Off. It helps cover for :Slowking-galar:'s weaknesses and Its ability allows Slowking to become a mixed wall itself with its physical bulk is boosted with burn. We went for a mixed type of :moltres: that is able to take on attacks from both sides. 108 SpD Evs is to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Tera fairy :enamorus:, 20 speed is for Max speed :Kingambit:, and the rest is poured into HP and defence for Moltres to not be that weak on the physical side without burn. Hurricane is a weird choice here, you normally want to run Will-O-Wisp but being able to kill/damage :great-tusk:, :iron-valiant: and :baxcalibur: is worth it. You can run Wisp if you really don't like H-cane as its more consistent for :Kingambit:. Flamethrower is stab and for fishing for burns as well as the Flame Body burn chance, U-turn is for a slow pivot and to not be trapped by :heatran:'s Magma Storm. Roost is for Longetivity. Tera fairy is for keeping a dark resistance, and gaining a dragon immunity as well as fairy being a solid type in general. Tera water can be run for a better rain matchup, but I would suggest fairy as we are running Tera water already on :Slowking-galar:.

:Heavy-Duty Boots::sv/slowking-galar::Heavy-Duty Boots:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Chilly Reception
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave/Surf

:Slowking-galar: is the best SpD wall in the format right now. Its wonderful suits the meta really well having key resistances to fighting and fairy. 44 Evs ins Def allows Slowking to survive a Knock-Off from :meowscarada:, and the rest is poured into HP and SpD for as much special bulk as possible. I'm running a Calm nature on :Slowking-galar: to lower Foul Play damage even more and to win the mirror matchup vs Sassy/Bold Slowking. You can run a speed lowering nature for speed ties, but I find Calm more consistent. Chilly Reception is for pivoting and weather control. This team is pretty weak to weather, so you have to make sure to make the right switches with Slowking to keep weather off. Future Sight is for support and pairs well with other members of the team like :iron-valiant:. Sludge Bomb is for fairies and to make sure its not too passive. For the last moveset, you can run two moves. Thunder Wave is good support for punishing switches, and Surf is for ground types like :great-tusk: that get a free switch on :Slowking-galar:. Tera Water is again, for the rain/sun matchup as well as a water resist for :walking-wake:.

:choice-specs: :sv/iron-valiant: :choice-specs:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel/Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick/Psyshock

We needed more offence, so we said lets ball with Specs :iron-valiant:. Its damage output is crazy and is able to catch walls like :landorus-therian: and :rotom-wash: off guard with a 2HKO. It also pairs really well with :Slowking-galar:'s Future Sight as the things that it invites Val does good against. Moonblast is crazy strong stab, Thunderbolt is for the birds and bulky waters, (I have caught so many :corviknight: with an OHKO) Shadow Ball is coverage for :slowking-galar:, :gholdengo: and :skeledirge:. Psyshock is for poision types like :amoonguss: and :clodsire: but can be swapped for Trick to cripple a defensive wall instead of killing it (A stall/garg backup plan). Tera fairy can be used for more Moonblast power and Tera Steel is used defensively for a steel resist and a poison immunity.

:wide-lens::sv/maushold::wide-lens:
Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fairy / Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore / Low Kick
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Tidy Up

:Maushold: is a niche pick that happened to fit on this team. We needed hazard removal that was also able to beat lead :samurott-hisui:. With the goal of our team to weaken/eliminate the birds and rocky helmet with :meowscarada:, Maushold becomes a better mon as it is able to spam its Population Bomb without risking being crippled from status or just killed. This set is pretty much the only thing Maushold runs, but i'll still explain it. Population Bomb for massive damage, its able to beat Lead :Samurott-hisui:, but just watch out for :choice-scarf: on Samurott. Bite is stab, and to hit those ghosts. Tidy Up for hazard removal and also going for a sweep. Encore for anti setup, or to lock an opponent into a hazard move so we can use it as setup fodder. Low Kick can be used for :kingambit:, if you don't like playing with encore and just want damage. Tera fairy can be used for a dark and fighting resistance allowing you to deal with Sucker Punch better and fighting types. Tera Ghost is for being immune to common priority like Extreme Speed and Fake-Out as well as a immunity to fighting moves. It also baits unsuspecting (low ladder) Kingambit into Sucker Punch which you can punish with Encore.

Tips and Tricks:

Play fast and aggressive. This team performs best when you make hard reads and risk. If you play too slow, you will end up getting overwhelmed.

We are running Moltres without Will-O-Wisp so here is how to deal with :kingambit: you always just go for Flamethrower as they have to hit you eventually. If they Sucker, then you can lock it into Encore from :maushold: and if they Kowtow, pray for a burn.

Weaknesses:

:Baxcalibur:: This mon is soooo annoying. If it gets a Dragon Dance up, its pretty hard to kill. Ting-Lu lives a hit and can get a Heavy Slam in, and you just pray for no flinches on Moltres to kill it. Try not to let it for free, for example you can hard read Slowking by switching in Iron-Valiant on :Slowking-galar: getting snow up and switching into Baxcalibur so you force it out. You can also try to get rid of its boots and setup hazards so that you have chip and are able to kill with something. Again, try not to let it get in for free, and make agressive switches.

Hazard Stacking: As :maushold:is our only source of hazard removal, it can only come in 1-2 times a game before it dies/get too chipped down. Play agressive and try to weaken their hazard setter. If its :samurott-hisui:, you can just KO it off the rip but if its Ting-Lu, try to set hazards before they do and Knock-Off its leftovers.

If there is any other thing I didn't describe, tell me in the comments and I'll be glad to help you with a solution.

Shoutouts + Conclusion:

Shoutouts to: blooclipse and 1LDK , Blooclipse helped build this team, and I completely ripped the formatting from 1LDK.
It was really fun to build an improve as a player over this meta, Gen 9 will probably be my favorite generation of all time (wow). This has been waytoopetty and blooclipse (not really), Hope you can reach superstardom with this team and we will be dropping more heat once the dlc drops (more heat teams confirmed!?!?).

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
thatll be 500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 dollars (you know how inflation is these days) + extra tip, how would you like to pay

Love the SpDef EV'd Slowking. The benefits of AV Slowking, that I can't seen to win with, having only Sludge B. to spread status with, unlike in your case where you can actually spread status reliably and Chilly Reception out of there.

I have been in the same situation with Mscarada where the fourth move keeps changing...but I don't think I'd ever make an RMT slashing four moves lol.

Why do you go maus over tusk? In my experience unless I absolutely needed hazard off the field and can't risk my spin/defog getting blocked by Gholdengo, tusk is better than maus simply because it can survive more hit and have more switch in opportunity. As of beating lead samu an defensive tusk should be able to deal with it barring crit even although you are sacrificing a bit of your hp if it try to go for water stab and not being able to set up spikes or only one layer of spike if it try to go for ceaseless. Spin/knock on first turn into close combat second turn always kill. Rapid spin+Headlong rush on an offensive set should do the same but risk losing to razor shell+aqua jet. And even then you can always lead Meow and U-turn into tusk if they stay in for spike/sacred sword.

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush

I run Ice spinner on this set because the team I was using this on didn't need knock off but I think knock should be fine too. Tera water could also help deal with Bax.

And that 99% accurate populalation bomb miss more often than you think....

Why do you go maus over tusk? In my experience unless I absolutely needed hazard off the field and can't risk my spin/defog getting blocked by Gholdengo, tusk is better than maus simply because it can survive more hit and have more switch in opportunity. As of beating lead samu an defensive tusk should be able to deal with it barring crit even although you are sacrificing a bit of your hp if it try to go for water stab and not being able to set up spikes or only one layer of spike if it try to go for ceaseless. Spin/knock on first turn into close combat second turn always kill. Rapid spin+Headlong rush on an offensive set should do the same but risk losing to razor shell+aqua jet. And even then you can always lead Meow and U-turn into tusk if they stay in for spike/sacred sword.

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush

I run Ice spinner on this set because the team I was using this on didn't need knock off but I think knock should be fine too. Tera water could also help deal with Bax.

And that 99% accurate populalation bomb miss more often than you think....
Maushold was chosen over tusk for its higher speed tier, ability to beat lead Samurott (without having to sacrifice hp) and ability to sweep once the birds are dealt with. Also, being triple weak to water and being forced to tera to fix that is really bad. This team is supposed to be more offensive (plays faster), so putting Tusk (even the offensive set) would be a setback in power. (Maushold is able to clear hazards while setting up.) And with living a hit, it doesn't really matter as most of the time when I cleared hazards, It was off a hard read so its not like it needs to take a hit and even if something switches in forcing me out (eg Gholdengo), I can just go to Moltres or Ting-Lu and get chip with U-turn/getting up hazards.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cool team matte,

a few suggestions, I think you should probably go with Thunder Punch 10 / 10 times for the 4th slot for Meowscarada. Really punishes Corviknight switchins.

I would go with Spikes > Whirlwind for Ting Lu so you can just setup the whole squad with one mon since you already have Tera Ghost in place. I like Whirlwind when another mon that's not Ting Lu is setting up at least 1/2 of the entry hazard (usually SR). I don't think phazing is super important with this team since it's not incredibly bulky and Air Balloon Gholdengo is very common so Ruination I think is a must in conjunction with EQ.

I think Choice Specs Gholdengo might not do a bad job over Choice Specs Valiant which adds another ghost to the team so you can make sure entry hazard stays up as well as probably adding a stronger choice specs user. (Not a hard suggestion)

Thanks for posting the team.

Cool team matte,

a few suggestions, I think you should probably go with Thunder Punch 10 / 10 times for the 4th slot for Meowscarada. Really punishes Corviknight switchins.

I would go with Spikes > Whirlwind for Ting Lu so you can just setup the whole squad with one mon since you already have Tera Ghost in place. I like Whirlwind when another mon that's not Ting Lu is setting up at least 1/2 of the entry hazard (usually SR). I don't think phazing is super important with this team since it's not incredibly bulky and Air Balloon Gholdengo is very common so Ruination I think is a must in conjunction with EQ.

I think Choice Specs Gholdengo might not do a bad job over Choice Specs Valiant which adds another ghost to the team so you can make sure entry hazard stays up as well as probably adding a stronger choice specs user. (Not a hard suggestion)

Thanks for posting the team.
Hmm. Very interesting, Idk why but in reading this post, I just had a deja vu of reading the exact same post. Anyways, I agree with the change on Ting-Lu and swapping Gholdengo for Val seems interesting, but I feel like the speed tier of it is what really brings it down. I chose Val to have speed Control in a form other than Meow. I'll take these tests to the ladder, hope to find results. (jk dlc dropped and i'm going bonkers with Jirachi.)

P.S., Who's matte? And how do you think this team will fare with the post dlc metagame?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)