Espeon

I've been running a Scarf set on my semi-stall team, and it's been pretty effective. The low base power of its moves is disappointing, but it still packs decent power. Its abysmal movepool leaves room for both Psychic and Psycho Shock, if you're into that which adds some "mixed" versatility. The speed is super super high, so you can outspeed a lot of sun sweepers (no sawsbuck : /) and other scarfers such as Heracross and Flygon. Other pokemon you can get surprise kills on are Crobat and Weavile. Apart from the surprise value, it's pretty good at cleaning up weakened offense teams.

And of course, it provides Magic Mirror support. Otherwise you'd just use Zam.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Echoing Pentao's post, Espeon can now use Stored Power with Magic Mirror, so there's a reason for Espeon to be both a Baton Pass recipient and a team player at that.

And now that it's been mentioned, I think Espeon can entirely forgo Light Screen for another move, leaving just Reflect to fulfill its duties. There were some mentions of Reflect-only Espeon in the OU Espeon thread, and it apparently works well on stall and balanced teams, remisnce of Reflect Cresselia.

I don't care what tier Espeon is in. It's awesome competitively and aesthetically now, and with Egg moves added in the mix...yeah.

Indeed. Stored Power is definitely making it a great recipient of Shell Smash, and a Reflect set is not too shabby either since if she is not full support anymore, she doesn't need it, or can be left for something more capable, like Evolite Chansey?

Baton Pass Recipient
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Stored Power
Baton Pass
Hidden Power Fighting/Ground
Reflect

Any other ideas to improve this?

Echoing Pentao's post, Espeon can now use Stored Power with Magic Mirror, so there's a reason for Espeon to be both a Baton Pass recipient and a team player at that.

And now that it's been mentioned, I think Espeon can entirely forgo Light Screen for another move, leaving just Reflect to fulfill its duties. There were some mentions of Reflect-only Espeon in the OU Espeon thread, and it apparently works well on stall and balanced teams, remisnce of Reflect Cresselia.

I don't care what tier Espeon is in. It's awesome competitively and aesthetically now, and with Egg moves added in the mix...yeah.
The point of my set was to double screen, though. As in, come in on obvious hazard/status, set up screens, to allow something else to set up.

I realize there are probably better dual screeners, but Espeon sets itself apart by also passing a wish if necessary. All the while blocking status and hazards.
It's not a strong wish, but when under the effects of dual screens the effect it should be strong enough to keep the receiving pokemon in relatively good health.
The only other pokemon that can do all of this is Xatu.

Also, I'd slash in HP fire instead of ground. Heatran is out of the question, so it doesn't need considering, and HP fire still hits steels with balloons, however rare they are in UU. It's also boosted by the sun, which occasionally rears its head in UU with eviolite Vulpix. You can probably even use a Vulpix of your own.

mm.. i don't believe espy will be too long on this tier, it isn't extremly broken, but with the release of female dreamworld evee, MB espeon got a big update to its movepool, and it's popularity seems to have skyrocket.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Butterfly Dance Venomoth + Assist Power / Baton Pass Espeon. Venomoth comes in on a lot, such as Roserade, a ton of bulky waters, and the plethora of fighting moves. Butterfly Dance on the switch (or weak special attack), sleep the switch, BD again as they sleep or swap, and BP to Espeon who is now looking at +2 Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense and a 140 BP Assist Power that cannot be pHazed, and can Baton Pass out the boosts to something more capable if a wall comes out.

GG life.

I wonder if the effects are nullified if an espeon with magic bounce tries to use a status move on an espeon with magic bounce.

I noticed that the move Entrainment is subject to Magic Bounce. I have a question...when that movie is bounced, does it give the person using it its own ability again or, when its bounced, does it make it Espeon's attack and in turn gives it Magic Mirror?

I wonder if the effects are nullified if an espeon with magic bounce tries to use a status move on an espeon with magic bounce.
The targeted Espeon will get the status.

>X used Toxic
>Y's MB bounced the Toxic
>X's MB bounced it again
>Y's MB can only activate once in a turn and Y get statused.

At least I saw that on PO.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The targeted Espeon will get the status.

>X used Toxic
>Y's MB bounced the Toxic
>X's MB bounced it again
>Y's MB can only activate once in a turn and Y get statused.

At least I saw that on PO.
Well, according to bulbapedia:

Magic Bounce will only activate once a turn. If two opposing Pokémon have this Ability only the target's Magic Bounce will reflect the move (i.e. the move will only be reflected once).
Which would mean the user of the move gets hit.

Hmm, with the Pokemon no longer legal for UU play, this thread seems somewhat irrelevant now.

Sad that the moment Stored Power/Wish/Baton Pass MB Espeon is legal it becomes OU. What a waste.

Not even sure if Espeon will really stay OU.

It's possible most people were just trying it out, but I imagine that the tactic of BP'ing a shell smash or two butterfly dances isn't all that easy.

There are quite a bit of threats out there to stop Espeon.

Scizor, broken mole(if Espeon doesn't run max speed), Tyranitar(if Espeon runs solo psychic), Bisharp which carries a very powerful sucker punch, to name a few.
And considering you can easily put three of them in a team without even considering Espeon.. Well, yeah.

All that, on top of the difficulty of properly setting up a shell smash and BP'ing it into Espeon without Espeon taking damage or an active substitute.

I'm not sure, it's going to be really tough to pull that off against a skilled opponent. I feel like Espeon is simply going to way of Umbreon, where it will have great difficulty doing anything, but it's being overused because of hype.

Keep in mind that it's not just a matter of killing Espeon, simply stopping it from doing anything, forcing it to BP is enough to significantly reduce its usefulness.

Bisharp is rare in OU to say the least. I have NEVER seen a Bisharp in OU in my entire life, and it's easily dealt with by random Fighting type: Lucario trolls him very hard. Excadrill always outspeeds under Sandstorm(IIRC it outspeeds EVERYTHING under Sand) and is almost always used in Sandstorm, Scizor checks just about every Psychic type, Reuniclus can 2HKO but Scizor outspeeds with Bug Bite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)