Expert belt battle bond greninja with H.O almost peaked 1600

Hello everyone today I’m making a team on battle bond Greninja.going To be my first rmt and I hope for a positive response .everyone sleeps on this mon and the coverage is just insane , also the ability to outspeed basically every photosynthesis and quark drive mon after plus one and also many scarfers like enamorus,gholdeng,etc.
If u don’t want to waste ur time reading here is the team

https://pokepast.es/6ee769b05690b68d

Greninja-Bond @ Expert Belt
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

this is the greninja set I’m running and it’s rlly slept on, extrasensory To hit sneasler,amoongus,pex,clodisre also ice beam is there to hit dragons,enamorus, and basically this set hits everything except bulky water types like Dondozo,Volcanion etc. Gren can be used as a late game sweeper,mid game wall breaker because no one expects battle bond Gren and then suddenly this coverage. Overall I got many sweeps with this set

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

i decided to make it a hyper offense team becoz other setup sweepers Remove Gren Checks or vice versa and depending upon that u cud use Gren early game to wall break or late game sweep. garchomp was the perfect sash lead since it got spikes now and also has rough skin to deal with other sash mons like samurott-hisu,glimmora etc.nothing much to say abt chomp, very standard pick.

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Light Screen
- Reflect

i also added screens since many sweepers require bulk to setup and screens provides that. Dragapult is the fastest screen setter while also not caring abt other screen setters with infiltrator. It gets momentum with u-turn and overall just typical pult. The idea is to setup hazards with chomp and either go to one of ur sweepers or setup screens depending upon ur opp pokemon.greninja survives many priority moves like sucker, b.p and sneak due to screen.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Tera Blast
- Sucker Punch

u know we had to add kingambit.I think he is one of the most broken mons in the meta rn with the exception of zamazenta. It fits perfectly on h.o with screens for multiple s.d and idk how many times it has won me games when I have one mon and opp has like 5 so yeah. I also think It might get banned so might as well enjoy him before that. Tera blast flying for all its checks like tusk,zamazenta,valiant,etc.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Encore
i originally had gholdengo but the team got rlly weak to other protosynthesis mons , and no one adds defensive mons on h.o so I added arguably most broken mon to use this ability which checks all others with its speed control, the set I’m running is rlly weird and honestly idk what set is the best for this team so I wud love some suggestions.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

last but not least is belly drum azumarill, i cud not think of any other setup sweeper Which appreciates screens , did try iron moth but it cud not sweep a single game ngl. The role of azu is similar to gren, I sometimes use it as soon as chomp dies and put a huge dent in their team or use it just before Kingambit to break mons that check kingambit, coz even if doesn’t do anything thr is always the priority aqua jet and rlly good fairy typing.

overall I had a lot of success with this team but I wud love some suggestions and I rlly want to know if this team performs well for others or not.
I had many saved replays of Gren and kingambut sweeps but literally dint know u had to save before downloading so I lost them. Will update once I find some more replays

threats:</p><p>cinderace: especially with court change it just brings screens on its sides and hazards on our side which basically loses u the game unless u stall it but u can’t get it back up coz of Cinderace.thr is also no hazard removal so good luck

iron valiant: if greninja does not get a +1, then u basically gotta win a speed tie if they break chomps sash so idk what to do with that

zamazenta:bruh when this mon getting banned literally hard checks all the phys sweepers on this team,u gotta use one to lower it and then try sweep with other but if they have more checks good luck

last but not least is dragapult: not much to say abt it ig

conclusion: wud love some suggestions and feedback pls, Im currently in 1550 on ladder and ive won my past 15 put of 20games with this team

I love the team! Greninja is a cool pick and definitely hits a good portion of the current meta for super-effective damage. Here are some general improvements for your team.

General Improvements for the team: (noted that I don't want to completely overhaul the team bc thats not fun but just some small changes)

Set Overhauls:

A suggestion for :dragapult:'s set. If the reason you are using them is to set screens fast to enable your strong sweepers, You should use the suicide lead set. Here is a description of the set. The suicide lead set is EVed for maximum bulk (hp) and also max speed. This makes :dragapult: harder to kill behind screens while not sacrificing any speed. Light Clay and Dual Screens are a given on this set but Curse is for :dragapult: to lower the HP of the enemy lead and punishes them for staying in enabling you to set screens. This is also great for weakening would be checks to your sweepers. Thunder Wave is a good move for enabling slower members on your team like :Azumarill: to go for stronger moves that will kill earlier on top of the chip damage from curse. You could go with Will-O-Wisp to cripple phys attackers, but T-Wave is better for all situations not just phys attackers. This set does get shut down from taunt, however you can predict this by switching out to a mon that is good against them, wasting them a turn and getting the momentum in your favor. Tera fairy is to resist those knock-offs or dark moves. You really ever tera this mon but the option is really nice in case you need to take a hit and set up screens late game. Against :samurott-hisui:, set up as many screens, and then switch into :iron-valiant:. This play forces them to switch out or attack. You can read the switch and set up or you could just attack back.

New :Dragapult: set ---> https://pokepast.es/b966ce39b6b3216f

Change :Garchomp: ---> :Dragonite:

If you are going set hazards then, set screens, this lets your opponent set up while doing this and just gives them alot of turns to do whatever they want. As you mentioned, :Cinderace: can just steal them and dip. After one DD, you can outspeed and kill Bulky-Pivot :cinderace:. And because :garchomp: is only going to be setting hazards and most of the time dying after, you might as well just add another attacker to your team and have :dragapult: as your primary lead. :Dragonite: adds nice priority in E-Speed (I made a team about it check it out if you want ;) There are SO many :dragonite: sets around but I think the one that suits your team the best is the encore one. It checks :zamazenta: trying to set up, and also resists body-press. You could also go with bulky :dragonite:which has roost to heal back the multiscale and just won't die behind multiscale. I'll provide you with some sets with their name too.

Here is some counterplay to :zamazenta: DD up with :Dragonite:, then encore if they try to set up, then switch to :iron-valiant: and hammer away. Try to bait tera with :dragonite:, but most of the time, :zamazenta:'s tera is Steel or Fairy.

Some :dragonite: sets ---> https://pokepast.es/d3a619393fd6d33c

Some small changes:

Change :Azumarill:'s ice punch to ice spinner. I'm sure you just didn't see the move or something but Ice Spinner is SO much better. It is stronger and also has a secondary effect. It removes terrain, which none of you mons are trying to set up. It can help by getting rid of the future-paradox mons:iron-valiant:terrain getting rid of their ability boosts disabling their strat in the first place.

Change :kingambit:'s item from :black-glasses: to :lum-berry:. Because of :kingambit:'s ability, its moves will get a power increase already. Also if running :black-glasses: you normally run 2 Dark type attacks but you are running tera flying tera blast. :lum-berry: is good for saving you from a one time status move. There are alot of fast pokemon with Status Moves like :dragapult: max speed :rotom-wash: :zapdos: etc... that will just ignore your sucker but with :lum-berry: you can just ignore them and go for the kill.

There are some recommendations/improvements for your team! Go out there and win!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)