SS OU Explosion Screen HO (Post Mag & Ace BAN)

Hello everyone, I want to post my team, I’m not good at competitive pkmn games besides HO because I don’t wanna play long turns. Previously this team include both Magearna and Cinderace, but since they’re banned, I replace them with Volcarona and Urshifu. I’ve been using this team only on low ladder. If I’ve reach 1500s, I using different account back to low ladder, lol. But I currently want to use this team to laddering above 1500

---

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
He is my lead 100% to setup rocks and deal as many damage as possible with earthquake. Knock off to deals damage and remove items, and explosion for dealing massive damage when his hp is low. His role was only to setup rock and can die after that, I never switch him 100%. He’s weak to multi hit moves like surging strike or triple axel that can break focus sash.

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
He is my screen setter and spinner, also suicider. Usually he can setup dual screen safely because of his godly speed. I almost never switch him and just use explosion instead even on resisted hit like ferrothorn or corviknight. The only enemy of this thing is infiltrator dragapult because it can bypass screen and immune to rapid spin & explosion

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
My main wallbreaker & sweeper, standard garchomp set. Can swords dance in screen and punch a large hole to enemy defense. Also can increase speed with scale shot, Weak to status move like toxic and burn. And vulnerable to revenge killer because of scale shot defense drop

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
My wincon mon, multiscale was really useful with boots, I can setup 2 dd with ease, Dual wingbeat is his main STAB moves along with earthquake as handful coverage. Extremespeed was used to revengekill very fast mon that it cannot outspeed even after +2dd like hawlucha, barraskewda in rain, regieleki, etc. Weak to any chip damage that can break multiscale.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
Volcarona is my replacement of weakness policy magearna as the only special attacker. Standard sweeper set with 3 attack, can 6-0 enemy after a single quiver dance if they didn’t have special wall. Here’s the reply : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1290799183-n1ojidek0kmfkwdjw7c3w1ht2ia9uglpw. The things that can wall him were flash fire heatran, blissey, galar-slowking. Weak to revenge killer and faster scarfer.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
Urshifu is my last slot of mon replacing cinderace as wallbreaker and priority attacker. Protective pads was used to protect him for rough skin, iron barbs, rocky helmet, etc. because of 3 hits surging strikes. I think he is my least useful on my team because it can be walled by common things like toxapex and slowbro. But still very fun to use.

---
And that’s my team. I realize my team is very weak to dragapult, expecially on dd set that it can OHKO garchomp, dragonite (multiscale break after first darts) and volcarona at +1, cannot be revenged by extremespeed and resist both urshifu STAB. I planned to replace dragonite/urshifu with scizor or bisharp or weavile or anything that have priority moves.

Awaiting for opinion of yours everyone, thank you.

Edit :
- Update1 by Kounamii -> https://pokepast.es/04021f70f105b14a
- Update 2 -> https://pokepast.es/280c2171239e84e8

Last edited:
Hey there! Really cool team! Here are the improvements that I would make.

Major Change
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: -> :Azumarill:
Azumarill fits better on Screens teams thanks to the extra bulk, it can get of Bellydrums much easier making it better at breaking through the opponents team. Azumarill should be preserved for the late game once its checks have been chipped down enough or removed so it can easily clean through the opponents team. Azumarill should not accumulate too much chip damage, as it lessens its opportunities to set up Belly Drum, so be sure to keep Hazards off your side of the field.

Set:
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Optional Minor Change
:Dragonite:
Extreme Speed -> Roost
Roost is also an option for Longevity and so you can stay healthy throughout the match. You will also be able to recover up to Multiscale range so you can take hits more easily but both are good options. It just depends if you want the priority for faster revenge killers or you want to have more Longevity.

Here's the updated team: https://pokepast.es/138ca6221fc25fd8
I hope the changes do well for you :)

Thank you for your feedback
Major Change
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: -> :Azumarill:
Definitely want to try Azumarill as Urshifu replacement. It's fairy typing being immune to dragon type moves. So it can setup on choice locked draco meteor on dragapult or lati@s

Optional Minor Change
Extreme Speed -> Roost
Thank you but I'll stick with ExSpeed because I don't like long battles that takes many turns, so I never put recovery moves on my team, lol.

I wanna ask you about my overall team, is having both Garchomp & Dragonite redundant? because they both share the same weakness as dragon type. I planning to change one of them with steel attacker, either garchomp with kartana or dragonite with scizor. How do you think?

Thank you for your feedback

Definitely want to try Azumarill as Urshifu replacement. It's fairy typing being immune to dragon type moves. So it can setup on choice locked draco meteor on dragapult or lati@s

Thank you but I'll stick with ExSpeed because I don't like long battles that takes many turns, so I never put recovery moves on my team, lol.

I wanna ask you about my overall team, is having both Garchomp & Dragonite redundant? because they both share the same weakness as dragon type. I planning to change one of them with steel attacker, either garchomp with kartana or dragonite with scizor. How do you think?
I think having both Garchomp and Dragonite on the team is redundant since they both do the same thing. If I were you I would switch out Garchomp for Bisharp. Bisharp benefits greatly from Screens, giving it the extra bulk to set up more easily and sweep with Sucker Punch. The most notable thing about it tho is Defiant, being able to punish Defog is huge, it makes something like Corviknight think twice about going for Defog. It puts your opinion in a really sticky situation. Ether they go for Defog removing hazards and Screens but giving your Bisharp +2 or they don't Defog but Rocks and Screens stay up.
Here's the Bisharp set that I would recommend.
Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
Black Glasses gives your Dark type moves a 1.2 boost and since you're most of the time going to spam Sucker Punch its perfect for it. You can also go with Life Orb, it boosts all your attacks by 1.3 but you lose a bit of health every turn. Both are excellent options but I personally prefer Black Glasses because I don't want to chip myself every time I go for an attack but it's up to you what item you want to go with.

simp

early mornin’ wake ups
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If I were you, I'd change the :volcarona: set to something like this:
Volcarona (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
I feel this set gives you more bulk/time to setup, and is very useful when you may not have screens up. This could just be largely BO thing but i think this set works better as a win condition.

Volcarona (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
Thank you for your feedback but I think bug buzz is vital because it hit slowbro, lati@s, hydreigon, etc. and can hit something behind substitute

Optional Minor Change
Extreme Speed -> Roost
Roost is also an option for Longevity and so you can stay healthy throughout the match. You will also be able to recover up to Multiscale range so you can take hits more easily but both are good options. It just depends if you want the priority for faster revenge killers or you want to have more Longevity.
At least I got some good replay of roost dragonite : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1292725572-6v7a66oj2s8tbsfuwg7myi6nhp63rfepw

Note : I changed its nature from adamant to jolly

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Really loved this team, would add one small suggestion.

:landorus-therian:

Knock Off -> Swords Dance

This favours landorus's odds of grabbing a kill once it's set its rocks up, especially against opposing landorus leads, and makes most defoggers not safe of switching into it.

:landorus-therian:

Knock Off -> Swords Dance
Thank you for your suggestion, I already changed it since both Azumarill & Bisharp has knock off, no need for Lando to have it. It would be disadvantage for both if Lando knocked foe items first because their knock off damage will be reduced to 2/3

And I also changed Regieleki set to Adamant 96HP/252Atk/160Spe
This is my updated team : https://pokepast.es/280c2171239e84e8

This is the replay of Lando got free kill after Swords Dance : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1293470653-hh611t9stubgw0diqqzoxp0ojp34oqmpw

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
I've also experimented with running Giga Drain on Volcarona over Bug Buzz, the coverage is much more helpful against grounds and waters, and allows the team to not get walled by quagsire. It's also able to deal with non toxic blissey variants

Suggestion remove bisharp with garchomp. I'm not really with the sucker punch mind games.
Garchomp @ leftovers
-earthquake
-scale shot
-Stone edge
-sword atance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)