SS OU exploud and pangoro

This is my first time posting an RMT, and I hope i can get some advice with this exploud pangoro team that I built. I reached 1470 with this team and I hope to improve more.
So I wanted to build a team around specs exploud, a pretty strong boomburst abuser, the presence of spectrier and removal of urshifu also gives me more opportunities to switch in to wreck havoc.
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.29.31 PM.png

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Circle Throw
- Hydro Pump
Choice specs exploud can hit super hard, and once steel types are low/off the field I can just spam boomburst. Overheat helps me hit steel types super hard, and hydro pump allows me to hit heatran. I didn't go for focus blast since I didn't think the low accuracy was worth it. Besides, overheat and hydro pump already fulfilled the role of focus blast. I just added circle throw cause I thought it would be funny to circle throw a tyranitar/blissey switching in, most of the time I wouldn't use it.

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Scald
- Slack Off
Just the usual defensive slowbro set. I wanted a fighting resist so slowbro was the go to pick. It could also use teleport to slowly bring in exploud and pangoro, which was super useful considering that they aren't the bulkiest pokemon. I've been practicing with future sight a lot and I found it super useful, such as breaking spectrier subs. Was also super useful paired with pangoro, helping me 2ko clefables and murder pexs with future sight.

Urshifu-S (Pangoro) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Punch
This was originally single urshifu, but I was fed up with putting an urshifu check on all my teams so I just slapped a pangoro and waited for the ban to happen. Anyways, banded pangoro is one of the most threatening mons ever. knock off, gunk shot and bullet punch are some really good tools for a fighting type. the speed is to outspeed no speed magearnas. This thing has proven to be super strong and pairs well with exploud and future sight slowbro too, cleaning up steel types and blisseys for exploud. This monster helped me force out a lot of mons.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I really wanted a pokemon to switch into and threaten fairy types, especially magearna, so heatran just came into my mind. Spdef felt like the best set for the team. Sometimes heatran can also help trap some stall mons, which opens up for my other two breakers. Having heatran also gave me room to predict against opposing grass types like kartana and rillaboom, and not lose instantly, even though they do have fighting type moves.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Landorus was just a nice glue to the team. It gave my team some speed, something that I felt I needed. The set is pretty self explanatory. Landorus switches in to cinderace, can hit garchomp giving rillaboom a chance to revenge kill it, gave me an electric immunity, a revenge killer, and more.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Wood Hammer
I didn't want to get destroyed by tapu fini or slowbro after pangoro is gone, so I chose rillaboom. Its a really good revenge killer that also helps me against sand and rain. Heatran appreciates the passive recovery from the terrain as well. The usual set.

Threats:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.47.46 PM.png

There might be more, but here are 4 mons that I have trouble dealing with. Even though I have a heatran and pangoro, It is still super hard to switch in to specs kyurem and I always have to predict that move it uses. Fortunately, kyurem isn't the most common pokemon. It should be painfully obvious that my team gets absolutely obliterated by kartana and rillaboom, or those 2 partners in crime together. kartana can easily sacred sword my heatran, and once my heatran is gone leaf blade just kills all of my mons. Rillaboom is a similar situation but less hard to deal with. My team doesn't really have a reliable switch in to zapdos, and it can be really annoying. My team not having a toxic mon just makes it harder. Sometimes I just resort to electric baiting with slowbro and landorus, then killing it with stone edge, or just knock off + rocks + chipping it. Please do tell me if there are anymore threats.

EDIT: hydreigon is a massive threat that I find extremely difficult to deal with as well. Everything gets killed by earth power, dark pulse and draco meteor, and it never ends well.

Thank you for reading my RMT, and I hope I can improve upon posting this :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Consider running Max Speed Jolly on Pangoro. Getting outsped by Specs Magearna and opposing Heatran is just something that shouldn't happen.
Thanks, I'll try using it. What do u think i should change to stop kartana and hydreigon from slicing through my team?

Last edited:
for kartana maybe you could consider using flame body instead of flash fire on heatran. Losing a fire immunity isn't nice, but it does give you a 30% to cripple kartana beyond repair every time it hits your tran

Something that might also help against Kartana and Hydreigon is running drain punch instead of u-turn on rillaboom. While you lose momentum switches, the recovery and the super effective hits on some mons like kartana is worth considering.

Something that might also help against Kartana and Hydreigon is running drain punch instead of u-turn on rillaboom. While you lose momentum switches, the recovery and the super effective hits on some mons like kartana is worth considering.
That's true, but it still doesn't make rillaboom an effective check/switch in to any of those mons

There really is no perfect answer to that, as these mons are so powerful even their checks have a hard time switching in. Its best to figure out the set and play careful yet be willing to make sacrifices since most teams will revolve around these pokemon sweeping. For example, both of these mons (with the exception of defog/roost hydreigon) will either run choice variants or setup variants. Choice variants are scary, but once you figure out they are choiced you can better handle them, since you can scout the moves they're locked into and switch around. I recommend putting protect instead of taunt on heatran for this reason, as it allows you to scout the move an opponent uses while also racking up leftovers recovery. For example you can protect to see if kartana either uses leaf blade to predict a switch or sacred sword to kill heatran. Same with hydreigon, you can scout if he's gonna drop draco meteor for the switch, or earth power/dark pulse. Set-up sweepers are even scarier. Its best not to let these guys come in for free, and try and chip them as much as possible They usually wont come in late game since they can just destroy weakened teams, but the lack of a choice item makes them riskier to switch into, but also opens up the possibility for easier revenge killing. For example, if you run choice scarf instead of choice specs on exploud, or even choice scarf instead of choice band on pangoro, these mons can come in while the opponent is setting up, or after they've killed a teammate and revenge killed them. If you choose to do that you'll lose some power on your mons but have the benefit of scaring out these mons. either way these guys will always be a problem.

There really is no perfect answer to that, as these mons are so powerful even their checks have a hard time switching in. Its best to figure out the set and play careful yet be willing to make sacrifices since most teams will revolve around these pokemon sweeping. For example, both of these mons (with the exception of defog/roost hydreigon) will either run choice variants or setup variants. Choice variants are scary, but once you figure out they are choiced you can better handle them, since you can scout the moves they're locked into and switch around. I recommend putting protect instead of taunt on heatran for this reason, as it allows you to scout the move an opponent uses while also racking up leftovers recovery. For example you can protect to see if kartana either uses leaf blade to predict a switch or sacred sword to kill heatran. Same with hydreigon, you can scout if he's gonna drop draco meteor for the switch, or earth power/dark pulse. Set-up sweepers are even scarier. Its best not to let these guys come in for free, and try and chip them as much as possible They usually wont come in late game since they can just destroy weakened teams, but the lack of a choice item makes them riskier to switch into, but also opens up the possibility for easier revenge killing. For example, if you run choice scarf instead of choice specs on exploud, or even choice scarf instead of choice band on pangoro, these mons can come in while the opponent is setting up, or after they've killed a teammate and revenge killed them. If you choose to do that you'll lose some power on your mons but have the benefit of scaring out these mons. either way these guys will always be a problem.
thanks a lot! that should solve a lot of my problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)