- Great Special Attack
- STAB Hypervoice
- Scrappy, so no ghosts ruin his day
- Can take care of physical walls such as Weezing, Bastiodon, Misdreavus, Larion, Alomomola, Torkoal, etc.
- Decent Movepool
- Great on Baton Pass and Trick Room teams
- Crap speed
- bad defenses
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Surf
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Focus Blast / Ice Beam
item: Choice Specs / Life Orb
evs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
- Uses great SpA to hit walls for massive damage
- Scrappy means even ghost-types aren't safe from STAB Hyper Voice
- Surf hits Rock- and Ground-types harder
- Overheat hits steel-, grass-, and Ice-types hardest
- Focus Blast is mainly for Normal-types, dark-types, and lapras, but ice beam can be used to hit Altaria
- Choice Specs provide more power, life orb can be used for freedom to switch moves but power drop is highly noticable, missing out on KO's on Ludicolo, Machoke, Sawk (needs spikes for specs KO on switch-in), Misdreavus (if SR is up can KO on switch-in), and others.
- EVs allow Exploud to outspeed neutral-natured base 70s such as ludicolo (outside of rain, obviously), along with some pokemon such as Flareon, seismitoad (again, w/o rain), and Lapras. SpA is maxed out FOR MAXIMUM POWER and the rest is put in health to slightly increase bulk.
- Fire Blast could be replaced with Overheat if you don't mind the SpA drop.
- Good teammates are ones that appreciate the removal of physical walls, so pokemon like Primape, Golurk, and Samurott are good choices. Fighting-types such as Sawk enjoy the removal of physical walls such as misdreavus and weezing.
- Misdreavus is another good partner, as it can switch in on fighting-type attacks aimed at Exploud, and can burn them. Misdreavus can also spinblock, so that spikes and SR aren't taken away.
- Exploud really apreciates entry hazards to score some extra kills. Spikes is arguably more useful thank SR, as it lets Exploud score KO's on Golurk, Bastiodon, Alomomola, and others on the switch in. SR is still useful for taking out Misdreavus and Torkoal. Scoliopede and Roselia are good Spikers, while bulky pokemon such as Golurk and Seismitoad are good for setting up SR. Scoliopede in particular appreciates Exploud's wallbreaking skills.
- Fairly decent movepool, with stuff like Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Solarbeam, but options listed are usually the best.
- Expert Belt could be used to bluff choice, but the power drop is highly noticable
- Soundproof gives it a great place on baton pass teams, as it can't be stopped by roar or perish song, but otherwise Exploud really doesn't have to worry about these moves.
- Taunt can be used to stop pokemon from setting up on Exploud
- Also great on Trick Room teams as he can break the walls that they generally have trouble with.
[Checks and Counters]
- Fast, strong pokemon such as Primeape, Braviary, and Jynx can easily revenge kill it.
- Fighting-types in general are great counters, although they can't always switch in easily.
- If using Focus Blast, Specs Altaria can counter, if using Ice beam, Lapras, Lickilicky and Miltank can stop Exploud cold.