Pokémon Exploud

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would generally be the most beneficial EV spread for a Modest Exploud, focus on HP or Speed? Looking at some old analysis' 188 Speed EV's would beat positive natured base 50's but is that even relevant now? Of course there won't be a definite answer until the meta shifts but I'd just like to have an outside opinion other than the OP before EV-training this Modest Exploud I just bred.

What would generally be the most beneficial EV spread for a Modest Exploud, focus on HP or Speed? Looking at some old analysis' 188 Speed EV's would beat positive natured base 50's but is that even relevant now? Of course there won't be a definite answer until the meta shifts but I'd just like to have an outside opinion other than the OP before EV-training this Modest Exploud I just bred.
I dont think anyone is running positive nature 50s

I dont think anyone is running positive nature 50s
Lol Guess so. What ever I'll just go max HP, it'll be a wall breaker anyway.
I just had a battle on Showdown where this build did help me switch on a wall Pokemon's attack so yeah. By the way, Boomburst is supposed to hit through subs right? Not the case on showdown.

Lol Guess so. What ever I'll just go max HP, it'll be a wall breaker anyway.
I just had a battle on Showdown where this build did help me switch on a wall Pokemon's attack so yeah. By the way, Boomburst is supposed to hit through subs right? Not the case on showdown.
Showdown is buggy as fuck right now

Showdown is buggy as fuck right now
Give it some time, this is still a beta period :P

As for Exploud and his speed, wouldn't the Gen 5 "standard" spread of 188 EVs there with a positive nature be alright? Or maybe 252 with a neutral, so it outspeeds walls?

Give it some time, this is still a beta period :P

As for Exploud and his speed, wouldn't the Gen 5 "standard" spread of 188 EVs there with a positive nature be alright? Or maybe 252 with a neutral, so it outspeeds walls?
Why outspeed walls? If they outspeed and sub that only helps you

I just wanna say, I've faced an Exploud or two and it was incredibly underwhelming. Boomburst was really strong even on resisted mons (I wasn't running a Ghost on the team in question), but it went down super easily too. Honestly, I don't think all the Boomburst hype makes it worth using, at least in OU.

Why outspeed walls? If they outspeed and sub that only helps you
Well, my point of view is that walls generally won't be usin substitute that much, xcept maybe some boostin ones. Subs are usually expected on pokes that can force a switch, so to ease prediction, prevent revenge killin, and set up. But either way, even if you'd outspeed a wall that, say, uses substitute, and said wall uses it, it still lost 25% in vain. (Then again, doubt anythin would try to substitute in front of this guy.)

HP Lets you live hits to kill offensive mons, what benefit does outspeeding a wall have?

I mean you might be able to outspeed brave aegislash (not sure if you can do adamant tyranitar creep), thats about it

HP Lets you live hits to kill offensive mons, what benefit does outspeeding a wall have?

I mean you might be able to outspeed brave aegislash (not sure if you can do adamant tyranitar creep), thats about it
I don't expect Exploud to be used successfully to the OU tier imo, I was talkin about lower tiers. But, you do have a valid point. Tho I think this still needs some research to see the sweet-spot of bulk/minimum speed that will be needed.

I've been doing some testing on wifi and Exploud- unfortunately has been a little underwhelming. I was expecting something that would be a possible OU candidate, although most likely high end UU.. I think he'll probably become a UU, but not a top pick for that tier.

Some points I will make however-

-With 252hp/252 SAtk he's surprisingly bulky, he can go toe to toe with most weakened pokemon thanks to that.
-Item choice is actually hard on him, Life Orb is probably my #1 atm, although both Assault Vest and Choice Specs provide some useful options.
-If he had any resistances he'd be so much better, even with an Ass Vest he's not easily switched in, which is a pain- saying this however not much will want to switch in to him either.
-Bulldoze provides an interesting option, I've been using it in my filler 4th slot (over Ice Beam) and it allows him some added utility.

Food for thought.

my best guess for exploud would be

Modest
life orb/choice specs
scrappy
102hp,252 spa,154 speed
Boom burst
Surf
Fire blast
Focus blast

With 154 speed evs it ouspeeds up to base 86 speed uninvested so you dont have to take a hit from most walls
the rest is just easy to see why is there.

Does it hit hard enough with timid choice scarf? Sorry for a bit unsubstantial post
Unfortunately we don't know in which tier it will end, but considering his stats and defenses, I put him against one of the classic RU walls; Amoonguss

Choice Scarf 252 SpA Exploud Boom Burst vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Amoonguss: 256-303 (59.25 - 70.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Exploud Boom Burst vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Amoonguss: 367-433 (84.95 - 100.23%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boom Burst vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Amoonguss: 423-498 (97.91 - 115.27%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

So, yeah, it's a heavy loss of power.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This OP is exceptionally hard to read + follow, and this belongs in the old mon discussion thread anyway. Locking,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)