Ubers Extreme Killer Arceus

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Arceus @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute / Earthquake

While not as influential as it was in ORAS due to the introduction of Pokemon such as Marshadow, Celesteela, and Zygarde-C, Arceus is still a capable sweeper thanks to its access to Swords Dance + Extreme Speed. It prefers to run a bulkier EV spread than in ORAS as well as Substitute to make setting up easier against defensive staples like Celesteela and Giratina that struggle to break its Substitute. Arceus is most effective as a late-game cleaner that prefers checks such as Ferrothorn gone, but it can also be used to pick off weakened sweepers like Xerneas. Marshadow particularly can be an issue if Arceus is slightly weakened and is not holding a Chople Berry, so teammates like Yveltal and Xerneas can be useful to check it. Arceus works nicely on offensive teams as a cleaner and because it prevents the use of other Arceus formes such as Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Fairy that are often more defensively inclined. Marshadow is also a good teammate because it takes on the Steel-types that resist Extreme Speed such as Mega Lucario and Ferrothorn. As with any sweeper, Stealth Rock support from the likes of Primal Groudon is useful to weaken checks.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
CKW left the QC Team, so I will step in and I apologise this got left so long as QC got busy irl on top of other things .

It prefers to run a bulkier EV spread than in ORAS to make setting up easier and sponge hits from the likes of Marshadow. Arceus is most effective as a late-game cleaner that prefers checks such as Ferrothorn gone, but it can also be used to pick off weakened sweepers like Xerneas. Marshadow particularly can be an issue if Arceus is slightly weakened and not holding a Chople Berry, so teammates like Yveltal and Mega Salamence can be useful to check it.
I don't like how this reads, it absolutely cannot sponge hits from Marshadow at all, it only survives if it's Chople berry and leftovers is mostly the item of choice. The idea of the bulkier spread is so it can use passive Pokemon such as Celesteela, Giratina-A and Defensive Zygarde-C as set up fodder as their attacks fail to break sub.

Add Xerneas as a team partner for Marshadow checks, Salamence isn't a strong of a check because of HP Ice.

rewrite it to reflect these changes and tag me and I will stamp it immediately.

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
CKW left the QC Team, so I will step in and I apologise this got left so long as QC got busy irl on top of other things .

I don't like how this reads, it absolutely cannot sponge hits from Marshadow at all, it only survives if it's Chople berry and leftovers is mostly the item of choice. The idea of the bulkier spread is so it can use passive Pokemon such as Celesteela, Giratina-A and Defensive Zygarde-C as set up fodder as their attacks fail to break sub.

Add Xerneas as a team partner for Marshadow checks, Salamence isn't a strong of a check because of HP Ice.

rewrite it to reflect these changes and tag me and I will stamp it immediately.
done, also added something about it running sub in sm which it didnt in oras

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Arceus @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute / Earthquake

While not as influential as it was in ORAS thanks due (this is subjective but "thanks" generally has a positive connotation with it and this is kinda worded as a hindrance) to the introduction of Pokemon such as Marshadow, Celesteela, and Zygarde-C, Arceus is still a capable sweeper thanks to its access to Swords Dance + Extreme Speed (you can also just say "...thanks to its Extreme Killer set." because that's what this set is coined as, up to you). It prefers to run a bulkier EV spread than in ORAS as well as Substitute to make setting up easier against defensive staples like Celesteela and Giratina that struggle to break its Substitute. Arceus is most effective as a late-game cleaner that prefers checks such as Ferrothorn gone, but it can also be used to pick off weakened sweepers like Xerneas. Marshadow particularly can be an issue if Arceus is slightly weakened and is not holding a Chople Berry, so teammates like Yveltal and Xerneas can be useful to check it. Arceus works nicely on offensive teams as a cleaner and also because it prevents the use of other Arceus formes such as Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Fairy that are often more defensively inclined too. Marshadow is also a good teammate because it takes on the Steel-types that resist Extreme Speed such as Mega Lucario and Ferrothorn. As with any sweeper, Stealth Rock support from the likes of Primal Groudon is useful to weaken checks.
GP 1/1 nice job, some sentences sound kind of run-on but nothing objectively wrong

lotiasite

undedgy
done thanks, just removed the also. Didnt change to extreme killer bc this is for fb so people might not know what that means. Thanks everyone for helping finish this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)