ORAS OU Eye of the Tiger

The Tiger loves the fight, makes it stronger. The base is take the hit and strike with greater force. I can do this with a good solid team full of both good offensive synergies but also defensive ones. This is a machine that can crush the opponent providing also a fluid and funny play. The game is really offensive, the team is very fast and the Volturn combo combined with great attacks and amazing types can be very dangerous.

I started the team with a nice offensive core formed by Manectric and Scarf Landorus-T that work together with an amazing Volturn combo to help each other. Landorus is a nice answer to Manectric's problems cause it can deal with Tyranitar and is a real pain in the ass for Eviolite Chansey thanks to its Knock Off. On the other hand Manectric can take care of annoying threats for Landorus-T such as Slowbro or Ferrothorn.

Then I added immediatly Latias to give the team more survivability thanks to Defog that's really great in Volturn teams. He also may be a good answer to Venusaur which is a little problem for Manectric+Landorus-T.

Now Entry Hazards support is crucial so I added Heatran for Stealth Rock setting. I opted for an offensive Taunt set for stopping annoying recovery moves and to prevent slower defog.

After that I wanted to add a good sponge for numerous attacks during the match.I chose Ferrothron that allows me to stop various Physical attackers, but also can set Spikes that may be really helpful for Manectric.

In the last, I needed a really good cleaner, the offensive terminal for this team. On suggestion of my friend MisterBobobo I chose Keldeo for its incredible versatility as Calm Mind sweeper that may be a real nightmare for opposing team with the support behind him.

Landorus-T is one of the two stars of the team. Its incredible Attack may be really dangerous with a Scarf equipped. It works both as a Physical sponge and as a good Physical sweeper. Its versatility allows to Volturn combo an incredible fluidity and offensive pressure. Earthquake is the main STAB. Knock Off is relly useful against Eviolite Chansey and more generally to weaken opposing team. Stone Edge is useful against Charizard and in particular situations. U-Turn is the mother of this set.

Manectric is not the most common and unstoppable threat in ORAS metagame but its incredible speed, good Special Attack and nice movepool can turn it into a nightmare with the right support from other members. Particurarly with Landorus-T he forms an amazing Volturn combo that allows to Manectric to come in on Landorus counters with U-Turn and force them to switch, taking advantage thanks to Volt Switch. Morevover the double Intimidate with Landorus-T works great in this team. The moveset is simple: Thunderbolt as main STAB, Overeath for Ferrothorn, Hidden Power [Ice] for Gliscor and Landorus-t and Volt Switch for obvious reasons.

Latias is a very good supporter in this team thanks to its ability to remove Entry Hazards, making Volturn more fluid. It can take care of Venusaur which stops both Manectric and Landorus and is also a good switch-in against Rotom-W. Draco Meteor is the main STAB scattering painful shots everywhere. Psyshock is the other STAB move, useful to destroy Conkeldurr and Keldeo. Finally I opted for Roost cause Latias needs to Defog various times in a match so it needs more survivability.

Heatran is a nice weapon in this team. I chose an Air Balloon set with Stealth Rock and Taunt. He has the ability to set Rocks against Ferrothron or Blissey and prevent them to set their hazards or status. Rocks are really helpful for Manectric and the rest of the team so Heatran must be preserved carefully. For the offensive slots I chose Fire Blast as main STAB and Earth Power to deal with the others Heatran. I gave up Flashcannon, which is often useful against annoying Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefable or Sylveon, cause Hetran can take care of them with Taunt.

Ferrothron is the emblem of versatility. Its ability to set Spikes is a really incredible gift for an offensive team. It is my answer against most of common threats in OU metagame such as Landorus-t, Azumarill or Metagross. Leech Seed is really useful in Volturn Teams and are a great option to help Latias for recovery and sometimes may help Keldeo for Calm Mind setup. Gyro Ball is good to hit Fairy-types and Power Whip is a good STAB to hit Water Pokemon.

My last Pokemon, Keldeo, is an incredible finalizer for the team. Volturn combo, Entry Hazards and scattering damages may create an amazing setup field for it. Moreover its incredible STABs, consisting of Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, are really awesome. Secret Sword makes it the only Special Attacker that can deal with Chansey and Hydro Pump after a Calm Mind is really dangerous in Late-game phases. Calm Mind is really useful in a team like that. For the last slot I opted for Hidden Power [Flying] for more damage against Venusaur and for good neutral damage.

Gallade: With its Mega Stone Gallade may be a great problem for this team. Its incredible speed combined with ridicolous Attack are really painful for this team. Moreover it gained a good bulkiness so my only option to beat it is to weaken it with random damages and finish with more fast sweepers.
Cosmic Power Clefable:
This guy is really a shit. It is the emblem of annoying play and a way to force the opponent to surrend. I hate him. I must stop it immediatly when it comes out and preserve Heatran. Leave freedom to it means that i needs to Crit.

In conclusion this is a team that i think could be a good team, using the offensive philosophy of ORAS balancing with a nice solidity. I accept every constructive critic and I hope you could help me. Below there is the "Export to Text" if someone is interested to testing it and find better solutions. Thanks for the attention.

Credits for graphic belong to MisterBobobo

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Last edited:
What KOs do you get on Heatran for running Fire Blast over Lava Plume? 30% burn chance baby.
Also, if Cosmic Power is an issue why not fit Roar on Heatran or Latias? Looks fine outside of that.

I don't agree with the change Flamethower > Overheat. Overheat allows To OHKO Ferrothorn and Excadril. I don't think the change the power of HP Ice changes a lot of things too.

Just a few small changes:

First off, changing Overheat for Flamethrower, as I do not think that Overheat gets that many more KO's, and preserving your special attack could be very important.

Another change would be Healing Wish over Roost on Latias: Since your team is not that weak to hazards in general (Stealth Rock) having Healing Wish to bring someone back, as the rest of your team lacks recovery.

And since Mega-Venusaur is not that common anymore, maybe switch up HP Flying for Icy Wind, HP Ice, just to hit Latias/Latios a bit harder, as the hard wall you without those moves. (Any other HP would also work, like HP Ghost)

I chose Overeath on Manectric for killing Excadrill with Entry Hazards on the field and for more spamming power in general. Healing Wish is a cool option (specially in a volturn team) that i tried before, but longevity is important for Latias cause it must use defog many times allowing the team to volturn and switch easily. Healing Wish may be also better and interesting than Roost but when I play I find really difficult its use. The option for Keldeo is ok, but i must switch anyway if Latios or Latias comes out for the Psyshock and Venusaur in a stall team is really annoiyng for Manectric and Landorus so i need to kill him quickly, so I think Hidden Power [Flying] is more useful.

What KOs do you get on Heatran for running Fire Blast over Lava Plume? 30% burn chance baby.
Also, if Cosmic Power is an issue why not fit Roar on Heatran or Latias? Looks fine outside of that.
Yeah Roar on Heatran is cool, but which move i could replace?

Now this here is a pretty fine team. Although if you're running an offensive Heatran, Fire Blast is a must. Lava Plume has its uses on the majority of Heatran, which are defensive variants, but if you're going to throw Heatran's most powerful and spammable offensive move down the drain, please, just make it a specially defensive variant. And unless you intend to do so, don't run Roar on it. Your offensive Heatran requires all of its current moves to function as it needs to on your team. Additionally, as Heatran is often a switch and/or check to Heatran, I would strongly recommend moving 12 EV's into Speed. Unless those 244 EVs ARE Speed. (Note: Spe = Speed; SpD = Special Defense.)

Regarding your Keldeo; if you intend to use it as a late-game sweeper, Choice Scarf would do it much more good than Leftovers can. In fact, Leftovers is a terrible, counterintuitive item for late-game sweepers in general. And if being locked into a move isn't your cup of tea, well, then Expert Belt it the best alternative. Also, instead of putting HP Ice on your Keldeo, as others above me have suggested, please use Icy Wind. It's a little less powerful, but the ability to slow down certain predicted pokes as they switch in is very useful, especially for the Expert Belt user. I would note that Keldeo shouldn't generally be staying in to attack M-Venu anyway. I mean, it's kind of walled, even with HP Flying.

So, yeah. That's my two cents.

Now this here is a pretty fine team. Although if you're running an offensive Heatran, Fire Blast is a must. Lava Plume has its uses on the majority of Heatran, which are defensive variants, but if you're going to throw Heatran's most powerful and spammable offensive move down the drain, please, just make it a specially defensive variant. And unless you intend to do so, don't run Roar on it. Your offensive Heatran requires all of its current moves to function as it needs to on your team. Additionally, as Heatran is often a switch and/or check to Heatran, I would strongly recommend moving 12 EV's into Speed. Unless those 244 EVs ARE Speed. (Note: Spe = Speed; SpD = Special Defense.)

Regarding your Keldeo; if you intend to use it as a late-game sweeper, Choice Scarf would do it much more good than Leftovers can. In fact, Leftovers is a terrible, counterintuitive item for late-game sweepers in general. And if being locked into a move isn't your cup of tea, well, then Expert Belt it the best alternative. Also, instead of putting HP Ice on your Keldeo, as others above me have suggested, please use Icy Wind. It's a little less powerful, but the ability to slow down certain predicted pokes as they switch in is very useful, especially for the Expert Belt user. I would note that Keldeo shouldn't generally be staying in to attack M-Venu anyway. I mean, it's kind of walled, even with HP Flying.

So, yeah. That's my two cents.
Thanks for suggestions. I may turn heatran in a Specially Defensive set allowing to use Lava Plume and Roar, removing Taunt, but i need Earth Power for others Heatran and I think Protect is really useful for defensive variants so I'm undecided for the set. For Keldeo it's okay if I use a Calm Mind Expert Belt attacker with the same set to deal more damages on Venusaur? Or I may use an Expert Belt variant with both HP Flying and Icy Wind for more versatility to killing Dragonite or others, but I think that without Calm Mind both the two moves are really little powerful... With Calm Mind and Expert Belt I could damage Venusaur heaviliy with HP Flying and use powerful STAB moves against the rest. What do you think about this?

This is just my personal preference, so feel free to disagree, but I tthink running two hazard setters is abit redundant. Personally I would run both Stealth rocks and spikes on ferrothorn if you want to run both and if you dont want to I would recommend running either Protect or Thunderwave>Power whip. Your team has enough coverage against ground and water anyways and Protect really helps you get more recovery. I hope I've helped somewhat and that my suggestions are good, but yeah Ferrothorn doesn't really Power whip imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)