SM OU Fabled Euphoria (Happy Hour Jirachi, Peaked 1801)

Fabled Euphoria

jirachi.gif
heatran.gif
Tapu Bulu.gif
zygarde.gif
zapdos.gif
greninja.gif

*A feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness*
~Introduction
Introducing Fabled Euphoria, an offensive team based around Z-Happy Hour Jirachi. Z moves have brought a multitude of different sets to life, making some Pokemon more viable in the OU metagame, some less viable and some Pokemon obtain 'niche' strategies. Z-Happy Hour Jirachi is one of these niche sets that I've always had a thing for ever since I saw it occasionally in the ladder during the early stages of SM until recently it has fallen off almost completely. This team was an attempt at bringing this 'niche' strategy back into the spotlight.​

~Teambuilding Process
jirachi.png

First of all, it isn't a Z-Happy Hour Jirachi team without Jirachi. A +1 in every stat + 60% chance flinch STAB Iron Head sounds quite threatening on paper, however it would need some team support in order to be most effective.
jirachi.png
heatran.png

For my second 'mon, I decided I needed a bulky water lure and something to threaten steel types. Heatran seemed like the perfect fit, taking fire type hits along with it for jirachi, roasting steel types and luring in water types which I'll get to later on.
jirachi.png
heatran.png
Bulu.png

With this double steel core both being extremely weak to ground types and Ash-Greninja, I needed something that could deal with those. Tapu Bulu was the perfect fit, halfing EQ damage, resisting ground type moves, resisting both of Greninja's STABs and providing residual healing to both Jirachi and Heatran.
jirachi.png
heatran.png
Bulu.png
zygarde.png

Looking back at the team, Tapu Koko seemed to run rampent. Being faster than everything with the ability to Volt Switch on everything could be troublesome. I also needed a strong physical wallbreaker to help Jirachi. Zygarde suited this role, being immune to electric types moves and providing strong physical wallbreaking power w/ a Choice Band. It also helped chip mons such as Landorus-T and Zapdos who gave Jirachi a hard time.
jirachi.png
heatran.png
Bulu.png
zygarde.png
zapdos.png

For the 5th spot, I didn't have any hazard control what-so-ever. Hawlucha also seemed to be a huge problem. Zapdos here walls non-Stone Edge Hawlucha completely, has access to Defog and is immune to ground type moves, being a useful switch in for moves that threaten Jirachi and Heatran.
jirachi.png
heatran.png
Bulu.png
zygarde.png
zapdos.png
greninja.png

Two glaring weaknesses could be seen with the team I had currently constructed; no Hazards and Volcarona. A setup Volcarona instantly won and lack of hazards meant pressuring common switch ins would prove difficult. While Greninja doesn't have access to Stealth Rock, with a Choice Scarf it can outspeed +1 Volcarona and OHKO with Rock Slide, stack hazards with Spikes and provide momentum with U-Turn.​

~In-Depth Analysis
jirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

- Fire Punch

Through some trial and error, this seemed to be the set I'd go with. Happy Hour and Iron Head are standard; setup move and best STAB respectively. Zen Headbutt is used as I didn't find myself clicking Ice Punch as I wouldn't be setting up with Landorus-T still up on the opponents side and with all 3 moves being resisted by a Fire Type or Water type, it just seemed too risky, so I went with it for the strong secondary stab, neutrality against Fire & Water and extra chance to flinch. Fire Punch is there to help get rid of Scizor and Ferrothorn, who wouldn't stay in on a Heatran at all (Unless the very rare Choice Scarfed Superpower Scizor came out).

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

The Water - Lure himself, Heatran. The combination of Magma Storm, Earth Power, Power Herb Solarbeam and Taunt allowed me to either heavily chip or KO the likes of Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Rotom-W, Gastrodon and Alomomola. Due to the Z-item being reserved for Jirachi, this made both mons unpredictable from Team Preview. While on paper I was scepticle, through practice and calcs it pulled through and through some use of the next 'mon, it could be a powerful nuke. Heatran is also shiny in order to hide the Z Jirachi set as Happy Hour can only be run on Shiny Jirachi.

Tapu Fini
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 65-77 (18.9 - 22.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO 1 layer of Spikes, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
(On 81% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 210-248 (61.2 - 72.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
or
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 316-372 (92.1 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

Toxapex
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 46-54 (15.1 - 17.8%) -- 4.4% chance to 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes, Black Sludge recovery, and trapping damage
(On 85% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 112-132 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Black Sludge recovery

Rotom-Wash
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 77-91 (25.4 - 30%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
(On 75% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 248-292 (81.8 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gastrodon
(Seriously? What, you think Solarbeam won't OHKO? Fine)
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 428-508 (100.7 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(There, happy now?)

Alomomola
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 102-120 (21.2 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
(On 79% due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 328-386 (68.1 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
or
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola in Grassy Terrain: 490-578 (101.8 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tapu Bulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer

- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Assault Vest Tapu Bulu provides a resistance to ground, switch in to Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko, residual healing to Heatran + Jirachi and a boost to Solarbeam. This is the standard AV set, providing switches to common metagame threats. The combination of Superpower + Nature's Madness also helps take on Chansey, who can shrug off Heatran due to the lack of Toxic. Stone Edge was considered however I abandoned the idea after the addition of the next 'mon.

zygarde.gif

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Another standard set, Zygarde is a useful addiction to the team. Pressuring mons such as Landorus-T and Zapdos from continuously switching in helps Jirachi's chances of sweeping late game. The standard set works fine, providing strong priority the team lacked and Toxic to cripple the previously mentioned common switch ins.

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Yet another standard set, however it works so well I couldn't pass off the offer. It provides the perfect switch in to Hawlucha who threatens the entirety of the team, provides a safe switch in to non-Rockium Z Landorus-T after Zygarde has clicked Thousand Arrows or Toxic and provides reliable Defog support the team lacked. Hidden Power Ice is used over Heat Wave to cripple Landorus-T more so and Heat Wave isn't neccessary considering Fire Punch on Jirachi and Heatran. Same as with Heatran, it's shiny to hide the Happy Hour set.

greninja.gif

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- U-turn

- Rock Slide

Protean Greninja finishes the Fire-Grass-Water trio while providing speed, momentum and a form of hazards. Rock Slide and Choice scarf is needed to cover Volcarona, U-Turn is there to provide momentum for Zygarde and Heatran while Ice Beam is a useful strong STAB attack. Toxic Spikes has been considered however the threat of Volcarona and lack of pressuring grounded steel mons provided more useful. Again, shiny to hide Happy Hour on Jirachi.

~Importable
Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
~Threats
suicune.png

This was the one reason I considered Toxic Spikes on Greninja. Substitute blocks Magma Storm, Protect scouts the single turn Solarbeam, Calm Mind up and Heatran does nothing. Even without any of that, Solarbeam only does a little over 50%. To remove this, Tapu Bulu has to be around to at least pressure and force it out while Greninja stacks Spikes. Or a heavily predicted Toxic from Zygarde will do the job if it doesn't have rest.

kyurem-black.png
mamoswine.png
weavile.png

Kyurem-B is less threatening due to Jirachi outspeeding it and always forcing it out, however Mamoswine and Weavile prove to be huge problems. The current defensive core of Tapu Bulu and Zapdos are both weak to ice and are slower than these 3 mons. Zapdos can't defog on Rocks Mamoswine and Weavile's speed proves to be a problem for Jirachi. Depending on whether or not the opponent also has a bulky water, Heatran can be used to Solarbeam Mamoswine early to hopefully figure out it's faster or risk Magma Storm on Weavile once it knocks off your Power Herb (252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 213-252 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Othertimes, Its hiding the Protean Greninja and using it as an Ash-Gren to force them out or setting up with Jirachi while they arn't out.

charizard-mega-y.png

This thing can also get quite annoying. Hitting Heatran, Tapu Bulu and Zapdos hard with Focus Blast on Heatran and Fire Blast on Bulu and Zapdos. Rock Slide Greninja always forces it out while Zygarde and Setup Jirachi can threaten it.
~Considerations
greninja.png

I have thought about changing this guy to Ash-Greninja, however the need for Rock Slide and U-turn is pretty important. I've also thought about replacing Ice Beam with Scald but then I feel as if grass types like Tangrowth and Bulu might be harder to handle considering I've already dropped Gunk Shot and Heatran would be weak after luring the respective water type and being weak to Earthquake and Superpower. Let me know what you think in a reply.

heatran.png

This would be the only way (Without switching the 'mons around) to fit Stealth Rock on the team. Removing Solarbeam would ruin the idea of luring water types while lacking Earth Power and Taunt will make it hard to deal with Toxapex and Balance respectively. Not sure about this one but Stealth Rock would be helpful for Zapdos and Landorus-T pressure.
~Peak on Ladder
rank 1.PNG
~Conclusion
I've loved using this team since the start and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did if you give it a shot. I appreciate your time if you made it this far and any feedback provided below would be amazing. Feel free to challenge me on Showdown as either 'iudhfgds' or 'iud' if you see me around!

(It's a banger of a song too hey?)

Last edited:
25th October 2018
While the meta has developed drastically since the post of this team, through my experiences it still lives up to this day. There has been one change to the team I'd like to address.

As addressed in the original post, Landorus-t is a key mon to get rid of for Jirachi to sweep. Zapdos is the destined switchin, however some sets have increased in popularity. Scarf Lando has seen a rise in usage since then, with Explosion and Stone Edge being seen significant usage. While this may be threatening, I feel as though changing the team to focus against this set in particular isn't optimal as Zapdos can still handle each move 'decently'.

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 192-226 (50.1 - 59%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 238-281 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zapdos lives from explosion at full after stealth rocks whilst a Stone Edge requires roost spam followed by a free zygarde switch.

Scarf Lando-T also loves spamming U-Turn. As a way of punishing this further due to the lack of Stealth Rocks on the team, I've included this change.

Zapdos @ Leftovers Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:
Just been playing around with your team and I have a few basic suggestions:
1. Make Zygarde shiny
2. Make Greninja not shiny and male to bluff battle bond initially

Just been playing around with your team and I have a few basic suggestions:
1. Make Zygarde shiny
2. Make Greninja not shiny and male to bluff battle bond initially
Nice suggestions, thank you very much !

Your team is great but i have one suggestion: change zygarde's toxic to iron tail so you can kill some fairy. And sorry for my bad english
I have considered it, however keeping in mind jirachi is my main wincon, fairy's arn't neccessarily going to be a problem. I feel as though toxic is far more useful for punishing walls such as tangrowth, defensive bulu and lando t. Either way, I appreciate the suggestion :D

SilverNote3

formerly the chosen nerd
Fabled Euphoria

~Introduction
Introducing Fabled Euphoria, an offensive team based around Z-Happy Hour Jirachi. Z moves have brought a multitude of different sets to life, making some Pokemon more viable in the OU metagame, some less viable and some Pokemon obtain 'niche' strategies. Z-Happy Hour Jirachi is one of these niche sets that I've always had a thing for ever since I saw it occasionally in the ladder during the early stages of SM until recently it has fallen off almost completely. This team was an attempt at bringing this 'niche' strategy back into the spotlight.​

~Teambuilding Process
View attachment 118580
First of all, it isn't a Z-Happy Hour Jirachi team without Jirachi. A +1 in every stat + 60% chance flinch STAB Iron Head sounds quite threatening on paper, however it would need some team support in order to be most effective.
View attachment 118581View attachment 118582
For my second 'mon, I decided I needed a bulky water lure and something to threaten steel types. Heatran seemed like the perfect fit, taking fire type hits along with it for jirachi, roasting steel types and luring in water types which I'll get to later on.
View attachment 118583View attachment 118584View attachment 118585
With this double steel core both being extremely weak to ground types and Ash-Greninja, I needed something that could deal with those. Tapu Bulu was the perfect fit, halfing EQ damage, resisting ground type moves, resisting both of Greninja's STABs and providing residual healing to both Jirachi and Heatran.
View attachment 118583View attachment 118584View attachment 118585View attachment 118586
Looking back at the team, Tapu Koko seemed to run rampent. Being faster than everything with the ability to Volt Switch on everything could be troublesome. I also needed a strong physical wallbreaker to help Jirachi. Zygarde suited this role, being immune to electric types moves and providing strong physical wallbreaking power w/ a Choice Band. It also helped chip mons such as Landorus-T and Zapdos who gave Jirachi a hard time.
View attachment 118583View attachment 118584View attachment 118585View attachment 118586View attachment 118587
For the 5th spot, I didn't have any hazard control what-so-ever. Hawlucha also seemed to be a huge problem. Zapdos here walls non-Stone Edge Hawlucha completely, has access to Defog and is immune to ground type moves, being a useful switch in for moves that threaten Jirachi and Heatran.
View attachment 118583View attachment 118584View attachment 118585View attachment 118586View attachment 118587View attachment 118588
Two glaring weaknesses could be seen with the team I had currently constructed; no Hazards and Volcarona. A setup Volcarona instantly won and lack of hazards meant pressuring common switch ins would prove difficult. While Greninja doesn't have access to Stealth Rock, with a Choice Scarf it can outspeed +1 Volcarona and OHKO with Rock Slide, stack hazards with Spikes and provide momentum with U-Turn.​

~In-Depth Analysis
View attachment 118590
Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

- Fire Punch

Through some trial and error, this seemed to be the set I'd go with. Happy Hour and Iron Head are standard; setup move and best STAB respectively. Zen Headbutt is used as I didn't find myself clicking Ice Punch as I wouldn't be setting up with Landorus-T still up on the opponents side and with all 3 moves being resisted by a Fire Type or Water type, it just seemed too risky, so I went with it for the strong secondary stab, neutrality against Fire & Water and extra chance to flinch. Fire Punch is there to help get rid of Scizor and Ferrothorn, who wouldn't stay in on a Heatran at all (Unless the very rare Choice Scarfed Superpower Scizor came out).

View attachment 118591
Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

The Water - Lure himself, Heatran. The combination of Magma Storm, Earth Power, Power Herb Solarbeam and Taunt allowed me to either heavily chip or KO the likes of Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Rotom-W, Gastrodon and Alomomola. Due to the Z-item being reserved for Jirachi, this made both mons unpredictable from Team Preview. While on paper I was scepticle, through practice and calcs it pulled through and through some use of the next 'mon, it could be a powerful nuke. Heatran is also shiny in order to hide the Z Jirachi set as Happy Hour can only be run on Shiny Jirachi.

Tapu Fini
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 65-77 (18.9 - 22.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO 1 layer of Spikes, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
(On 81% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 210-248 (61.2 - 72.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
or
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 316-372 (92.1 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

Toxapex
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 46-54 (15.1 - 17.8%) -- 4.4% chance to 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes, Black Sludge recovery, and trapping damage
(On 85% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 112-132 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Black Sludge recovery

Rotom-Wash
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 77-91 (25.4 - 30%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
(On 75% HP due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 248-292 (81.8 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gastrodon
(Seriously? What, you think Solarbeam won't OHKO? Fine)
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 428-508 (100.7 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(There, happy now?)

Alomomola
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 102-120 (21.2 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage
(On 79% due to Magma Storm) 252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 328-386 (68.1 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
or
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola in Grassy Terrain: 490-578 (101.8 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

View attachment 118593
Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer

- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Assault Vest Tapu Bulu provides a resistance to ground, switch in to Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko, residual healing to Heatran + Jirachi and a boost to Solarbeam. This is the standard AV set, providing switches to common metagame threats. The combination of Superpower + Nature's Madness also helps take on Chansey, who can shrug off Heatran due to the lack of Toxic. Stone Edge was considered however I abandoned the idea after the addition of the next 'mon.

View attachment 118594
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Another standard set, Zygarde is a useful addiction to the team. Pressuring mons such as Landorus-T and Zapdos from continuously switching in helps Jirachi's chances of sweeping late game. The standard set works fine, providing strong priority the team lacked and Toxic to cripple the previously mentioned common switch ins.

View attachment 118595
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Yet another standard set, however it works so well I couldn't pass off the offer. It provides the perfect switch in to Hawlucha who threatens the entirety of the team, provides a safe switch in to non-Rockium Z Landorus-T after Zygarde has clicked Thousand Arrows or Toxic and provides reliable Defog support the team lacked. Hidden Power Ice is used over Heat Wave to cripple Landorus-T more so and Heat Wave isn't neccessary considering Fire Punch on Jirachi and Heatran. Same as with Heatran, it's shiny to hide the Happy Hour set.

View attachment 118596
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- U-turn

- Rock Slide

Protean Greninja finishes the Fire-Grass-Water trio while providing speed, momentum and a form of hazards. Rock Slide and Choice scarf is needed to cover Volcarona, U-Turn is there to provide momentum for Zygarde and Heatran while Ice Beam is a useful strong STAB attack. Toxic Spikes has been considered however the threat of Volcarona and lack of pressuring grounded steel mons provided more useful. Again, shiny to hide Happy Hour on Jirachi.

~Importable
Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
~Threats
View attachment 118597
This was the one reason I considered Toxic Spikes on Greninja. Substitute blocks Magma Storm, Protect scouts the single turn Solarbeam, Calm Mind up and Heatran does nothing. Even without any of that, Solarbeam only does a little over 50%. To remove this, Tapu Bulu has to be around to at least pressure and force it out while Greninja stacks Spikes. Or a heavily predicted Toxic from Zygarde will do the job if it doesn't have rest.

View attachment 118599View attachment 118600View attachment 118601
Kyurem-B is less threatening due to Jirachi outspeeding it and always forcing it out, however Mamoswine and Weavile prove to be huge problems. The current defensive core of Tapu Bulu and Zapdos are both weak to ice and are slower than these 3 mons. Zapdos can't defog on Rocks Mamoswine and Weavile's speed proves to be a problem for Jirachi. Depending on whether or not the opponent also has a bulky water, Heatran can be used to Solarbeam Mamoswine early to hopefully figure out it's faster or risk Magma Storm on Weavile once it knocks off your Power Herb (252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 213-252 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Othertimes, Its hiding the Protean Greninja and using it as an Ash-Gren to force them out or setting up with Jirachi while they arn't out.

View attachment 118602
This thing can also get quite annoying. Hitting Heatran, Tapu Bulu and Zapdos hard with Focus Blast on Heatran and Fire Blast on Bulu and Zapdos. Rock Slide Greninja always forces it out while Zygarde and Setup Jirachi can threaten it.
~Considerations
View attachment 118588
I have thought about changing this guy to Ash-Greninja, however the need for Rock Slide and U-turn is pretty important. I've also thought about replacing Ice Beam with Scald but then I feel as if grass types like Tangrowth and Bulu might be harder to handle considering I've already dropped Gunk Shot and Heatran would be weak after luring the respective water type and being weak to Earthquake and Superpower. Let me know what you think in a reply.

View attachment 118584
This would be the only way (Without switching the 'mons around) to fit Stealth Rock on the team. Removing Solarbeam would ruin the idea of luring water types while lacking Earth Power and Taunt will make it hard to deal with Toxapex and Balance respectively. Not sure about this one but Stealth Rock would be helpful for Zapdos and Landorus-T pressure.
~Peak on Ladder
~Conclusion
I've loved using this team since the start and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did if you give it a shot. I appreciate your time if you made it this far and any feedback provided below would be amazing. Feel free to challenge me on Showdown as either 'iudhfgds' or 'iud' if you see me around!

(It's a banger of a song too hey?)
Have you considered running Nature Power over Bloom Doom on lure Tran? It turns into Energy Ball under Grassy Terrain and gets the Grassy boost too. Thus opening that Z-Crystal slot should you want to experiment with it elsewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)