Other Fabulous Fairy Monotype!

A collection of my favourite (and most fabulous) of the new type, Fairy!
The Cheerleading Squad

Let's get started, shall we?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* all sets can be exported

Sweetie, where are my keys?

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block
- Play Rough

This is a Spikes Klefki lead, and personally my favourite Klefki moveset. It's really fun and it really hurts those pesky Dragons! With Klefki's great defensive typing, it deals with most other leads very well and can switch in to a lot of other Pokémon. The trick is to paralyze your opponent and then set up Spikes. Heal Block can be used on other Pokémon that may have a recovery move, however Fairy Lock or Crafty Shield can be used over Heal Block. Finally, Play Rough is there as a strong STAB move and to keep you from being Taunt bait. A friend recommended this moveset to me and it's awesome that they added this to Smogon as I use this set in-game and on Pokémon Showdown! a lot.

Our Team Cleric!
Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell / Toxic

As you may know, Sylveon is my all-star Pokémon. It has great Special Attack and Special Defense, a solid HP, and a good defensive typing. Sadly it is quite slow, but it is these traits that make it a perfect Cleric for my team. Wish can be used to heal your teammates, and can be used alongside Protect to heal yourself. Hyper Voice is an amazing STAB move, with already solid BP and a boost from Pixilate (not to mention being able to go through substitutes, and hitting both enemies in Doubles). Heal Bell can be used to help cure your Team, but Toxic can be used aswell to cripple your opponent. With 252 HP and 232 Defense w/ a Bold nature, Sylveon is pretty bulky.

Adorable Powerhouse ♥!
Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam / Flamethrower

Clefable is pretty versatile. She has good defensive stats and a good HP, but what is her main niche is Magic Guard. Due to Magic Guard's ability to negate indirect damage (from Burn and Poison, Hail, etc.); you will not receive damage from Life Orb. However, you will still get the 30% boost.
Calm Mind is there to boost your Special Attack and Special Defense, while Moonblast is your STAB move and has a chance to lower your opponent's Special Defense. Soft-Boiled is to heal yourself, and you can use Flamethrower to deal with Steel types. Ice Beam can be used as well for coverage.

The Cheer Team's Flyer!
Togekiss (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

This Togekiss set can be used to surprise most players, as Choice Scarfed Togekiss are quite rare. With it's already great Speed and Choice Scarf, Togekiss will be able to outspeed most threats.
Air Slash + Serene Grace leads to a very annoying sequence of Flinch and rage. Aura Sphere can cover your weakness to Steel, and Dazzling Gleam can land a solid hit on anything. Finally, Trick can be used to cripple an opponent and benefit yourself with their item.

Why didn't I get Moonblast?
Dedenne (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
- Attract
- Thunderbolt

I've been working out ways to get Dedenne on my team, as it was requested by a friend. I created a cute and quite annoying set to give this little mouse his time to shine. The idea is to Nuzzle, and then
Volt Switch out of there. On the off chance that you have to battle with this thing, Attract it on top of a paralysis and use Thunderbolt. Sadly, Thunderbolt is it's only good STAB as this thing does not get a Fairy move. I have actually used this set on my Showdown! team before and it's fun to switch this thing into Rotom-W, because Will-O-Wisp will just heal it and it resists Thunderbolt, Volt-Switch, and Hydro Pump.

Cheer Squad Captain!

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Ah, Mega-Gardevoir! She is the cherry on the top of my team, the crème de la crème (Gardevoir sounds French to me). You need to Mega-Evolve right away. It's dire! Gardevoir gets a big boost in Speed upon Mega-Evolution, but only arrives on the second turn. We have Protect for this reason, and to scout. Hyper Voice is the ultimate STAB move, because of Gardevoir's gargantuan Special Attack. Psychock is another good STAB and Focus Blast is for coverage. However, Gardevoir is quite frail, so it's good that she is really fast.

Make sure to comment and leave suggestions on how I can improve!
Thank you!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-180162313

Last edited:

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, nice fairy team. But it needs some changes.

First of all Klefki, due to it's prankster ability and since fairy works around bulk i'd suggest these moves: Light Screen, Reflect, Spikes, Thunder Wave. As it can set up screens to protect your pokemon from devastating damage, spikes for hazards and T-wave to stop fast threats.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Secondly Clefable is famous for it's Stall Set made of, Cosmic Power/Calm Mind, stored power, soft boiled and flamethrower/moonblast. You can run Life orb as item to increase the damage or just run leftovers for a slow recovery. Invested in Def for Pesky Iron Heads when you're trying to set up.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Stored Power

Next is Gardevoir, since Mega Mawile is not banned in Monotype why not abuse it? You can still use Gardevoir as a scarf user if you wish, with the set: Moonblast, Psychock, T-bolt/Focus Blast, Trick/Healing Wish. Scarf Gardevoir is so good as it can outspeed unscarfed threats which mega devoir can't, such as Gengar.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Mega Mawile: As i said before this little monster is unbanned from monotype, it's a Devastating Wrecking Ball, it can runs that set effectively: Sword Dance, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Play Rough. If you wish to add mega mawile you can remove either Sylveon or Dedenne but i think Dedenne isn't really needed in a serious team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Your Team lacks Offensive Pressure that's why I also suggest Azumarill with the Devastating Belly Drum Sets: Belly Drum, Aqua jet, SuperPower, Playrough. With a +6 and Huge Power Azumarill can destroy teams, if not, it creates holes in them. Super Power makes it easier to deal with annoying steel pokemon as Skarmory and Ferrothorn

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)