• Never

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Smogon,

Thread title says it all. Why don't we have a standalone Fakemon only forum? As a recent Smog article pointed out, there are technically only two places for users to post Fakemon - the Studio and CAP. The following is quoted from the article:

For better or worse, the only allowed outlet for fakemon discussion at Smogon is in (1) the very structured group-oriented CAP project and (2) fakemon illustrations (plus descriptions) in Smeargle Studio. Frankly, neither is my cup of tea since the former cramps on any chance at allowing an individual to go all-out with his own autonomy and creative pursuit, and the latter will never get any non-art based discussion (plus you need to DRAW your ideas to talk about them…). Of course, there is a method in this madness. It's clear that fakemon discussions can get really off-track, really easily, and the sad truth is that so many fakemon ideas are just not that interesting: too powerful, too uncreative, or simply being too OUT there without any frame of reference.
Despite how Fakemon discussions can get out of hand or the Fakemons getting too OP, everyone should start somewhere, we could have a forum where only approved Fakemons (either posted in a stickied thread or sent to the staff) are posted by mods and locked and just a generally feedback and / or discussions forum. I don't see discussions there getting too out of hand, but if it does it can be out back on track (can't guarantee this). Besides, for those who want to get started in CAP (spriting,move pools and all that), this can be used as sort of a practice ground before they give a shot at CAP. Anyway, that's my suggestion, and I hope you guys can think about it. :)

Hey Smogon,

Thread title says it all. Why don't we have a standalone Fakemon only forum? As a recent Smog article pointed out, there are technically only two places for users to post Fakemon - the Studio and CAP. The following is quoted from the article:

Despite how Fakemon discussions can get out of hand or the Fakemons getting too OP, everyone should start somewhere, we could have a forum where only approved Fakemons (either posted in a stickied thread or sent to the staff) are posted by mods and locked and just a generally feedback and / or discussions forum. I don't see discussions there getting too out of hand, but if it does it can be out back on track (can't guarantee this). Besides, for those who want to get started in CAP (spriting,move pools and all that), this can be used as sort of a practice ground before they give a shot at CAP. Anyway, that's my suggestion, and I hope you guys can think about it. :)
Rather than a whole Fakemon forum, I guess you could have a single 'create a Pokemon' thread in Orange islands or something. Any individual would be able to post their Fakemon idea in the thread, and get feedback on it.

A forum like this would likely not garner much intelligent discussion at all and would have all the problems mentioned in your opening paragraph. Sorry, but no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)