SS OU Fat & Fast Balanced Offense (Valid Sets & Descriptions)

My attempt at a Bulk Up Corviknight balance was futile, so this is my first team that has actually seen success on the SwSh ladder. Would appreciate suggestions on spreads & Pokémon choices!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
I cannot stress how much Ditto has helped me deal with threats and would-be sweepers. Its role, as everyone knows, is to copy the opposing Pokémon and its boosts, then revenge kill them and maybe even countersweep if they had racked up a lot of boosts. Pretty versatile, it can even switch out after doing its job the first time so it can revenge kill threats multiple times. My go-to guy for setup sweepers.

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
This vulture Pokémon is my Defogger, and it does its job pretty well. Basically, it comes in on special attackers whose moves it can tank, preferably Choice-locked Pokémon, and Defogs hazards away. Mandibuzz also aids in crippling opponents by removing their items with Knock Off, or it serves as a slow pivot to bring in my frail attackers.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
Every team needs a Stealth Rock setter, right? Well, Ferrothorn is just that, and it can also make for a nice special/mixed sponge if needed. I chose it with a Fairy resist in mind. I put a little more investment in physical Defense, since Mandibuzz can handle special attackers already, and sometimes it can be good to surprise those physical attackers looking to prey on Ferrothorn's "lack of Defense investment". Again, if needed, the spiky Grass/Steel-type can Knock items Off to cripple opponents, or set Leech Seed to help stall them out.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
Alright, enough with the defensive precautions! It's time to get offensive and look at my primary sweeper. This bad boi was my main basis for building this team, and even though the focus has shifted away from it somewhat, Hawlucha can still wreak havoc by Dynamaxing and using Max Lightning to activate Unburden through the Electric Seed. It can then outspeed the opposing team and use its STABs to do massive damage after one Swords Dance. Hawlucha also helps this team in dealing with Water-types and Toxapex specifically, thanks to Thunder Punch. Usually, this Pokémon is what I plan to Dynamax for the reasons above.

1575846979586.png

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
I chose Dracovish solely because its Fishious Rend hits insanely hard against defensive teams, even 2HKOing Ferrothorn, and Toxapex after Stealth Rock, through a resist! It also offers a nice defensive typing that I can use to check Water- and Fire-types in a pinch. Dracovish is usually what I use against balance and stall teams for its powerful Fishious Rend. Other than that, its coverage is pretty monotonous. Psychic Fangs for Pokémon weak to the move, Crunch for use against Jellicent and other Water-types, and Ice Fang for Grass- and Dragon-types. I use Ice Fang instead of Outrage because, unlike Outrage, it doesn't trap Dracovish on the field for a few turns.

1575847544581.png

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Here is my last 'mon, Galarian Darmanitan. It's my all-out attacker and offensive pivot via U-turn, with its ability Gorilla Tactics giving it a strong Attack boost. Choice Scarf on Galarian Darmanitan has no opportunity cost, thanks to Gorilla Tactics already "Choice-locking" Darm. Galarian Darmanitan acts as my wallbreaker against offensive teams, using its high Speed tier to outspeed and dent other Pokémon that could pose a fast threat to my team otherwise. It can also revenge kill alongside Ditto, in the event that Ditto faints against an attacker that Darmanitan can outspeed. Icicle Crash is the STAB move, Flare Blitz hits Steel-types like Ferrothorn that are not weak to Ground, and Earthquake provides coverage against Pokémon like Toxapex that resist all of G-Darmanitan's other offensive moves.

At the moment, no replays are available (I don't really save replays), but that is subject to change.

Last edited:
1575809368331.gif
1575809388653.png

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
I cannot stress how much Ditto has helped me deal with threats and would-be sweepers. Its role, as everyone knows, is to copy the opposing Pokémon and its boosts, then revenge kill them and maybe even countersweep if they had racked up a lot of boosts. Pretty versatile, it can even switch out after doing its job the first time so it can revenge kill threats multiple times. My go-to guy for setup sweepers.

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
This vulture Pokémon is my Defogger, and it does its job pretty well. Basically, it comes in on special attackers whose moves it can tank, preferably Choice-locked Pokémon, and Defogs hazards away. Mandibuzz also aids in crippling opponents by removing their items with Knock Off, or it serves as a slow pivot to bring in my frail attackers.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
Every team needs a Stealth Rock setter, right? Well, Ferrothorn is just that, and it can also make for a nice special/mixed sponge if needed. I chose it with a Fairy resist in mind. I put a little more investment in physical Defense, since Mandibuzz can handle special attackers already, and sometimes it can be good to surprise those physical attackers looking to prey on Ferrothorn's "lack of Defense investment". Again, if needed, the spiky Grass/Steel-type can Knock items Off to cripple opponents, or set Leech Seed to help stall them out.

1575809608319.gif

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
Alright, enough with the defensive precautions! It's time to get offensive and look at my primary sweeper. This bad boi was my main basis for building this team, and even though the focus has shifted away from it somewhat, Hawlucha can still wreak havoc. It uses Substitute and then Swords Dance until the opponent breaks the Substitute. Two Substitutes are enough to activate Unburden thanks to the Sitrus Berry. It can then outspeed the opposing team and use its STABs to do massive damage after one Swords Dance. Usually, this Pokémon is what I plan to Dynamax for the reasons above, but this set makes it less dependent on Dynamax to function. (I noticed that by the end of the battle, when Hawlucha is most useful as a late-game cleaner, I had already Dynamaxed something else.) Acrobatics is used, as Substitute combined with Brave Bird recoil can really wear Hawlucha down.

1575817510758.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
Finally, some much needed speed control. (I ran a Timid nature for that reason.) This pseudo-legendary Pokémon of Galar runs a Choice Specs to act as my special attacker/wallbreaker/cleaner. Yup, this guy's got role compression in those Dreepy-dart shooters of his! It can also revenge kill alongside Ditto, in case Ditto faints against something that Dragapult can outspeed. Infiltrator is run so Dragapult can bypass Substitutes and screens, both of which this team doesn't do very well against otherwise. As for Thunderbolt (instead of U-turn), it provides super-effective coverage for the likes of Mandibuzz and Toxapex. Besides, T-bolt lifts some of the pressure off my G-Darmanitan, who I also depend on to beat those two.

1575823007045.png

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Here is my last 'mon, Galarian Darmanitan. It's my all-out attacker and offensive pivot via U-turn, with its ability Gorilla Tactics giving it a strong Attack boost. Choice Band on Galarian Darmanitan has no opportunity cost, thanks to Gorilla Tactics already "Choice-locking" Darm. It also brings its Attack up to insane levels. Galarian Darmanitan acts as my physical wallbreaker, using its sky-high Attack to destroy anything that doesn’t resist, and even some that do. Icicle Crash is the STAB move, Flare Blitz hits Steel-types like Ferrothorn that are not weak to Ground, and Earthquake provides coverage against Pokémon like Toxapex that resist all of G-Darmanitan's other offensive moves.

I changed my team a bit after realizing my team’s glaring weakness to physically defensive Pokémon. I would like to know, which version of the team is better?

Last edited:
both teams are good, but the second is more offenvie while the first is more defensive (i think).
I prefer the first because I luv vish, but it depends on u ;)

the electric terrain lucha is better though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)