National Dex Fatty Accidental Sand with a cool Bug

https://pokepast.es/1a85d54f6545bf2f

So it's a fat team built around the PhysDef Scizor-M + Tytar.
:xy/scizor-mega: WinCon, great physical wall otherwise that allow me to not get swept by Diancie, can win against Unaware Clodsire, don't like being Salt Cured but can break through non-Tera Garganacl. You will rarely OHKO with Bullet Punch but they won't.
:gs/tyranitar: My special blanket, does really well in the meta if you can put it safely on Pult/whatever ghost-type, you're not likely gonna click Rest but if your opponent think you're crippled enough you can say no. Tera Fairy can survive a Fighting hit while not being weak to common moves outside of Joe's.
:rb/zapdos: My hazard remover and very importantly my Melmetal switch-in Pokemon that doesn't get OHKOed and can get a para and haxx. A cool Ground immunity I lacked. Steel Tera to survive a move from Pao/Ice Punch from Melmetal/Tyranitar/Get flinched by Icicle Crash. My only way to pressure Corv so you should keep it sone time if there's one.
:sm/magearna: My answer to Pao, that's why it's physically defensive. Sets Spikes, lure to Landorus if needed. Good to check Gren. Pain Split allow it to recover a bit while dealing a confortable chunk of damage to Ting-Lu/Blissey. Can pivot, offers momentum against Dragapult and can allow to set Scizor up. Answers Serperior, Breloom and other Grass type that could have Fire Coverage. I am not sure of the Tera, just picked something that was acceptable defensively and
:dp/hippowdon: It's just a coincidence if i put 2 Sand Stream users, Hippowdown was mainly a way to switch into Electric/Rock/ I didn't want to have Ting-Lui due to overlap with Tytar. Its natural bulk allow it to PHaze/Toxic some Dragon Dancers/Set-Ups like Dragonite. Answers well Specs too. Water Tera to have en emergency button against Baxcalibur, Chien Pao, Tapu Fini and BB Greninja.
:gs/slowking: A pivot with a very good SpDef, mainly a back-up if Tyranitar is too weakened, opened to suggestions of replacement. Wondering of putting Flamethrower to deal with Thorn. Fairy tera to survive a Knock/U-Turn, panic button against Pult. Can cheap Steel types to sweep with Scizor, Boots because this team lacks sooo harshly an effective hazard remover.
I didn’t mean to make a sand, just a semistall with tytar and I added hippowdon solely because of its typing+bulk

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/1a85d54f6545bf2f

So it's a fat team built around the PhysDef Scizor-M + Tytar.
:xy/scizor-mega: WinCon, great physical wall otherwise that allow me to not get swept by Diancie, can win against Unaware Clodsire, don't like being Salt Cured but can break through non-Tera Garganacl. You will rarely OHKO with Bullet Punch but they won't.
:gs/tyranitar: My special blanket, does really well in the meta if you can put it safely on Pult/whatever ghost-type, you're not likely gonna click Rest but if your opponent think you're crippled enough you can say no. Tera Fairy can survive a Fighting hit while not being weak to common moves outside of Joe's.
:rb/zapdos: My hazard remover and very importantly my Melmetal switch-in Pokemon that doesn't get OHKOed and can get a para and haxx. A cool Ground immunity I lacked. Steel Tera to survive a move from Pao/Ice Punch from Melmetal/Tyranitar/Get flinched by Icicle Crash. My only way to pressure Corv so you should keep it sone time if there's one.
:sm/magearna: My answer to Pao, that's why it's physically defensive. Sets Spikes, lure to Landorus if needed. Good to check Gren. Pain Split allow it to recover a bit while dealing a confortable chunk of damage to Ting-Lu/Blissey. Can pivot, offers momentum against Dragapult and can allow to set Scizor up. Answers Serperior, Breloom and other Grass type that could have Fire Coverage. I am not sure of the Tera, just picked something that was acceptable defensively and
:dp/hippowdon: It's just a coincidence if i put 2 Sand Stream users, Hippowdown was mainly a way to switch into Electric/Rock/ I didn't want to have Ting-Lui due to overlap with Tytar. Its natural bulk allow it to PHaze/Toxic some Dragon Dancers/Set-Ups like Dragonite. Answers well Specs too. Water Tera to have en emergency button against Baxcalibur, Chien Pao, Tapu Fini and BB Greninja.
:gs/slowking: A pivot with a very good SpDef, mainly a back-up if Tyranitar is too weakened, opened to suggestions of replacement. Wondering of putting Flamethrower to deal with Thorn. Fairy tera to survive a Knock/U-Turn, panic button against Pult. Can cheap Steel types to sweep with Scizor, Boots because this team lacks sooo harshly an effective hazard remover.
Hello! I think Sand teams are really cool, so I'd like to give you some suggestions about your team that can make it more successful!

Add
Remove
Consider

scizor-mega.png

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

- Sand Tomb
Into
buzzwole.png

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

- Roost

I think that Mega Scizor on Sand is personally a waste of a Mega slot since you would always want to use Mega Tyranitar over it, so I suggest you use Buzzwole over it due to its stellar capabilities of walling Pokemon like Chien-Pao, Great Tusk, and Kingambit, while providing strong moves in Close Combat, and great coverage with Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. It also synergizes well with Tyranitar, as it provides a Ground, Fighting, and Grass type resist, along side Slowking for a Dark resist. The EVs let you outspeed Adamant Tyranitar, and Tera Steel gives it a Fairy and Psychic resist, while also giving it a Toxic immunity!

:bw/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

- Rest
Into

tyranitar-mega.png

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

- Crunch

Mega Tyranitar fits here due to how it is an very good offensive Pokemon to use on Sand, and is a good enabler to Pokemon like Excadrill (Which I have suggested later in this post), as well as tanking Special moves very well due to it's already massive natural bulk. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and is very good paired when paired with a hard hitting Pursuit, pressuring Pokemon like Choice locked Tapu Lele and Gholdengo, Dragapult, while being able to provide good chip on a majority of Pokemon. You outspeed neutral base 60 Speed Pokemon with the EV spread.

:bw/zapdos:

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge

- Hurricane
Into
:bw/tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type:
Ground / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bleakwind Storm
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

- Defog

Tornadus-T is a superior Defogger over Zapdos here because of Regenerator, being able to easy recover any chip taken from Sand, as well as providing a Ground immunity, speed control, and momentum with U-turn, being able to bring it Pokemon like Buzzwole into Pokemon like Chien-Pao and opposing Tyranitar, or to bring in Excadrill on Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Magearna. Tera Ground can be used for an Electric immunity, while Tera Steel can be used for a Rock and Ice resist, as well as a Toxic immunity.

:bw/hippowdon:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Toxic

- Earthquake
Into
:bw/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

- Giga Impact

Excadrill is a must on Sand, due to it having Sand Rush, nice hazard control in Rapid Spin, and being a stellar wallbreaker in general due to Swords Dance and providing a nice Ground type for Sand in general. Normalium Z hits Pokemon like Rotom-Wash, Zapdos, Slowbro, and can also do nice damage to Pokemon like Great Tusk with some chip.

magearna.png

Magearna-Original @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Ice Beam

- Spikes
Into
tapukoko.png

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

- Roost

Magearna feels redundant here due to there being a Excadrill here, so I decided to slot a Tapu Koko, which gives you speed control, momentum, and fixes your Corviknight problem very easily. Grass Knot is to hit Pokemon like Great Tusk and Gastrodon, which can be boosted by Tera Grass, and gives it a Ground resist as well. You also have an improved match up against Rain, as Grass Knot Koko usually can do numbers against it, bar Ferrothorn, but you can always U-turn out.

:bw/slowking:

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD -> 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Scald
- Slack Off

Slowking fits really good on Sand as you mentioned, and makes a nice Regenerator core when paired with Tornadus-T, but I feel like investing some EVs into Defense may work, as you can still eat Tapu Lele's Moonblast twice from full with the spread, and 0 Speed IVs guarantee you will always pivot out last with Teleport. Tera Fairy gives you a Dark resist and a good U-turn resist as well, so there is no need to change that!

Overall, I like the idea of the team you are building, but with these changes, it can do way better than before. I may have changed a lot here, but I think some things had to be done in order to make your team successful. I hope this rate helped you out!

Paste

Hello! I think Sand teams are really cool, so I'd like to give you some suggestions about your team that can make it more successful!

Add
Remove
Consider

scizor-mega.png

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

- Sand Tomb
Into
buzzwole.png

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

- Roost

I think that Mega Scizor on Sand is personally a waste of a Mega slot since you would always want to use Mega Tyranitar over it, so I suggest you use Buzzwole over it due to its stellar capabilities of walling Pokemon like Chien-Pao, Great Tusk, and Kingambit, while providing strong moves in Close Combat, and great coverage with Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. It also synergizes well with Tyranitar, as it provides a Ground, Fighting, and Grass type resist, along side Slowking for a Dark resist. The EVs let you outspeed Adamant Tyranitar, and Tera Steel gives it a Fairy and Psychic resist, while also giving it a Toxic immunity!

:bw/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

- Rest
Into

tyranitar-mega.png

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

- Crunch

Mega Tyranitar fits here due to how it is an very good offensive Pokemon to use on Sand, and is a good enabler to Pokemon like Excadrill (Which I have suggested later in this post), as well as tanking Special moves very well due to it's already massive natural bulk. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and is very good paired when paired with a hard hitting Pursuit, pressuring Pokemon like Choice locked Tapu Lele and Gholdengo, Dragapult, while being able to provide good chip on a majority of Pokemon. You outspeed neutral base 60 Speed Pokemon with the EV spread.

:bw/zapdos:

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge

- Hurricane
Into
:bw/tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type:
Ground / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bleakwind Storm
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

- Defog

Tornadus-T is a superior Defogger over Zapdos here because of Regenerator, being able to easy recover any chip taken from Sand, as well as providing a Ground immunity, speed control, and momentum with U-turn, being able to bring it Pokemon like Buzzwole into Pokemon like Chien-Pao and opposing Tyranitar, or to bring in Excadrill on Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Magearna. Tera Ground can be used for an Electric immunity, while Tera Steel can be used for a Rock and Ice resist, as well as a Toxic immunity.

:bw/hippowdon:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Toxic

- Earthquake
Into
:bw/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

- Giga Impact

Excadrill is a must on Sand, due to it having Sand Rush, nice hazard control in Rapid Spin, and being a stellar wallbreaker in general due to Swords Dance and providing a nice Ground type for Sand in general. Normalium Z hits Pokemon like Rotom-Wash, Zapdos, Slowbro, and can also do nice damage to Pokemon like Great Tusk with some chip.

magearna.png

Magearna-Original @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Ice Beam

- Spikes
Into
tapukoko.png

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

- Roost

Magearna feels redundant here due to there being a Excadrill here, so I decided to slot a Tapu Koko, which gives you speed control, momentum, and fixes your Corviknight problem very easily. Grass Knot is to hit Pokemon like Great Tusk and Gastrodon, which can be boosted by Tera Grass, and gives it a Ground resist as well. You also have an improved match up against Rain, as Grass Knot Koko usually can do numbers against it, bar Ferrothorn, but you can always U-turn out.

:bw/slowking:

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD -> 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Scald
- Slack Off

Slowking fits really good on Sand as you mentioned, and makes a nice Regenerator core when paired with Tornadus-T, but I feel like investing some EVs into Defense may work, as you can still eat Tapu Lele's Moonblast twice from full with the spread, and 0 Speed IVs guarantee you will always pivot out last with Teleport. Tera Fairy gives you a Dark resist and a good U-turn resist as well, so there is no need to change that!

Overall, I like the idea of the team you are building, but with these changes, it can do way better than before. I may have changed a lot here, but I think some things had to be done in order to make your team successful. I hope this rate helped you out!

Paste
Thanks you for your help, I do think my team would be better with those changes, but I don’t think it follows the main purpose of the team, it comes from an fat team to an HO with harshly 2 commons Pokémon. Thanks you anyway!

Back