Other Metagames Faultless Defense - SV Ubers UU Team (Peaked #44 / 1447 Elo)

1707042979754.png

1707043000173.png

(Proof of Peak ^)

blissey.pngquagsire.pngslowking-g.pngarceus-dark.pnggiratina-a.pngclefable.png
(Click for pokepaste)

Welcome to my first ever RMT. I've been using this Ubers UU team for quite a while now, and have wanted to share it with all of you. I've been refining and tinkering with team for just short of a month by now, and am very happy with how the team performs. The main strategy for this team is setting hazards with Clefable, Quagsire and Slowking-Galar and walling opposing 'mons and forcing switches. I've been playing Ubers UU since its inception, but this is the first time I've felt confident enough to share a team. I hope you enjoy!

Blissey

blissey.gif

blobity blob @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Soft-Boiled

Blissey has been a staple of stall since the dawn of time. Fantastic special bulk makes it a huge asset to stall in this tier, filled with scary special attackers like :palkia-origin: and :chi-yu: . Calm Mind is mandatory to keep up with other boosting threats such as :magearna:, :arceus-grass: and :espathra:. Shadow Ball is to hit the many Psychic-types that infest the tier like :mewtwo: and :deoxys:. This Blissey is specifically EV'd to OHKO :landorus: with Ice Beam, as Landorus-Incarnate is a huge problem to stall with Nasty Plot. Tera Dark is to stifle Stored Power from :magearna: and :espathra:, while also preventing Psystrike from pesky :mewtwo:.

Quagsire
quagsire.gif

lil goober @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
Quagsire is an odd choice on stall in Generation 9. Many People think that it is outclassed by :dondozo:, but I personally find that :quagsire: can accomplish much more progress on stall than :dondozo:. Spikes allows it to lay entry hazards and support the rest of its team by chipping opposing hazard-weak Pokemon, like :Arceus:, :Palkia-Origin:, and :Ogerpon-Hearthflame:. This lets it contribute to the game massively compared to the passivity of :dondozo:. Toxic is another tool that :quagsire: has over :dondozo:, allowing him to status and cripple most Pokemon. He also successfully checks most of the same 'mons that :dondozo: does, such as :zacian:, :arceus-fire: and :landorus-therian:. Unaware stifling setup threats is huge, as it means :quagsire: can take a special hit in a pinch, from :Arceus-Dark: or :Chi-Yu: and Toxic back.

Slowking-Galar
slowking-galar.gif

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Slack Off
:slowking-galar: is the main Regenerator 'mon and Toxic Spiker for this Team. I found myself often leading this 'mon as it is usually riskless and extremely safe. Setting Toxic Spikes is huge for progress making on this team, as they ahve many important hazard-weak targets in the metagame, notably :arceus:, :palkia-origin:, :ogerpon-hearthflame: and :kyurem-white:. These 'mons are sometimes quite troublesome for stall, and Toxic Spikes help to completely shut these Pokemon down. Chilly Reception is very helpful for scouting a switch, and can also be used to get a mon that need to Recover desperately onto the field safely, notably your own :Arceus-Dark:. :Slowking-Galar: also helps to check :hatterene:, a big problem for this team, as well as fishing for a poison on Taunt :arceus: with Sludge Bomb.

Arceus-Dark
arceus-dark.gif

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Recover
:Arceus-dark: is a fantastic progress maker on stall and is near mandatory for its ability to stop :mewtwo:. Alongside stopping one of the biggest threats to stall, :arceus-dark:'s natural bulk is incredible, allowing it to naturally beat pokemon like :deoxys: and spread burn across the opponents team. This Arceus is EV'd to outspeed :ogerpon-hearthflame: and Foul Play will OHKO it at +2. Foul Play is also an excellent move to hit the other Psychic-types that reside in the tier, as they often have naturally high Attack stats, like :Solgaleo: and :deoxys:. Taunt is crucial on this Arceus, as it shuts down special set up sweepers, notable opposing :Arceus-dark:, but also Nasty Plot :mewtwo: and even Calm Mind :magearna: in a pinch.

Giratina
giratina.gif

Giratina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
:Giratina: is the another physically defensive wall for this team, but it also doubles up as an effective phazer with Dragon Tail. :giratina: is on the team as a bulkier :arceus-fire: check, while also being a very effective spinblocker, aimed at keeping the Hazards :quagsire:, :clefable:, and :slowking-galar: lay down. Rest + Sleep Talk allows Giratina to have longevity while not being entirely useless while asleep, and making it a good sleep absorber in a pinch. Will-O-Wisp allows Giratina to spread status akin to :Arceus-Dark:, and cripple :zamazenta-crowned: and :palafin-hero: for the rest of the team, as it comfortably switches into both of these.

Clefable

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Ghost
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

:Clefable: is the last Pokemon on this team, but my no means is it the least valuable. :clefable: is a key Knock Off and status absorber for this stall, and Magic Guard :clefable: is greatly underrated in Ubers UU. This :clefable: helps to spread Knock Off, and constantly Knocks Off many Pokemon's :heavy-duty-boots: for the benefit of its team. Clefable does an excellent job of coming in on an harassing a large portion of the tier, including :giratina:, :zacian:, :arceus-dark:, :solgaleo: and many others, and is the best progress maker on this team in my opinion.

Honourable Mentions
Dragapult
dragapult.gif

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

There is an alternate version of the team which replaced :Giratina: with :Dragapult:, to gain valuable speed tiers, like outspeeding :Cyclizar: and is EV'd to otuspeed :mewtwo:. It does very similar things to :giratina: but is much faster and completely unbothered by Substitute, which is really nice. Losing a significant portion of your bulk, making it much harder to confortably take hits and almost impossible to take special hits felt like too much of an issue, and this I replaced it with Giratina.

Threats & Issues about the team
:Hatterene: - Easily the biggest problem to this team. Your best shot at facing this down is going for a poison with :Slowking-galar:'s Sludge Bomb, which also does considerable damage, and Knocking off :Leftovers: or :heavy-duty-boots: with :Clefable:. Otherwise, this will destroy your entire team if you aren't careful, as it bouncing hazards is a huge problem for progress.

:landorus:, :mewtwo: & :ogerpon-hearthflame: - All natural stallbreakers that can give you a hard time. For the most part :landorus: is handled by the Blissey, as it comfortably takes +2 Sheer Force :Life-Orb: boosted Focus Blast. :mewtwo: is handled pretty safely by :arceus-dark:, but you can always Tera :blissey: if things get too dicey.

:ursaluna: & :hoopa-unbound: - Not much to say about these two. In general, try to get :giratina: in on Ursaluna so it can phaze it out and force it to take extra chip, alongside the burn damage it takes. As for :hoopa-unbound:, your best bet is probably Toxic Spikes from :slowking-galar: or forcing :quagsire: to tank one to Toxic. Foul Play from :Arceus-Dark: also does considerable damage, so you have to be really careful when playing around these two. Thankfully, neither of these two are super common.

:Cyclizar:, :arceus-dark: and :gholdengo: - Not too hard to play around, but still a fairly big trouble point for this team. Taunt makes it much harder to progress in the match, and :gholdengo: is, well, :gholdengo: and is immune the most of the passive damage you throw at it. Thankfully, :blissey:'s Shadow Ball should handle it nicely

Replays and Thank You's.

Massive shoutout to R8 for teambuilding the majority of this team, and for explaining some of the finer details to me about it!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2051022884 - versus Taunt :Arceus-Dark: & Nasty Plot :Mewtwo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2050666353 - versus Swords Dance :ogerpon-hearthflame: & Nasty Plot :landorus:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2050662030 - versus Nasty Plot + Trick :gholdengo: and :ogerpon-hearthflame:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2037385561 versus :necrozma-dawn-wings: stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2050342343-p8s2cqa91yr3a0ead0b9ts1ih3xal2rpw versus Taunt :cyclizar: and Psychic Noise :lugia:

(p.s sorry for my atrocious gameplay LOL)

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)