favourite bird thread

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
perhaps morm needs a lesson in greek:

dinosaur - from "deinos" as in terrible and "sauros" as in lizard/reptile

dinosaur=terrible lizard

now given that a pterosaur is reptile and also pretty terrible because their wings were made of paper and weren't maneuvrable on land, that would qualify them to be a dinosaur.

Yes but Pterosaur means "winged lizard", nowhere does it say "terrible" in it. There were some pretty pussy Pterosaurs with wingspans of 10 inches you know.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
that's because the word describes different aspects of the dinosaur, namely its winged-ness

I used to love peregrine falcons, but now it's a split between Gyrfalcons or Masked Owls (any of them, I just think their face is cool).

I am both fascinated by, and terrified of birds

sometimes they're all cute and fluffy like quails

or they're really cool looking

then sometimes they just scare the hell out of me

go back to my nightmares

I don't know why these fuckers are on our money, but they're aggressive and make the most annoying honking sounds ever

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[Da geese]

I don't know why these fuckers are on our money, but they're aggressive and make the most annoying honking sounds ever
Have to agree with you on that, Canada picked a really awful bird to be labelled with our nationality. I have a theory that they only poop on sidewalks and never on the grass, at least where I live.

As a side note a good friend of mine goes looking for birds as a hobby, takes some fantastic photos which some of you guys might find cool here: http://spruceblog.jitjit.com/

Loons are on our money, not Canadian Geese (hence the "Loonie")

By the way, Loons are pretty sweet:

Awesome black and white pattern, bright red eyes, and eerie calls are all cool.

Wicked smart and strangely alluring, ravens are my favorite bird. There are tons of them on my school campus.

Loons are on our money, not Canadian Geese (hence the "Loonie")
oh whoops clearly i'm good at being a Canadian citizen!

and yeah about geese pooping everywhere, especially sidewalks - they're the worst for this. maybe even in the seagull/pigeon tier. My old high school had a creek around the track, and since I had mandatory PE one year, we had to run the track sometimes. It was a really pleasant run scenery wise, but oh god there were terrifying birds and poo everywhere. My teacher even joked that it was probably better to run on the field if you want your shoes to stay clean

also i am intrigued and scared of the intelligence of crows

incidentally i'm pretty sure a group of crows is called a "murder of crows"? because they just needed to be a LITTLE more creepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)