ORAS OU Feraligatr Offense Team

Hi everyone, I really like Feraligatr, he's my favorite starter ever since I played Pokemon Gold generation 2, so I would like to build team around him.

This is my first fixed team after few numbers of trying, I played mostly for fun so generally I don't really care about ladder rating because I keep changing username, lol. But my team is decent enough to stay in 1200-1300.

Here's my team :

My general strategy is putting scolipede or donphan as a lead to put stealth rock, spikes, or toxic spikes, (depend on the enemies) and then mega-manectric, feraligatr, or talonflame do the killing spree while clefable can support them. It's rather simple strategy.

Here's the detailed view of my team :

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Gatr is the core of my team, his job is to sweep enemies. He only need 1x DD to become death roll predator.
I think I didn't have to explain Sheer Force + Life Orb because it multiplied Gatr attack 1.69 times and Sheer force prevents life orb self damage too. All of his three moves Waterfall, Crunch, and Ice Punch also gets Sheer Force boost.
But I want to explain why Adamant not Jolly because I think I can outspeed majority of enemies enough while +1 in Adamant nature. I calculated it before the mons that can outspeed him without boost is the pokemon with base speed 125 or above (of course with 31 IV and 252+ EV Spe), and sometimes scolipede give him his speed boost by baton pass.

Donphan (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Donphan main function is to put stealth rock or remove enemy hazard with rapid spin. Roar is good move to drive away boosted or substituted enemies (It feels good to roar belly drum mons, lol). I put him on lead if the enemies fulled with flying type stealth rock + roar until charizard comes. Earthquake is his only attack.

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Baton Pass

Scolipede is my second lead, his jobs is to put spikes or toxic spikes if the enemies lack of flying or levitating mons. His ability speed boost is really useful so I choose baton pass to fill his moves, sometimes I pass his speed to donphan to quick rapid spin, or Gatr to sweep. Megahorn is his strong STAB moves that often can surprise enemies that think I'm going to spikes.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Sometimes my Gatr is burned or paralyzed. I need clefable to heal him with aromatherapy. Her role mainly is to support, but sometimes she can become wall too because her fairy type and magic guard is really useful. Wish is another support to heal my attacker, protect is to guess enemy move or guard herself when the enemy was poisoned by toxic spikes. Moonblast is her STAB attack.

Talonflame (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame is my revenge-killer and he remove Gatr grass enemies. He don't need speed EV because Gale Wing can make Brave Bird always move first. He can also became sweeper with sword dance that can make him hit very hard. Flare Blitz is his 2nd STAB moves though not having priority like BB, but FB usually attack slow steel/grass enemies. Lum berry and Roost function is to heal him because both Brave Bird and Flare Blitz have recoil damage.

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Last but not least, Mega Manectric is my mega choice because his great base Speed and Special Attack (135) and access to 3 strong elements (electric, fire, ice). He's my main attacker/revenge killer. If the enemy is noob, he can easily sweep them all after stealth rock and spikes damage. Volt switch is good too because his great speed.

And that's all of my team, anyone can give me feedback as long as Feraligatr still remains, lol.

I don't have much time on my hands right now, so I'll just do a quick rate.

My understanding is that you want Feraligatr to be your primary win condition, boosted by Scolipede. In that case, several changes are recommended.

Since Feraligatr has no leftovers and rather is a full-out offensive set, you shouldn't be exposing it to status early-mid game. Thus, I would try changing Clefable to a Healing Wish Latias. You have no counter to strong water type attacks at the moment from the likes of Keldeo, and while you have Manectric as a check, I would still want at least one resist. Healing Wish allows Latias to rejuvenate Feraligatr if it does mess up on its first sweep attempt.

Next, I feel as if Spikes and Toxic spikes are rather redundant on Scolipede. This team is easily threatened by spinners such as Air Balloon Excadrill, as well as many of the common defoggers out there, and those precious hazards could be easily taken away. If you want, keep Spikes, but I don't think Toxic Spikes is necessary; perhaps change that up to Poison Jab to take out bulky fairy types, or Protect to make sure you get speed boosts. I would suggest Substitute, but after the Baton Pass clause changes I'm not sure whether Subs can be passed along with speed; I'll have to check on that.

Finally, if you really are going to rely on Scolipede's Speed Boost for late game sweeping, Dragon Dance is somewhat redundant; and Feraligatr simply doesn't have the raw power to sweep even with +1 if defensive pokemon remain. Try Swords Dance instead, as it'll allow Fera to get many more OHKOs after hazards, and you'll get at least +2 speed from Scolipede if played right.

I don't have much time on my hands right now, so I'll just do a quick rate.

My understanding is that you want Feraligatr to be your primary win condition, boosted by Scolipede. In that case, several changes are recommended.

Since Feraligatr has no leftovers and rather is a full-out offensive set, you shouldn't be exposing it to status early-mid game. Thus, I would try changing Clefable to a Healing Wish Latias. You have no counter to strong water type attacks at the moment from the likes of Keldeo, and while you have Manectric as a check, I would still want at least one resist. Healing Wish allows Latias to rejuvenate Feraligatr if it does mess up on its first sweep attempt.

Next, I feel as if Spikes and Toxic spikes are rather redundant on Scolipede. This team is easily threatened by spinners such as Air Balloon Excadrill, as well as many of the common defoggers out there, and those precious hazards could be easily taken away. If you want, keep Spikes, but I don't think Toxic Spikes is necessary; perhaps change that up to Poison Jab to take out bulky fairy types, or Protect to make sure you get speed boosts. I would suggest Substitute, but after the Baton Pass clause changes I'm not sure whether Subs can be passed along with speed; I'll have to check on that.

Finally, if you really are going to rely on Scolipede's Speed Boost for late game sweeping, Dragon Dance is somewhat redundant; and Feraligatr simply doesn't have the raw power to sweep even with +1 if defensive pokemon remain. Try Swords Dance instead, as it'll allow Fera to get many more OHKOs after hazards, and you'll get at least +2 speed from Scolipede if played right.
Thanks for your advice, you have good that point both spikes and toxic spikes were redudant, I will try to change toxic spikes to protect, and SD Gatr seems really strong.

By the way, I really appreciated if you import the Latias set to replace Clefable.

I presume he means this latias set :
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)