Pokémon Feraligatr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see this thing being very effective. just sticking pokemon like keldeo or azumarill in front of it deadwall it, not to mention the bulky waters that inhabit OU wall it with ease. The only use i see for it in OU is SD to wear down walls for other sweepers. Please stop trying to make special feraligatr a thing, thats terrible. Everyteam will carry a stop to this, offense, balance, stall, they all have common pokemon, and probably more than one of them on teams that just deadwall it.
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 156-183 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 172-203 (42.8 - 50.6%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So much for deadwalling.

I feel like the biggest threats are Rotom, Ferrothorn, and Mega Venusaur, so Lati@s would be a good partner. Latias more so in my opinion due to Healing Wish.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 156-183 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 172-203 (42.8 - 50.6%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So much for deadwalling.

I feel like the biggest threats are Rotom, Ferrothorn, and Mega Venusaur, so Lati@s would be a good partner. Latias more so in my opinion due to Healing Wish.
those calcs give me hope and joy and hype for the existence of gataaaarrrrr
Rotom doesn't always wall him, though:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 135-160 (44.5 - 52.8%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
If he's Chesto berry then the 2HKO is guaranteed.
Of course, if Gatr's EQ, then yeah...
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 101-120 (33.3 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
And then there's SDef...
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 179-212 (58.8 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
And there's SDef with EarthGatr...
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 134-159 (44 - 52.3%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So, soft check.

It is slightly bulkier and faster than Crawdaunt, but otherwise it is completely outclassed. No secondary STAB, a weaker Water STAB and both have access to priority.

It has a stonger Fighting coverage move, but Feraligatr has a 49% chance of hitting Focus Blast twice.

It is slightly bulkier and faster than Crawdaunt, but otherwise it is completely outclassed. No secondary STAB, a weaker Water STAB and both have access to priority.

It has a stonger Fighting coverage move, but Feraligatr has a 49% chance of hitting Focus Blast twice.
More speed and no LO recoil sounds pretty attractive. Being able to outspeed positive nature 115s at +1 sounds fantastic as long as it gets a chance to set up.

Mega Manectric + Gatr also sounds cool, mega man dealing with Skarm, Ferro, and weakening Rotom-W, while also getting momentum and weakening stuff with volt switch. Then you can bring in SD gatr to sweep, once you get an SD up.

sarcasm is noted sir. No need to imply any further

Sir, both can use superpower for coverage. why would u use Focus miss in the first place.

Mega Manectric + Gatr also sounds cool, mega man dealing with Skarm, Ferro, and weakening Rotom-W, while also getting momentum and weakening stuff with volt switch. Then you can bring in SD gatr to sweep, once you get an SD up.
Wouldn't Magnezone be better for this? It traps Skarm and Ferro, does okay to Rotom-W (I think) and has volt switch as well. You don't need to use up a mega for that, right?
Maybe you'd use it for its speed, but then again, theres scarf magnezone. But Specs Zone could be better for slower volt switches to get Gatr in safely, right?

How is it completely outclassed when you said that it is bulkier and faster? That's the point, since Crawdaunt is too slow and frail to run a DD set and is better off wallbreaking. Even then, Feraligatr has an easier time getting off a SD because of the bulk. The damage difference also becomes very minimal once Feraligatr gets to +1.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 261-308 (87.8 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 268-317 (90.2 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

I dunno, I think GatrDos sounds better.
I agree with GatrDos, but how about Gatorade? It's sorta missing out on including Gyarados but it's more catchy at least.

Also I was thinking and SD Lum Berry Garchomp seems like it could be a good partner for DD Feraligatr. It brings in Rotom-W and Ferrorthorn and overpowers them while also being good against slower bulkier teams. Swords Dance, Outrage/Dragon Claw, and Earthquake are obvious and the 4th move would come down to Stone Edge, Fire Blast (if you really want to guarantee taking out Ferro), or Stealth Rock.

imo gatrzone or gatrtelle for hp fire could be a tasty core, so you could try something silly like iron tail over _fighting move x_ to bop azu's dreams of walling you, or like sleep talk or ice punch i guess.

edit for calcs because convincing

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Iron Tail vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 286-337 (71.3 - 84%)

what counter lol

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 299-354 (78.2 - 92.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 374-442 (97.9 - 115.7%)

not that lando can do anything back but slow u-turn into thing that can kill you after u-turn damage

edit 2 im stupid return and eq are 2hkoes on azumarill i forgot it learned non sheer force boosted moves

Last edited:
How is it completely outclassed when you said that it is bulkier and faster? That's the point, since Crawdaunt is too slow and frail to run a DD set and is better off wallbreaking. Even then, Feraligatr has an easier time getting off a SD because of the bulk. The damage difference also becomes very minimal once Feraligatr gets to +1.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 261-308 (87.8 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 268-317 (90.2 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
The damage difference between Feebas and Crawdaunt also becomes minimal, when Feebas gets to +6.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Feebas Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 243-289 (81.8 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Crawdaunt can use Swords Dance and Dragon Dance, just like Feraligatr. All your calcs have shown is that Crawdaunt is 50% stronger than Feraligatr.

sarcasm is noted sir. No need to imply any further

Sir, both can use superpower for coverage. why would u use Focus miss in the first place.
Because Superpower on Feraligatr is unable to 2HKO Ferrothorn, its main targst.

The damage difference between Feebas and Crawdaunt also becomes minimal, when Feebas gets to +6.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Feebas Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 243-289 (81.8 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Crawdaunt can use Swords Dance and Dragon Dance, just like Feraligatr. All your calcs have shown is that Crawdaunt is 50% stronger than Feraligatr.

Because Superpower on Feraligatr is unable to 2HKO Ferrothorn, its main targst.
ya but gatr nich over daunt is it can ddance easier and more effectively. since it wont get out sped by unboosted things like craw would after one dd....also more bulk, less weaknesses..no recoil.... are other +'s to gatr.

Crawdaunt's dragon dance set is rather horrible imo. It has really bad speed, and still fails to outspeed lots of stuff even at +1. It's best and only viable set is the SD wallbreaker set, as SD + Adaptability allows it to hit really hard. As a wallbreaker, it doesn't really need to outspeed that much stuff, so dragon dance isn't as important. Crawdaunt shouldn't be trying to sweep; it's too slow to do so. It's supposed to break down walls, and it does a good job at that. However, it is very frail and has a rather meh defensive typing, so it's hard for it to get up more than 1 swords dance. This isn't really the case for feraligatr. It's good bulk allows it to easily take neutral hits, and even some super effective hits.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 246-290 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Magnezone Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 270-318 (86.5 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

This allows it to get up more ddances / swords dances, meaning that it's overall damage output is in fact, not too shabby. Gatr can run many viable sets, a double dance set, which allows it to beat HO with agility, and stall with SD; a simple SD set turns it into a very scary wallbreaker, and a dragon dance set turns it into a powerful alligator that is capable of sweeping teams with ease. Crawdaunt is a wallbreaker, of course it's stronger than feraligatr. However, gatr can beat both stall and HO, gatr has better bulk, and therefore, is not outclassed by crawdaunt.

Crawdaunt's dragon dance set is rather horrible imo. It has really bad speed, and still fails to outspeed lots of stuff even at +1. It's best and only viable set is the SD wallbreaker set, as SD + Adaptability allows it to hit really hard. As a wallbreaker, it doesn't really need to outspeed that much stuff, so dragon dance isn't as important. Crawdaunt shouldn't be trying to sweep; it's too slow to do so. It's supposed to break down walls, and it does a good job at that. However, it is very frail and has a rather meh defensive typing, so it's hard for it to get up more than 1 swords dance. This isn't really the case for feraligatr. It's good bulk allows it to easily take neutral hits, and even some super effective hits.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 246-290 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Magnezone Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 270-318 (86.5 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

This allows it to get up more ddances / swords dances, meaning that it's overall damage output is in fact, not too shabby. Gatr can run many viable sets, a double dance set, which allows it to beat HO with agility, and stall with SD; a simple SD set turns it into a very scary wallbreaker, and a dragon dance set turns it into a powerful alligator that is capable of sweeping teams with ease. Crawdaunt is a wallbreaker, of course it's stronger than feraligatr. However, gatr can beat both stall and HO, gatr has better bulk, and therefore, is not outclassed by crawdaunt.
I'll agree that Feraligatr is a better sweeper, but is Feraligatr's sweeping set outclassed in OU? It competes not only with other double dance or Dragon Dance users, but the various Shell Smashing Water types chilling in NU. It's why I focused on its wallbreaking power.

I'll agree that Feraligatr is a better sweeper, but is Feraligatr's sweeping set outclassed in OU? It competes not only with other double dance or Dragon Dance users, but the various Shell Smashing Water types chilling in NU. It's why I focused on its wallbreaking power.
This has been gone over many, many times. The advantages of Feraligatr over the closest comparison, Gyarados, is the far better initial power and much different coverage pool. This alone makes it worthy of a choice.
Don't even bring up Pokémon from NU that are nowhere near viable. Shell Smash is awful in OU with only a couple Pokémon that are viable users, and even then their placement on the viability rankings is questionable.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
omg this thing wrecks, don't know what this people are talking about. While i love crawdaunt, how can you say that it outclasses gatr? gatr is quite bulky, fast enough to run dd and even if it misses a secondary powerful STAB move it has a good coverage movepool to back it up. Of course crawdaunt has no comparisons in terms of wallbreaking, but it has like 0 chances to land off a SD or a dd (i don't even know why people use this) since you'll hardly force a switch with crawdaunt especially vs offense because it has almost no safe switches and is frail enough to get crippled by any decently strong neutral move, so people often prefer to sac a mon but damaging craw in the process; on the other hand feraligatr is bulky enough to tank hits, also boasting a better defensive typing, and can much more easily dance both with dd or sd, destroying offense and balance with the former and wallbreaking with the latter.
About it's viability as a ddancer, i honestly think the only really good ddancer in OU is mega gyara (nite to some extent, but i don't like it tbh) which is outclassed by gatr in some aspects like kurona said of the initial power or the fact that it doesn't take the mega slot; double dancers are reaaally rare and they don't compete with gatr as they do a slightly different job. i don't even talk about shell smashers lol.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Question what set would be your preference for the particular core? I used a similar core of m-gyarados, serperior and talon to much success, so GatrDD should work in a similar manor.
i would say SD set in this case as you need wallbreaking power since the other two are pretty good at raping offense

Im thinking of feraligatr holding a lum berry is a good option because when I played sheer force Gatr on a server that had the hidden abilities for all of the mons my feraligatr was at the mercy to status effects and most of them was from scald or priority bullshit. with sheer force he already has a free life orb with some of his moves so having a lum berry will essentially give him two different items. I had a moxie gyrados with lum berry and he was solid with it. what do you guys think?

Nah, I think life orb is the way to go. Without a life orb, it hits weaker than mega gyarados. One of it's main pros over gyarados was the the fact that it had better initial power, and although lum allows it to dodge status, it loses one of it's assets over mega gyarados.
I guess lum berry is okay with SD, as you can beat mega sableye with it, but I probably wouldn't use it on dd sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)