Ubers Ferrothorn [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

Is Ferrothorn only limited to the Uber tier now and cannot be used in OU for XY? Or is this just an analysis purely for the Uber tier and not it's OU analysis?

Reactions: Muk

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
I know this is finished, but I feel like you kinda throw out Anticipation as an option. Yeah Iron Barbs is more consistent and reliable, but Ferrothorn intensely dislikes switching in on unknown Giratina and Palkia and Xerneas etc, as Fire Blast and HP Fire can nail the durian - Protect can't always save you, and you can be played if the opponent is smart and doesn't Fire Blast/etc into an obvious Protect, not to mention that obvious Protects lead to free switches. I think you should give it more than one line in OO, and - maybe - even a mention in each set. This is my personal opinion though, I started getting tired of HP Fires from the most random things on the ladder so i started using Anticipation.

It also helps against Overheat Extremekiller (you really don't want to protect against this), Superpower Scizor, and other various Fighting moves on stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)