Fidgit Analysis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking, and I'd like to restate my advice.
What if we split the first set into two sets, one with priority-altering moves (Tailwind and Trick Room) while the other has Gravity.
The first one can be left alone other than removing Gravity.
The moveset including Gravity would look something like this:

-Gravity
-Earth Power
-Wish
-Filler
252HP/ 4DEF/ 252SPE
Timid

On its own, Fidgit can do more damage with Earth Power than Earthquake as stated before. Plus, Fidgit can hit the Pokemon like Skarmory for a lot higher damage. U-Turn isn't exactly necessary on this set, as Fidgit's prime focus is getting certain Flying-type/Levitating Pokemon grounded.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Man I missed this =( I wanted to do this, but I went to Florida as Sunday knows. Anyways, I have a set to suggest. This set will play a lot like Togekiss's Encore Supporter set. I love that set a ton, and its a really great team supporter.

Fidgit@Lefties
~Encore
~Wish
~U-Turn
~Earth Power/Earthquake
212 Hp/ 44 SpD/ 252 Speed
Timid/Jolly
Vital Spirit

I'll write the discription later.

At the same time, it doesn't have much in the way of offense and lacks reliable healing, but those flaws are very easily overlooked once the amount of support Fidgit can provide becomes apparent
I usually only use "it lacks reliable healing" if it needs to use Rest or Moonlight/Synthesis/Morning Sun. However, Fidgit has Wish, which I find better on its own than aforementioned lame recovery moves. So you might want to reword that a bit.

In addition to that, Protect should be mentioned somewhere, as it works very well in conjunction with Wish (as Blissey and Vaporeon showed us). In most instances it's pretty much Recover + being able to scout + extra Leftovers recovery (how awesome, this thing is immune to Sand Stream) - possibility of opponent switching/setting up during Protect.

Also I changed Steath Rock -> Stealth Rock.

Good job on this one, Sunday.

Adding on to what Mekkah said about Protect, Fidgit is also immune to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, both of which fuck up Wish+Protect!

I wonder how this would survive...

Uber-git

Fidgit@Leftovers
Persistent/Vital Spirit
Timid: 193HP, 65SDF, 252SPE

Earth Power
Hidden Power
Shadow Ball
Utility Move

OK, Timid and 252 EVs to SPE allow Fidgit to outspeed Garchomp, and if it can do that, then it can outspeed almost all Uber-compatible PKMN (one of only a few exceptions being Dugtrio), so that's a start. Leftovers, 193 EVs to HP and 65 EVs to SDF increase bulk, as most Ubers are special attackers. I'm not sure if Hypnosis/Spore/w/e is common or not in Uber combat, so Vital Spirit remains an option over Persistant.

Earth Power = STAB, and deals with most of the Steels. Hidden Power is Ice, and deals with the abundance of Dragons, while Shadow Ball deals with the abundance of Psychics. The Utility move can be anything: Gravity adds Bronzong and Skamory to the list of disposable Steels, in case neither Shadow Ball nor HP Ice (respectively) are enough to deal with them, Toxic ruins walling potentials, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock prove as entry hazards, Rapid Spin gets rid of them, Knock Off stops item use, Wish heals itself and/or anyone else that jumps into the fray, Reflect/Light Screen improve defenses and Safeguard stops Toxic and other stuff from being a problem to the others.

Any thoughts?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well for one, those EVs plain suck. The Hp and SpD should be divisible by 4.
Second, 252 Hp is more efficient, but you could also use 212 Hp 44 SpD if you wish. Last, an uber set in general isn't needed, since almost nobody plays ubers on the CAP server because there isn't a ladder.

That being said, I'm going to fix up my first set.

Name: Encore Supporter
Move 1: Encore
Move 2: Wish
Move 3: Earth Power
Move 4: U-turn/Sludge Bomb/HP Ice
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid

<p> This set plays very similarly to Togekiss's Encore Supporter set. Simply switch into a support or set up move and Encore it. Just don't Encore Dragon Dance on Gyarados since it will outspeed and kill you before you Encore it. Once you use Encore, Wish on the switch. Then, U-turn out to a counter. If you feel you don't need U-turn, use Sludge Bomb instead for STAB, or Hp Ice for coverage.</p>

In addition to that, Protect should be mentioned somewhere, as it works very well in conjunction with Wish (as Blissey and Vaporeon showed us). In most instances it's pretty much Recover + being able to scout + extra Leftovers recovery (how awesome, this thing is immune to Sand Stream) - possibility of opponent switching/setting up during Protect.
Protect is already mentioned in other options, but you're right, I'll reword it.

Simply switch into a support or set up move and Encore it. Just don't Encore Dragon Dance on Gyarados since it will outspeed and kill you before you Encore it.
Wouldn't this hold true for any Dragon Dancer? (granted Gyarados is the main one that carries super-effective STAB but most others carry EQ at least and outspeed Fidgit).

Anyways, the one thing I've found from using Fidgit so far (from one short battle) is that support moves are generally a whole lot more useful on it than attacking moves (U-turn essentially counts as a support move), so it might be better off with U-Turn/Earth Power in the last slot and another support move. Looks good other than that, though.

I still don't really see the need to split the first set up, though. U-turn is something you'll want for all three moves, as Fidgit isn't going to sweep anything even if suddenly it can hit floaty steels or it has over 600 speed; it's going to be letting something else take advantage of the field move. The last two slots are fairly interchangable, but it's not as though any moves have a huge advantage over the others on any given set.

I feel like the moves in the first move slot of the Persistent moveset should go Gravity / Tailwind / Trick Room, because that's how they'd be ordered from least novel to most off the wall.
Actually, I'd say that Trick Room is probably the most viable of the 3, though it's a toss-up between Tailwind and Gravity. Then again, to be honest I haven't used Fidgit to set any of them up; if there's any change that needs to be made to the order, it can probably be done once Fidgit's main sets are a bit better defined.

tennisace

I've been playing around with EV's for a while, and I have to say that if you want a bulky spread, Go with 252 HP/216 SpD/40 SpE Timid. This gives you almost equal defenses, and allows you to hit 281 speed, outspeeding the plethora of odd things that sit at 280. It should at least be another option in the EV spread. Also, Bass made one similar that hit 305 Speed. I can't remember the exact EVs.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fishin,

I have opened the Strategy Pokedex sticky so we can make a real entry for Fidgit. Since you are the owner of the Fidgit strategy, add a post to the sticky for the Fidgit Strategy analysis. After you do that, Sunday or I can update the index and clean up the Fidgit pokedex entry. When you need to update the strategy analysis later, you can edit the post.

We need to get an analysis in the sticky, now that Fidgit is in playtesting.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: Double Screen
Move 1: Reflect
Move 2: Light Screen
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Stealth Rock
Ability: Persistant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This takes the place of Deoxys-S. This set works great at any point in the game. As a lead, Taunt shuts down many common Stealth Rock layers, and after that, you're free to do what you want. Reflect and Light Screen effectivly double your defenses, which ensure as long as you get the first screen up, you won't be OHKO'd by anything. This gives great support to Baton Passers, or stat-up pokemon. Stealth Rock is there to use if you have time to set it up.</p>

The comments are bad, but the set is pretty self explanitory. If anyone has played the standard game recently, they know about the Double Screen Deoxys scare. This set is the same thing, although a bit slower, with better defenses.

tennisace

The only problem I see with that set is that Deoxys-E, Aerodactyl, and Azelf shut it down with Taunt, whereas Deoxys-E doesn't have that problem of being outsped. That being said, Taunt Deoxys and suicide leads in general aren't common at all in the CaP server.

[SET]
name: Double Screen
Move 1: Reflect
Move 2: Light Screen
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Stealth Rock
Ability: Persistant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
ummmm, i dont think SpA helps on this set, perhaps you meant Spd?

Also what if that's your last pokemon on the team in the battle, what are you going to do then? You should at least put on one attack.

tennisace

Also what if that's your last pokemon on the team in the battle, what are you going to do then? You should at least put on one attack.
You struggle and wait to die. The point of it is to be a suicide lead, and after setting it up, sacrificing it early to get in a frail sweeper. It's not meant to be saved.

alright, posted the current analysis in the sticky with the Encore Supporter and Double Screen sets added (with a few small changes to each, like Persistent to VS on DS Fidgit since Persistent doesn't work for the screens) and the different EV spread added.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ummmm, i dont think SpA helps on this set, perhaps you meant Spd?
Speed, yeah. Typo.

It's not going to be your last pokemon. Double Screens are used early to mid game to set up the rest of your team. If it's your last pokemon, then you lost anyways.

The only problem I see with that set is that Deoxys-E, Aerodactyl, and Azelf shut it down with Taunt, whereas Deoxys-E doesn't have that problem of being outsped. That being said, Taunt Deoxys and suicide leads in general aren't common at all in the CaP server.
I'm assuming (hoping) that Deoxys-S will be made uber, in which case this is the fastest pokemon capable of using all 4 of these attacks. Not to mention that you don't HAVE to lead with it.

omg best lead ever!

idk y no one uses it that way but hes perfect!
imune to sleep and twave, gets all forms of spikes including stealth rock, lightscreen and reflect. And hes fast! i run:

timid
leftovers
252 speed, 126 hp, 128 def
toxic spikes
light screen
spikes
knock off

tennisace

omg best lead ever!

idk y no one uses it that way but hes perfect!
imune to sleep and twave, gets all forms of spikes including stealth rock, lightscreen and reflect. And hes fast! i run:

timid
leftovers
252 speed, 126 hp, 128 def
toxic spikes
light screen
spikes
knock off
First of all, those are horrible EVs. 252 Hp/4 Def/252 Speed Timid. Second, please fix your format and grammar. Nobody is going to take you seriously iff u spel liek thiz. Third, I really can't see this as a viable set. It's like you took the Spiker set and threw on Knock Off. It's not that good.

tennisace

I think a specs set is in order, after testing it, it works quite well in conjunction with Jirachi and a Specsmence.

[Set]
Name: Finicky Fidgit
Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Sludge Bomb
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Hp Ice/Hp Electric
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
Evs: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe

[Set Comments]
<p>What Fidgit lacks in firepower, it makes up with its superb defenses. This is one of the more sturdy Choice users you will find. Earth Power and Sludge Bomb are for STAB, while Shadow Ball is for Ghosts you may encounter, and Hidden Power Ice is for the Dragons who would normally wall you. If you want to suprise enemy Gyarados who think they can set up on you, use Hp Electric, but if it doesn't KO, get out of there fast. </p>

<p> There aren't many other options for this set, but the most notable is Energy Ball, who would hit Swampert hard. You could also go Modest and equip a Choice Scarf to outspeed most of the metagame, up to but not including Modest ScarfGar.</p>

lol Tennis, do you even need HP Ele if Sludge Bomb 2HKO's? They'll know something's up if you switch into them. and I don't think it has enough fire Power for Scarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)