Fifth Gen Full Offensive Rain

-Building Phase

The Rain has just one ability setter in OU, Politoed.

Politoed is weak against Grass and Electric moves but the biggest problem are Electric pokemons and to absorb electric attacks no one is best than Thundurus-T

A Rain Team need a decent abusers...Azumarill is almost never used on rain team but he is a very good pokemon. With Aqua Jet (Priority) + STAB + Choice Band + Rain is clean ohko on almost every pokemon that doesen't resist to water attacks. Waterfall is 2HKO on Skarmory and Rotom-W. And he is also covered by Thundurus-T

I decided to put Tornadus-T on the team just because he can abuse the rain with Hurricane but he isn't so great as i thought...

Next on team is Jirachi with Body Slam + Iron Head. A letal combination. He also helps on countering fast threats.

There's no much to say. It's the team's Rapid Spinner. Sometimes burns with scald and this helps against phisical threats.

Accurate Description

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / Hp
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

The first idea was a scarfed Politoed but this is an All Offensive rain team so there's no place for the scarf. I prefered the specs...with Politoed specsed i just need to predict a little bit. Hydro Pump is 2HKO on Rotom-W.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 HP / 136 Atk / 224 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- Body Slam

Body Slam to paralaize the opponent and Iron Head o make him flich thanks mainly to Serene Grace. With this combination the opponent has just 30% chances to hit. Thunder is to abuse the rain.

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 166 HP / 252 SAtk / 92 Spd
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave

With 300 Speed and the boost of Agility Tornadus-T reaches a speed of 600 and it's almost impossible to outspeed him. Hurricane makes the opponent confused. Hidden Power Fire and Sludge Wave are for coverage. Life Orb powers up his moves and makes him more dangerous.

Azuma (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Superpower

This is a monster...With Huge Power and the Choice Band he reaches an attack equal to 654. Aqua Jet is a priority stabbed powered up also by the rain. If i can predict a switch out and use Waterfall, whatever my opponent sends it's OHKO guaranteed.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Agility
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

As Tornadus, with Agility reaches a speed of 600. Thunder main STAB Hidden Power Ice is for Gliscor and Focus Blast for coverage.

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rapid Spinner. Burns sometimes with Scald and set he Toxic Spikes. With Rain Dish + Leftover recovers something like 20% of his health each turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As every Full Offensive team, this rain suffers all the stall teams. I was thinking to use a Gliscor with a particular set anti stall to have at least something against stall.
I'm sorry for my bad english...

Mmh...
1) Volcarona / Jolteon / Thundurus / Staraptor / Landorus / Landorus-T / Gliscor / Honchckrow / Terrakion / Riolu takes clean ohko from Azumarill's Aqua Jet
2) Ferrothorn / Blissey / Honchckrow / Metagross / Riolu / Snorlax takes OHKO from Azumarill's Superpower
3) Almost everyone takes OHKO from Politoed's Hydro Pump
4) Thundurus-T's HP Ice hurts a lot Mence...sometimes is OHKO. After HP Ice i can send Azumarill with Aqua Jet
5) The real treaths are Starmie, Keldeo and maybe some Trick Room team.

This is a pretty nice team but there are a few things I would suggest doing.

Firstly, you do not need 2 60% paralysing moves on Jirachi. I would suggest changing Body Slam to Water Pulse because Thunder can abuse the rain that you have set up. With this, you have a 60% chance to confuse the opponent as well a paralyse it and make it flinch, meaning the opponent nearly never gets a chance to hit. Water Pulse also gets a rain boost.

Secondly, I suggest changing your Thundurus-T from a life orb variant to a choice scarf and changing agility to grass knot to counter bulky waters like Gastrodon that can take your other moves and just recover. It also stops you having to set up.

Who do you have for hazard setting and general bulk? Tentacruel can take special hits but what about if you come up against a physical attacker? And toxic spikes is not a very good hazard for HO teams. You need to abuse spikes to be able to keep the pressure on the opposing team. For this reason I suggest changing Tornadus-T to Forretress to set up Spikes and SR. Your Tornadus is not doing much else than exactly what Thunudrus is doing so there is not as much use for it. I have listed Volt Switch as forretress' attacking move as it can give you momentum, something which allows you to force switches and keep the pressure on the opposing team. This is essential for a HO team.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

- Stealth Rock

Lastly, the evs on your Tenta are not completely effective. Even if you meant 240 SpAtk you should really be running a spread of 252 HP / 180 SpDef / 60 Def / 16 Spe to make the most of Tenta's special bulk and make a fairly solid core with Forry.

Changes

Jirachi - Body Slam---->Water Pulse
Thundurus-T - Life Orb ---->Choice Scarf and Agility---->Grass Knot
Tornadus-T---->Forretress
Tentacruel - 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd---->252 HP / 180 SpDef / 60 Def / 16 Spe

I hope you liked the rate!

Youre only soaker to jolteon besides jirachi is thundurus. Youre going for full offense but toxic spikes is far less beneficial on a team with no real walls. Toxic Spikes only benefits to some extebt while stealth rock is superior for hazard damage. To top it off a ghost pokemon to block spins would be an excellent choice seeing as how youre spinner pretty frail and it going against a special wall may cripple your team.

Jirachi may have serene gracr for a paraflinch set but no support like dragonite or ferrothorn for paralysis/hazard support. You suffer from paraflinch and special walls terribly. Azumarill isnt the best wall breaker around and a team with a solid defensive core can hurt you terribly. the idea is good but think about a defensive corr of your own to compliment your offense. you have a lot of options for defensento support your offense because jirachi can be replaced and so can tentacruel for better walls and spinners in general.

Well built sand and drought teams and weatherless team will pose a problem. Consider some walls and different hazards.

Thundurus benefits more from a 252 satk / 252 spd and agility ppintless when he putspeeds almost evrruone but scarfers really.

Thundurus therian @ life orb
252 SPD / 252 SPATK
U Turn
Hurricane
Heat wave / grass knot
Hidden Power Ice

Thundurus therian @ life orb
Same EVs
Nasty plot
Grass knot
Thunder
Hidden Power Ice

Jirachi @ leftovers
220 hp / 252 spdef / 32 spd
Wish
Body slam / thunder
Iron head
- fill in with what you need

Sorry the riolu isnt a threat lol. Seriously consider two walls, a differrnt spinner, and possibly a change in offense. Stealth rock>tspikes

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

I think that your team is nice except it'll need a lot of work to work better. First off all, your three Water resists, Azumarill, Tentacruel and Politoed, get absolutely destroyed by Electric attacks, which means that Starmie and Rotom-W can heavily threaten your team. Starmie in particular outspeeds everything on your team and hit it hard with Hydro Pump and Thunder in rain, leaving you open to its sweep rather easily. Rotom-W will heavily damage everything on this team, but you can check it to an extent by playing smart with Thundurus-T, but that's easy to predict which means you have good chances to get pummeled by Hydro Pump. You also lack some crucial entry hazard support, as without Stealth Rock, you will have a much harder time against flying foes such as Dragonite, Salamence, and Volcarona. It also makes it easier to deal with enemy Weather starters, such as Tyranitar and Ninetales. You also lack something that can take Outrages from powerful Choice Banded Dragons, like Dragonite and Haxorus, who can take a kill extremely easily just by clicking Outrage. Jirachi is fine to tank Draco Meteor abusers but it just doesn't have the physical bulk to take CB Outrages, and if you face a team with many Dragons the match up will be tough. I'd heavily suggest switching your Thundurus-T out for a Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn can do all of this for you. It resists both Water and Electric thanks to its Grass typing. It has excellent bulk. It can set up Stealth Rock, and lastly, it will be able to take Outrages and serve as an other Dragon resist. Honestly I think that Ferrothorn fixes so many weaknesses of this team that it's too good to pass up.

Your team still lacks some Speed, something that will outspeed most threats etc. Honestly I think that you need to revamp your Tornadus-T set. It's just done much better by other stuff than Tornadus-T which will be able to do better with other sets. The classic LO set is extremely useful for this. With its blazing base 121 Speed, you don't need to use Agility to outspeed most threats as Tornadus-T's natural Speed is over nearly all of OU, with the exception of Jolteon. Hurricane can 2HKO pretty much anything anyway, with the rest being dealt with by Superpower. Tornadus-T will also be able to give your team some momentum with U-turn which will be more than useful.

Jirachi doesn't need both Thunder and Body Slam. Just using Body Slam is fine as Thunder's best use is against Gengar, which can't really touuch you anyway. Body Slam, on the other hand, handles the extremely threatening Thundurus-T which you cannot paralyze with Thunder. I think that the Attack investment is actually pretty useless since Jirachi's main goal is more to tank Special Moves than just kill things with Iron Head, which it can do without Attack investment anyway. I'd suggest you use the classic Specially Defensive set, as it will allow Jirachi to take hits much better. Wish allows it to heal itself and teammates, which is useful as it is the main defensive backbone of this team.

Lastly, you can use different moves on Politoed. Hidden Power Dark has incredibly bad coverage with your other moves, has other Hidden Powers can hit the stuff it hits (Jellicent) as well as other stuff. Hidden Power Grass seems to be the perfect replacement. It allows Politoed to hit Gastrodon for huge damage, as well as hitting Jellicent as hard as HP Dark. Psychic is cool for Toxicroak, but Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn, a much more dangerous threat, which is going to make Tentacruel's life like hell. It deals pretty enourmous damage to it, if it hits of course.

And yeah, the 240 Atk EVs on Tentacruel should go to defense, but I assume it's just a typo.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Here are the sets you should use:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
~Gyro Ball
~Leech Seed
~Stealth Rock
~Power Whip

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Hurricane
~Superpower
~U-turn
~Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
~Iron Head
~Body Slam
~Wish
~Protect

Good luck!

Oh look, another rain team! *rolls eyes*

okay, just kidding. Main thing I suggest, get rid of hidden power dark for grass on the toed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)