Fighting Water with Water (and Fiery Sand)

The basis of this is an "alternative" sun team. Sun is easily countered by sand and rain so I am using that to my advantage by playing rain and sand at their own game. This is probably the only time you see Kingdra and Excadrill on a sun team ever.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Taunt

It's an SD Gliscor, what more do you want to know? This has nothing to do with sand by the way. However, it can beat Ttar and even Toed after an SD when the opponent is not scarfed. I used to have Ice Fang in the third slot, but then Ice became so much less important thanks to the Chomp ban. The Taunt is to annoy Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and SR leads.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute

My anti-rain teamer. Kingdra can work well outside of enemy weather thanks to DD and Outrage. I chose Kingdra because it is a rain support that does not require rain. It can have a "Garchomp role" as a dragon dancer. Well, I got this moveset off of Smogon when I chose Kingdra, and I have yet to use Substitute.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Exca deals with sand. Of course, Exca is functional outside of sand, but it fears opposing fire moves. As it is meant to counter Tyranitar, I have included a Balloon and Rapid Spin to stop SR dangers. I was thinking of maybe including Landorus here instead of Exca, because a) Landorus works better outside of the sand and b) it's Flying so it eliminates the need for a balloon.

Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

And when the opposing weather is eliminated (or after Kingdra's finished if there is no opposing weather) then my own weather setter comes in. It's an NP Ninetales. I considered Hypnosis but Venusaur has Sleep Powder.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sleep Powder, Growth for a bit, sweep. Hax-prone, but deadly if I pull it off in guaranteed sun. The tactic is quite hard to pull off and fails miserably if a Sleep Powder misses. HP Fire is there as coverage.

Entei @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Yes, E-N-TE-I. I will never make a team without Entei, even an Uber one. It has better stats than Arc on everything but SpAtk and SpDef, and it has Flare Blitz. It's basically a bulkier, faster Darmanitan (although obviously with less ridiculo-attack). Flare Blitz is STAB, ES is priority (it has become Entei's most useful move), Stone Edge and Bulldoze are coverages. I am unsure about Bulldoze, and I am also considering scarfing Entei.

So there you have it.

P.S. I used this team to beat reyscarface 6-4.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Your team is ok...

Your team basically uses the opponents weather to your advantage. Although, if you don't stumble on a weather team, your entire teams strength is gone, Your descriptions are also kind of short. (For Example, Entei, you didn't explain move set, item, nature, effort values, or combonations you would like to achieve with it) More Description.

on a scale from 1-10 (one being the lowest) I rate this team a 6/10
You basically have to hope your opponent uses the weather, or otherwise all your power is gone. Also, a weather team is more structured to fit together. Your team is divided, so if you went out on a 6vs6 then your entire team is kinda easy pickings. Really need a lot of work ont his team :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)