Finnragetti vs. Coolking49 - Perfectly Normal Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, hello, hello, and to this incredibly normal battlefield, in which a normal battle is taking in a normal fashion. In fact, even I'm slightly more normal than usual. I'm still not very normal though.

I am Alchemator, your referee. I'm sitting here as usual cuddling Diana the Vulpix (or is she a Meowth now?). Let's take a look at the specifics of this match and arena!

Normal Finnragetti said:
Seeking Battle:
2 v 2 singles
DQ: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 uses of rest, 4 uses of non-100% healing recovery, unlimited chills
Arena: Whitney's Perfectly Normal Field

A completely flat normal field, capable of digging into. The arena is a 40' x 40' square with no barricades separating trainer from pokemon.

There is a universal effect:
All pokemon suffer from normalize. All moves hit for normal damage. Other than accounting for STAB, consider each pokemon to be normal types, i.e. No super-effective moves.
Normal Coolking49 said:
Switch=ko
no abilities
items enabled
My predictions for this match? Well it's certainly going to be extraordinary!

Wait...

Anyway, here is the order of operations:
1) Finnragetti, match seeker, sends out a Pokémon and names its item.
2) Coolking49, match challenger, sends out a Pokémon and names its item and orders attacks.
3) Finnragetti orders attacks.
4) I REFrain from failing, hopefully.

Ready?
FIGHT!

All right... go Trapinch.

Use dig to start, and after you hit him use Quick Attack. Now that you are close to him, use bite.

Alchemator

So here we are in Whitney's Perfectly Normal Field (though Whitney is nowhere to be seen...) and it's time to start this battle! Raring to go, FinnRagetti calls out his trust Rex, who is nibbling away at an Oran Berry.

(*)Zuruggu/Scraggy (Rex) (M)
Nature: Careful (Special Defense is raised by *, Special Attack is lowered by *)
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: ***
SpA: *(-)
SpD: ****(+)
Spe: 48
Actions: Fake Out ~ Drain Punch ~ Ice Punch

Snatching a Pokéball from his pocket, the forty-ninth king of cool brings out the king of cool in Pokémon - Trapinch! It doesn't seem to be holding anything though.

(*)Trapinch (F)
Nature: Quirky (N/A)
Stats:
Atk: ****
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: **
Spe: 10
Actions: Dig ~ Quick Attack ~ Bite

Ready?
Fight!

Rex the Scraggy seizes the initiative and delivers a punishing Fake Out, pushing the Trapinch back slightly. The speed and surprise of this attack causes Trapinch to flinch!

Hoping to continue his good start, Rex runs up to deliver a Drain Punch, but Trapinch is nowhere to be found. Noting the hole in the soil, Rex frantically looks around for any sign of Trapinch's location. Unfortunately for the Scraggy, her location is directly beneath, and she delivers a strong Dig attack!

Trapinch then scores a light hit with Quick Attack, and opens her jaws in preparation for her next attack. Rex is too quick, however, and knocks her away with an Ice Punch - it's a critical hit!

The battle has certainly started with a bang, with both combatants getting bashed about! Let's check how each Pokémon is holding up.

HP:
Energy: 91

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 71

What an extraordinary display of power on both sides - the gloves are certainly off right from the very start! It's impossible to predict which way this will go (as usual).

Finnragetti, it's your move.

Do'h. Forgot about my own field effects.

Drain Punch --> Dragon Dance --> Drain Punch

If he tries to Dig, Dragon Dance Away

Alchemator

The eagerly awaited round two of this incredible battle between the forty-ninth king of cool, coolking49, and Italian fish dish Finnragetti is about to begin! Let's have a quick recap of the two current Pokémon on the field.

Finnragetti OO

HP:

Coolking49 OO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 71

And we're off!

Rex, being the faster of the two, begins by slamming a Drain Punch into Trapinch, restoring 7HP! Visibly annoyed at having it's life force drained out of it, Trapinch slams into the ground to deliver a powerful Earthquake, flinging Rex away.

Using the distance to his advantage, Rex uses Dragon Dance before charging in with a Drain Punch. However, Trapinch is waiting for him and nabs his Oran Berry with Bug Bite, eating it immediately to restore 10HP!

Trapinch takes the Drain Punch head-on (which restores 7HP to Rex again) before retreating an firing up a Sand Tomb. It's rather weak though, since after all this is a field, not a desert.

So at the end of that round let's see how both combatants are faring!

HP:
Energy: 70
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Spe. Trapped in Sand Tomb! Needs a leg up.

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 54
Energy: 78

It's incredible! Both Pokémon are matching each other's power, and it's nail-bitingly close! Trapinch does have a slight lead energy-wise, but Rex has boosts under his belt. What could possible happen next?

coolking49, your orders please!

First off, if it uses drain punch, use dig to avoid it.

Meanwhile, use Sand Attack first, then Earthquake, and lastly, use faint attack if it tries to attack you, and Rock slide if it doesn't.

Sand Attack~EQ~Faint attack/Rock slide

maybe dig

Alchemator

After a perfectly normal delay due to perfectly normal situations, we're back in this perfectly normal field to witness this perfectly normal Pokémon battle. Did I mention that it's perfectly normal? Here are the combatants:

HP:
Energy: 70
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Spe. Trapped in Sand Tomb! Needs a leg up.

Actions: Drain Punch ~ Bulk Up ~ Drain Punch

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 54
Energy: 78
Actions: Sand Attack/Dig ~ Earthquake ~ Faint Attack/Rock Slide

With a Dragon Dance below his (constantly adjusted) belt, Rex begins with a tough Drain Punch - Trapinch isn't quite quick enough to escape it!

As Trapinch disappears into the earth, and as his previous boosts are wearing off, Rex tenses his muscles in an attempt to Bulk Up. However, no amount of showing off his biceps can stop Dig from still hitting him pretty hard from below.

Noting Rex's original trick, Trapinch is quick to fade away into the shadows. Despite it being a perfectly level and well-lit field, Rex can't seem to find his opponent anywhere! Trapinch finds Rex rather easily though, striking him in the back with Faint Attack.

So at the end of a round in which several blows were traded, here are the standings:
Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 50

coolking49 OO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 22
Energy: 69

Well it certainly seems that Trapinch was on the losing end of that exchange.

Finnragetti is up first!

Alchemator

I'm alive! Please note my sig to check when I'm going to ref - I never forget about these things, I just have to schedule them very specifically :P

As normal, some tough battling has been going on here - just look at all of the holes that Trapinch has had to dig, and looks at how much Rex is sweating! Actually, I'll pass on that last one... Here's a recap!

Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 50

Actions: Bulk Up ~ Drain Punch ~ Faint Attack

coolking49 OO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 22
Energy: 69
Actions: Dig ~ Earth Power ~ Earthquake

Tensing his muscles further, Rex begins with a Bulk Up. He lets out a little snigger as he wonders how much Trapinch will be ogling his muscles. However, when he opens his eyes there's nothing for him to use Drain Punch on...

That is until Trapinch once again erupts from the ground, catching Rex unawares - a critical hit! Hoping to follow up on her success, Trapinch lets off an Earth Power at the Scraggy. Unfortunately for our firefly-like friend (I guess?) Rex has already sneaked away into the shadows, jumping out and striking her with a Faint Attack.

Eager to get revenge, Trapinch fires off another Earthquake, which hits Rex for considerable damage!

So at the end of that round, here are the results:
Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 41

coolking49 OO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 7
Energy: 49

With a swift Dig and a timely critical hit, it seems that Trapinch came out the victor in terms of damage output, but it'll have to do a lot more to secure victory in this battle! What are its plans? Let's find out from coolking49!

OK trapinch, i dont want him to try to get any more boosts. Earthquake 3x. If he ever gets above +1 defense, use earth power instead.

Alchemator

It seems that this half of the battle is winding down! Let's take a breather for a recap.

Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 41
Actions: Hi Jump Kick ~ Drain Punch ~ Bulk Up

coolking49 OO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: 7
Energy: 49

It seems that such an epic battle has a decidely un-epic (?) ending, as Rex quickly dispatches of his gobsmacked foe with a precise Hi Jump Kick, conveniently avoiding an incoming Earthquake.

Trapinch has been KOed!
Rex has gained 1 KO counter!

Then Rex does nothing. He finishes this tough round with a Bulk Up.

Here are the results:
Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 28

coolking49 XO

(*)Trapinch (F)
HP: KO

Coolking49, please send out your next Pokémon and issue attacks!

My secret weapon! Go Beldum (who should resist all this stuff)!

Use iron defense, zen headbutt, and finally a normal headbutt.

Alchemator

At the minute it looks like Rex is into injury time against his opponent, but who will be ultimately injured is another question! Here is what coolking49 has called out next:

Beldum (genderless)
Nature: Brave (+Atk -Spe)

Types:
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 25

EC:0/6
MC: 0
DC:0/5

Abilities:

Clear Body: Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)

Light Metal:Type: Innate
The Pokemon's body is made of a lightweight but extremely strong alloy. It weighs half as much as other members of the species allowing it to attack more swiftly, but can take damage just as well and suffers only a minor degree more knockback. (DW - Not gotten yet)

Attacks:
Take Down
iron defense
headbutt
zen headbutt

A worthy foe indeed! Rex will surely find it difficult to combat that extensive movepool. Speaking of Rex, he's a recap on how he's doing:

Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 28
Actions: Bulk Up ~ Drain Punch ~ Fire Punch

Rex begins the match for the 999999999999999th time by using Bulk Up! I have to say, his muscles aren't as impressive as they have been in previous rounds, though they weren't exactly jaw-dropping to start with. In response, Beldum unleashes an Iron Defense!

Rex would have begun the next action aswell, but he courteously lets his opponent go first, confident that their attack would do nothing. However, Beldum's Zen Headbutt hits with a good force and - to add insult to injury - it also flinches Rex!

Enraged and slightly embarrassed, Rex sends Beldum reeling backward with Fire Punch, but his opponent is quick to recover and comes charging in with an ordinary - yet still pretty potent - Headbutt!

So at the end of that round, here's how things are looking:
Finnragetti OO

HP:
Energy: 16

coolking49 XO

Beldum (genderless)

HP: 82
Energy: 89

Could Rex's reign finally be coming to an end? What say you, coolking49?

Alchemator

It seems that the field is finally benefitting coolking49 and his team! Let's take a quick recap before all normality breaks loose.

Finnragetti OO

HP:

Actions: Drain Punch ~ Fire Punch ~

coolking49 XO

Beldum (genderless)

HP: 82
Energy: 89
Actions: Zen Headbutt ~ Headbutt ~ Iron Defense

Hoping to go down in a blaze of glory, Rex starts off with a fearsome Drain Punch, which manages to restore 4HP! Hey, every little helps in this kind of situation right? It looks like it really did help, as Rex - whose nature should really be Hardy - manages to survive Beldum's brutal Zen Headbutt.

Continuing his kamikaze rampage, Rex uses Fire Punch for some decent damage. However, he then falls to a well-placed Headbutt.

Rex has been KOed!
Beldum has gained 1 KO counter!

Beldum then celebrates by using Iron Defense.

And at the end of that round, here are the scores!
Finnragetti XO

HP: KO

coolking49 XO

Beldum (genderless)

HP: 58
Energy: 75

Even though he was defeated, it seems that Rex certainly left his mark!

Finnragetti, please send out your next Pokémon and attack.

Go Wylie

(*)Eevee (Wylie) (M)
Nature: Impish (Defense is raised by *, Special Attack is lowered by *)

Type: Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: **
Def: *** (+)
SpA: * (-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 55

Use Retaliation --> Quick Attack --> Retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)