Fire Emblem Game Announced for 3DS!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really not digging the art style on this one. The DS game wasn't too my liking but this seems to be another step in the wrong direction. Considering the last game wasn't even ported over I'm not sure about this one. Then again maybe the new art style will be more accepted in North America.

I still have a Radiant Dawn on hard save I wanted to keep playing but with school and other things it isn't likely.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with Layell that the art seems a bit funky (at least the battle animations), but hey its another Fire Emblem and that's awesome.

Hopefully I won't have to get it on ROM, like I did with the last Fire Emblem.

If so it would still probably be late 2012 though...

Will buy. Glad Fire Emblem isn't dead.

Saying that.. the actual battle scenes seem like it will just.. really drag the game on.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I squealed when I saw this thread. In the video, I think I saw a Cleric, two Cavaliers, a Mage and whoever the Lord is, but that's to be expected. The animations are enjoyable too. I really hope the lord is another Hector and not another Eliwood.

No more Eliwood...

I squealed when I saw this thread. In the video, I think I saw a Cleric, two Cavaliers, a Mage and whoever the Lord is, but that's to be expected. The animations are enjoyable too. I really hope the lord is another Hector and not another Eliwood.

No more Eliwood...

Another Hector or Ike would be nice. I agree with the "no more Eliwood" statement, and would like to add Lyndis and Marth to the list of things I don't want.

A lord that can hold it's own.. instead of having to be protected by more powerful beings would be nice.

Hector.. good times.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Ephraim also not on the list of lords who can solo just about everything? Probably the best unit of my FE8 run, if only he could promote earlier. Story promotes are the biggest pain in the ass.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
DEFINATELY NO MICAIAH AGAIN! **** SHE WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP ALIVE ON HARD MODE!
Except you shouldn't be putting Micaiah near anything that can even breathe on her? And Seraph Robe should go a long way for part one at least. It's the speed you should be worried about. With Seraph Robe and enough speed not to get doubled its easy. But Hard Mode is a joke anyways.

How about a lord that's not Eliwood but not Ike either (or god forbid My Unit). Would be nice.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A lord that can hold it's own.. instead of having to be protected by more powerful beings would be nice.
I really just want a balanced Lord. Eliwood was crap and Ike was just completely broken, so a good medium between those two would be nice. I thought Hector was pretty well handled until the end of the game, so more like him would be fine. Really though, I'm just hoping for a lord that doesn't use a "Traditional" means of fighting (like a druid lord or a nomad lord!) although from the trailer that appears to be unlikely.

Also I REALLY love the sprite art but I hate the battle animations. Fire Emblem should not be trying to do "realistic" imo. Radiant Dawn is the closest it should get, and on the 3DS paper mario style battle animations would have made amazing use of the 3D effect while still looking great.

Blazing sword was the one that made me fall in love with the series.....(Hector is the coolest ever! ) this one doesn't look that great imo, the artwork is quite weird to me too, and the animations are too damn long :/! Still though, might get a 3ds just for this... FE is the best!! :D

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
ugh……………

now ANOTHER reason I'll definitely have to get a 3DS. Gameplay looks fucking awesome though, having almost Radiant Dawn-esque gameplay and animation in the palm of my hands is pretty sick. I'll probably be way more delighted to actually play the game once I obtain it than I am now just thinking about it. /premature ecstasy

I think I'm gonna give this a little bump.... Let's just say that I hope they don't completely nerf pre-promotes like they did in Shadow Dragon.

Don't let me have to sacrifice characters. Please.

Edit: The Paladin in blue armour is clearly this game's Jeigan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)