~First competitive team~First post too:P~

Okay so....it's my first so don't expect too much...

As for tiers , i don't know much about tiers but the friend who helped me build up the walls on this team said it's designed for OU , but I don't know , anyway here we go.

Metagross@Occa Berry
252HP/236Atk/12Def/10Spe
=Adamant Nature=
-Clear body-
~Stealth Rock
~Bullet Punch
~Earthquake
~Explosion

Standard Metagross lead , Occa berry for support on any fire attacks , SR as a start and switch if needed , attack if possible or explode if it's a tough opponent

Salamence@Life Orb
80HP/176Spe/252SpA
=Rash Nature=
-Intimidate-
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Brick Break
~Stone Edge/Roost

MixMence ftw , basically start off with Draco meteor for awesome damage and STAB and then the other moves are just for support depending on whom I am fighting , I did have Roost to cover up for LO's damage but then a friend suggested Stone Edge because he is a sweep not a tank.

Togekiss@Leftovers
60HP/252Spe/198SpA
=Modest Nature=
-Serene Grace-
~Air Slash
~Thunder wave
~Aura Sphere
~Nasty Plot/Roost

Standard Togekiss basically T-wave as a start and then sweep with Air Slash/Aura Sphere and if I had a chance to Nasty Plot(If the opponent was stalling protect for example)I would , I was also thinking of Roost as a heal over Nasty Plot since Togekiss has high SpA anyway.

Heatran@Choice Scarf
6HP/252Spe/252SpA
=Rash Nature=
-Flash Fire-
~Earth Power
~Fire Blast
~HP Electric/HP Grass/HP Ice[For Ground/Dragon]
~Explosion

My choice'd pokemon , with his great special attack , even better~Basically use a move depending on the opponent's type , I could use him after i switch to explode against a tough opponent , as for HP I think that Electric would be better since I may fight Salamence/DD-Nite with EQ.

Snorlax@Leftovers
170HP/120Def/220SpD
=Careful Nature=
-Thick Fat-
~Body Slam
~Curse
~Fire Punch
~Rest

My Special Waller(Although he does have good Def but w/e) , nothing much to say I did Fire Punch over Crunch/EQ cause most people who see this guy switch out into Scizor/Heracross for Bullet Punch/Close Combat.

Slowbro@Leftovers
252HP/150Def/69SpA/39SpD
=Relaxed Nature=
-Own Tempo-
~Flamethrower
~Psychic
~Slack Off
~Toxic

My Physical Waller , I personally chose Flamethrower over Surf for Bug-types(especially Mega Horn Heracross) , Psychic for STAB , Slack Off for healing and Toxic for pokemon whom i can't damage considering Slowbro may be my last pokemon in battle.

Yeah ummm...not good but not bad...one thing to mention though is that this team is my team in Shoddy Battle but still I am wondering if it could be used on actual Wi-Fi.

Notes:Some people I know suggested me to change my Slowbro into a Calm mind'er and drop Heatran for a different wall since I already have 2 Special sweepers(Salamence and Togekiss)If you think the same please suggest me a wall.

Some people also told me to totally replace Slowbro with walls such as Suicine/Vaporeon or Rotom , If you think the same please suggest me the sets followed by a reason.

I was personally thinking of Jirachi switching over either Heatran[As semi-paraflinch] or Metagross[as lead]

As semi-para flinch
Jirachi@ChoiceScarf
Need a suggestion on the EV's
=Probably Timid....=
~Trick
~Thunder wave/Body-Slam
~Iron Head
~Wish

Or as lead
Jirachi@Leftovers
252Hp/40Atk/252Def
=Bold Nature=
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder wave/Body Slam
~Iron Head
~Reflect[It has proved useful in shoddy:P]

Please rate/suggest and thanks in advance~!

a solid team. but don't swap slowbro. mix ape weakness running, HP ICE, CC,Grass knot, fire blast. it's ridiculous howmany weaknesses ppl have to him. if kiss is running lefties it should have roost otherwise it's not really a tan, or sweeper. nstead you cn put kings rock fo 70% flinch. i don't really see any synergy going one, but it's a decent team.

If anything i'd switch the Jirachi to semi paraflinch > paraflinch Togekiss.

The team looks a bit iffy though, you have some very obvious weaknesses one which stook out like a sore thumb is Dragon Dance Salamence. You indeed have a Choice Scarf Heatran that could get him without a dragon dance if you opt for HP Ice, but with a boost of his own it can outpace him, and damage many of these pokemon.

Also Gyarados is in much the same boat, he too has a higher base speed to you'll only get the jump if you opt for HP electric and catch him before dragon dancing, good luck :P

Not that he's a huge offensive threat, and can reallistically be worn down over time but HP grass only hits Swampert, otherwise as said you have trouble. You should solidify what move you do want on Heatran so that we can work our way around what's not countered. Personally i say go with Dragon Pulse for Latias, or HP Grass for swampy.

Metagross seems fine, always a reliable lead.

A good change you could also make would be to perhaps change your Mence to scarf, and it can still be mixed, but gives you an easier time against Mence's if you go with a speed boosting nature, as well as unboosted Latias who also does well against this team.

I think with the bulky offense appeal of the team, Togekiss will prefer Roost, which is needed with it's Stealth Rock weakness and Metagross' inability to stop it, plus Togekiss may be comming in and out a bit to pray with flinch ^_^

Fire punch on Fatlax is okay, but Earthquake will help you with steels, or crunch means you're not completely walled by Gengar, and without Heatran it can cause havok to this team, so i'll suggest that. Plus even though you can fire punch said steels, they can get KO's on you too, plus Heracross isn't really common. Heatran covers those steels much better.

I like the idea with Slowbro because he makes a good counter to steels, although Scizor being very common can hit like a truck with u-turn, so that job might be better left to Heatran. Surf is REALLY NEEDED and psychic has terrible coverage, sorry but it does. Surf will let you hit like Hippowdon, Gliscor, Heatrans, Infernape without Grass Knot, ect. Ice Beam will help pick off Dragons or even HP electric for Gyarados. Also thunder wave might prove more useful as this team can't play many resistances for toxic stall, so Thunder Wave will help out your sweepers.

I think you just need to test the team and you'd find most of these problems out yourself though. You put these up once you've had success and want to showcase, or have tested it well and just can't figure out how to solve the problems. I won't suggest changing any pokemon because i'll be asking too much here, but mix and match up some pokemon and i'll drop by agian later.

I hope this helps, good luck with your team ^_^

a solid team. but don't swap slowbro. mix ape weakness running, HP ICE, CC,Grass knot, fire blast. it's ridiculous howmany weaknesses ppl have to him. if kiss is running lefties it should have roost otherwise it's not really a tan, or sweeper. nstead you cn put kings rock fo 70% flinch. i don't really see any synergy going one, but it's a decent team.
Serene Grace Togekiss+Air Slash is 60% flinch and if you consider King's rock thats 64% not 70 , 4% is not really worth it , tbh.

If anything i'd switch the Jirachi to semi paraflinch > paraflinch Togekiss.

The team looks a bit iffy though, you have some very obvious weaknesses one which stook out like a sore thumb is Dragon Dance Salamence. You indeed have a Choice Scarf Heatran that could get him without a dragon dance if you opt for HP Ice, but with a boost of his own it can outpace him, and damage many of these pokemon.

Also Gyarados is in much the same boat, he too has a higher base speed to you'll only get the jump if you opt for HP electric and catch him before dragon dancing, good luck :P

Not that he's a huge offensive threat, and can reallistically be worn down over time but HP grass only hits Swampert, otherwise as said you have trouble. You should solidify what move you do want on Heatran so that we can work our way around what's not countered. Personally i say go with Dragon Pulse for Latias, or HP Grass for swampy.

Metagross seems fine, always a reliable lead.

A good change you could also make would be to perhaps change your Mence to scarf, and it can still be mixed, but gives you an easier time against Mence's if you go with a speed boosting nature, as well as unboosted Latias who also does well against this team.

I think with the bulky offense appeal of the team, Togekiss will prefer Roost, which is needed with it's Stealth Rock weakness and Metagross' inability to stop it, plus Togekiss may be comming in and out a bit to pray with flinch ^_^

Fire punch on Fatlax is okay, but Earthquake will help you with steels, or crunch means you're not completely walled by Gengar, and without Heatran it can cause havok to this team, so i'll suggest that. Plus even though you can fire punch said steels, they can get KO's on you too, plus Heracross isn't really common. Heatran covers those steels much better.

I like the idea with Slowbro because he makes a good counter to steels, although Scizor being very common can hit like a truck with u-turn, so that job might be better left to Heatran. Surf is REALLY NEEDED and psychic has terrible coverage, sorry but it does. Surf will let you hit like Hippowdon, Gliscor, Heatrans, Infernape without Grass Knot, ect. Ice Beam will help pick off Dragons or even HP electric for Gyarados. Also thunder wave might prove more useful as this team can't play many resistances for toxic stall, so Thunder Wave will help out your sweepers.

I think you just need to test the team and you'd find most of these problems out yourself though. You put these up once you've had success and want to showcase, or have tested it well and just can't figure out how to solve the problems. I won't suggest changing any pokemon because i'll be asking too much here, but mix and match up some pokemon and i'll drop by agian later.

I hope this helps, good luck with your team ^_^
I guess Jirachi over Togekiss makes sense...and dont worry about changing pokemon , it's fine really...[Since it's shoddy :P] , I'll change Slowbro's moveset like you said but I might not put Ice-Beam since I need Slack Off , unless you're suggesting Ice Beam over Flamethrower.

By the way this is the very first team I MADE , but currently I am using a friend's old team which is[too lazy to insert pics>_>]

Jirachi@Leftovers
252HP/40ATK/216DEF
=Bold Nature=
-Serene Grace-
~Stealth Rock
~Iron Head
~Thunder Wave
~Reflect [Works wonders]

Salamence@LifeOrb
16ATK/252SPE/240SP.A
=Naive Nature=
-Intimidate-
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Outrage
~Earthquake

Suicine@Leftovers
252HP/252DEF/6SP.A
=Bold Nature=
-Pressure-
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~HP Electric
~Calm Mind

Scizor@ChoiceBand
248HP/252ATK/8SPE
=Adamant Nature=
-Technician-
~U-Turn
~Pursuit
~Bullet Punch
~Super Power

Magnezone@ChoiceScarf
40ATK/252SPE/216SP.A
=Naive Nature=
-Magnet Pull-
~Thunderbolt
~Flash Cannon
~HP Fire
~Explosion

Tyranitar@Expert Belt
160HP/252ATK/96SPE
=Adamant Nature=
-Sand Stream-
~Crunch
~EQ
~Pursuit
~Stone Edge

Although I am most interested in improving the team I MADE but since this is my current battling one I don't mind improving this as well:P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)