First DP team, with first match as a win. warstory (attempt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I am completely unexperienced with DP and this was my first DP match, so i was quite nervous and did not trust my abilities.

my team:

his team:

Colonel M sent out Flygon (Flygon ?).
-Reno- sent out Moltres (Moltres).
Moltres is exerting its pressure!
-Reno- switched in Donphan (Donphan ?).
Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's not very effective...
Donphan lost 9% of its health.
Donphan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Donphan restored 6% of its health.
---
The Colonel sent out flygon, whilst i sent out moltres, the ledgendary fire bird. I knew from watching others battle that most flygon packed stone edge which my moltres was extremely weak to. My moltres may have beaten it with hidden power ice but, alas, my moltres' hidden power was electric, due to fear of gyarados. Expecting a stone edge, i switched to my rock resist, donphan.

Colonel M switched in Starmie (Starmie).
Donphan used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
---
I ordered donphan to attack with stealth rock, surrounding my enemies team in jagged rocks. Sadly, the Colonel had predicted my attack, and wisely sent out, not only a rapid spinner, but a special attacker! My donphan was extremely physical based, so anything special would hurt it badly.

-Reno- switched in Blissey (Blissey ?).
Starmie used Rapid Spin.
Starmie blew away the spikes!
Blissey lost 3% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
---
I switched to my special wall, the happiness pokemon blissey. Colonel had ordered his starmie to rapid spin, removing my stealth rocks from the field. Luckily, this hardly damaged my blissey at all, and she regained her health after eating a small bite of her leftovers. I prepared to use my first directly damaging attack, as i knew starmie could hardly touch blissey.

Colonel M switched in Flygon (Flygon ?).
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Flygon lost 33% of its health.
---
The colonel had switched back to his leading pokemon, flygon! I was already thinking what he would do. Exploit my blissey's poor defense with a powerful earthquake that would be sure to do damage. I however knew that flygon, as powerful as it was, could not defeat my blissey with a single earthquake, so i prepared to use ice beam, flygons most feared weakness.

Flygon used U-turn.
Blissey lost 20% of its health.
Colonel M switched in Heracross (Heracross ?).
Blissey used Ice Beam.
Heracross lost 20% of its health.
---
I had not expected this however. As my blissey readied her ice beam, flygon, being considerably faster, used U-turn, an attack that allows it to damage my pokemon and swap to another! He cleverly chose his heracross to be sent out, as it is a fighting type, my blissey's one weakness. My blissey, surprised by the sudden switch, unleashed her ice beam hastily as she was terrified of the might heracross.

-Reno- switched in Gyarados (Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's intimidate cut Heracross's attack!
Heracross used Close Combat.
Gyarados lost 31% of its health.
Heracross's defence was lowered.
Heracross's special defence was lowered.
Gyarados's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gyarados restored 6% of its health.
---
Oh no! I had accidently sent out the wrong pokemon! Still, my gyarados managed to intimidate the heracross with his fearsome appearance, and lowered the giant bugs attack power. Heracross still carried on with its assault, using the powerful fighting attack Close Combat! Thankfully, my gyarados was part flying, so the damage was not as severe as it could have been but a third of my beloved gyarados's health had been depleted. Gyarados still tried to regain his health by nibbling some of his leftovers.

Colonel M switched in Bronzong (Bronzong).
-Reno- switched in Gliscor (Gliscor ?).
---
I sent out my intended pokemon to defeat heracross, but my opponent had drawn his heracross back in, as if sensing my move, and sent out bronzong!

Gliscor used Knock Off.
Gliscor knocked off foe Bronzong's Leftovers!
Bronzong lost 4% of its health.
Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Bronzong's attack missed!
---
I commanded my gliscor to use knock off, so that bronzong had no item to use. With a sweep of his claw and with uncanny accuracy, he smashed the leftovers out of bronzongs reach, forcing it to lose its item and recovery method. Bronzong was much slower than the speedy gliscor and tried to put my Gliscor to sleep with hypnosis, but thankfully gliscor resisted the attack and stayed awake.

Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Blissey fell asleep!
---
I switched in blissey again, and bronzong used hypnosis. Sadly, blissey was still tired from the confrontation flygon, so fell asleep with bronzong's help. I was not worried however, as my blissey possessed the ability natural cure which allowed her to recover from any status when i returned her to the pokeball.

-Reno- switched in Mismagius (Mismagius ?).
Bronzong used Charge Beam.
Mismagius lost 11% of its health.
Bronzong's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mismagius restored 6% of its health.
---
I did exactly that, and my blissey was safely back in her pokeball. I switched in my other special sweeper, mismagius. Bronzong used charge beam on my recently sent out mismagius which did not damage her very much, but did raise bronzongs special attack. She ate some of her leftovers to help her health return to maximum.

Mismagius used Substitute.
Mismagius lost 25% of its health.
Mismagius made a substitute!
Bronzong used Hypnosis.
But it failed!
---
Expecting another hypnosis, I had my mismagius set up a substitute to take whatever bronzong threw at her. Although i was not an experienced battler, i had predicted correctly and bronzong was tricked by my clever tactics and mismagius's realistic looking substitute and hypnosis did nothing that turn. She had a bite of her leftovers once more, and recovered some of the hp she had sacrificed for her substitute.

Colonel M switched in Weavile (Weavile ?).
Weavile is exerting its pressure!
Mismagius used Calm Mind.
Mismagius's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's special defence was raised.
---
Colonel M switched to his weavile, the evolved form of sneasel. Weavile was an extremely fast and aggresive pokemon, and mismagius whimpered slightly at seeing it. However, she soon returned to normal and used the move calm mind. This boosted not only my mismagius's high special attack, but also her special defense! She also had a bite of her leftovers, to restore some of her health.

Weavile used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Mismagius!
Mismagius's substitute faded!
Mismagius used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Weavile lost 166% of its health.
Colonel M's Weavile fainted.
---
Weavile used pursuit, and destroyed mismagius' subsitute with ease. However, i knew my pokemon types well and knew that weavile was part ice and [art dark, making it very weak to fighting attacks. I also knew my own pokemon very well, and knew my mismagius had a fighting type hidden power! Using her boosted special attack, she used her hidden power which defeated weavile in one hit! I was incredibly impressed with her, and she ate some leftovers once more.

Mismagius used Substitute.
Mismagius lost 25% of its health.
Mismagius made a substitute!
Heracross used Night Slash.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Mismagius!
Mismagius's substitute faded!
---
Colonel realeased his powerful heracross once more! Knowing mismagius was faster I ordered a substitute, which she quickly set up. As quickly as it was set up though, heracross ripped through it with night slash, a move that is very effective again ghost pokemon like mismagius! I was worried for her and knew what i would do next turn.

-Reno- switched in Donphan (Donphan ?).
Heracross used Night Slash.
Donphan lost 22% of its health.
---
I switched my mismagius out for my donphan which swiftly took another night slash. Thanks to my donphans high health and defense he was not damaged much, and nibbled on his leftovers to recover some health.

Donphan used Earthquake.
Starmie lost 51% of its health.
Starmie's leftovers restored its health a little!
Starmie restored 6% of its health.
---
I had expected starmie this time, and knew that id i used stealth rock, it would just rapid spin them away. So instead i ordered a strong earthquake from donphan which damaged starmie alot when it was sent out. Starmie ate some leftovers, as did my donphan to recover some life.

Starmie used Recover.
Starmie restored 50% of its health.
---
Expecting a powerful special attack, i switched to blissey, who easily takes special attacks. I was wrong though, and starmie used recover to recover the damage my donphan had done. Blissey ate some of the leftovers to recover the damage she recieved earlier.

Blissey used Ice Beam.
Bronzong lost 6% of its health.
---
Once again, bronzong came into play which i wasn't expecting. I had ordered a ice beam from blissey as i had expected flygon to attack again.

Blissey used Protect.
Blissey protected itself!
Bronzong used Flash Cannon.
---
I did not know what attack bronzong was going to use so ordered protect from blissey to scout the attack. Bronzong tried to use flash cannon but my blissey's protect stopped all the damaged from the attack.

Bronzong lost 30% of its health.
Bronzong used Flash Cannon.
Blissey lost 9% of its health.
---
I ordered a seismic toss once again from blissey, and bronzong lost a further third of his health. Bronzong used flash cannon to try to damage my blissey. Although it hit my blissey this time, it did a very small amount of damage, and she easily recovered it off with a bite from her leftovers.

Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Blissey fell asleep!
---
I once again ordered a seismic toss which damaged bronzong again. Colonel M however had other ideas, and commanded a hypnosis from hs bronzong. Blissey soon fell asleep, but i knew if i switched her out she would be awake and healthy.

-Reno- switched in Moltres (Moltres).
Bronzong's attack missed!
---
I switched to my moltres, which narrowly avoided a charge beam from bronzong. I knew bronzong was weak to fire as it was a steel pokemon so readied my moltres for an attack.

Colonel M switched in Salamence (Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Moltres's attack!
Moltres used Overheat.
Salamence lost 65% of its health.
Moltres's special attack was harshly lowered.
---
At the last moment before my moltres unleashed it's powerful overheat attack, the colonel had switched to salamence, the dragon pokemon. It intimidated my moltres into lowering its attack, but it didnt matter as my moltres only knows special attacks. Moltres unelashed overheat and did an incredible amount of damage to the fearsome dragon even though it resisted fire. The attack was however risky as it lowered my moltres' special attack harshly, meaning i would have to switch it out to regain it to normal.

Gyarados's intimidate cut Salamence's attack!
Salamence used Dragon Pulse.
Gyarados lost 62% of its health.
---
Not knowing what kind of salamence it was, i switched in my gyarados, which lowered even the fearsome salamences attack power with its presence. I quickly found out what kind of salamence it was though as it fired a dragon pulse at me, taking off two thirds of gyarados' health and leaving it incredibly weakened. It tried to recover using leftovers but the damage was too great to be recovered to quickly.

A critical hit!
Blissey lost 52% of its health.
---
I switched in blissey, as knowing it was a special attacking salamence, blissey could easily take the damage. Sadly, salamence hit my blissey with a critical hit, taking off over half of my special walls health.

Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
---
Bronzong once again came to confront blissey and i had blissey make a wish to restore the damage done to her.

Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Blissey fell asleep!
The wish came true!
Blissey restored 50% of its health.
---
While waiting for the wish to be granted, blissey seismic tossed bronzong to try to defeat it once and for all. Sadly, bronzong stayed concious and put my blissey asleep again. The wish blissey had made came true this turn and restored her to full life.

-Reno- switched in Mismagius (Mismagius ?).
Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Mismagius fell asleep!
---
I switched out blissey to wake it up with natural cure, but my opponent knew what i was going to do. I switched in mismagius and as blissey had woken up, bronzong put my mismagius asleep with its hypnosis. Sadly, my mismagius does not have the ability natural cure so i could not wake it up so easily.

-Reno- switched in Moltres (Moltres).
It's super effective!
Moltres lost 22% of its health.
---
I switched in moltres again, but it took a strong charge beam from bronzong, taking off more than a fifth of its health.

Moltres used Flamethrower.
Starmie lost 49% of its health.
---
I had my moltres use flamethrower, but my opponent, not wanting to leave the already weakened bronzong in again my fearsome flying fire bird, switched out to starmie.

Starmie used Surf.
Blissey lost 15% of its health.
---
I switched back to my blissey, as i knew starmie could hardly damage the happiness pokemon. After taking a slight bit of damage from a powerful surf, both blissey and starmie ate some of their leftovers.

Starmie used Recover.
Starmie lost 33% of its health.
---
Starmie used recover to heal itself of the damage moltres had done, and blissey used seismic toss to take some more away. Once again, both pokemon enjoyed some leftovers.

Starmie used Recover.
---
Starmie once again recovered and blissey once again seismic tossed it. They both ate some leftovers, but i realised my blissey was getting damaged more and more each turn.

Starmie used Surf.
Blissey lost 14% of its health.
Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
---
I had my blissey use wish after being hit with another powerful surf attack, so she could be healthy again. But then i thought about my other pokemon, and remebered that wish can be used to heal them as well!

Gyarados's intimidate cut Starmie's attack!
Starmie used Recover.
The wish came true!
Gyarados restored 50% of its health.
---
I switched in gyarados, scaring the starmie and lowering its attack. I knew this wouldnt matter though, as most starmies use special attacks. Starmie once again used recover. My blisseys wish also came true this turn, so my gyarados was recovered to perfect health.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
Blissey lost 9% of its health.
---
Now, i knew that starmie could learn thunderbolt and i did not want my gyarados getting hit by an electric attack, so i switched back to blissey. I then realised, as starmie relased an ice beam, that it didnt have thunderbolt.

Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
---
Once again the fearsome heracross came into play. I was expecting a switch and had blissey make another wish so she could recover a team mates health.

-Reno- switched in Gliscor (Gliscor ?).
Heracross used Stone Edge.
Gliscor lost 31% of its health.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.
The wish came true!
Gliscor restored 50% of its health.
---
I chose the ultimate heracross counter, gliscor, to recieve the wish, and sent him straight into a powerful stone edge from heracross. However, the wish came true and gliscor was restored to full health.

Bronzong makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor's attack missed!
---
The colonel looked in fear at gliscor as he was scared for his heracross. He sent in bronzong who avoided my gliscor's earthquake, which i used as i had expected another pokemon, with its levitate ability.

Gliscor used Aerial Ace.
Bronzong lost 8% of its health.
Colonel M's Bronzong fainted.
---
Bronzong was on extremly low health as gliscor had knocked off his leftovers, and blissey had seismic tossed him many times. I had my gliscor use the move aerial ace, the flying move that never misses. Although it did not do much damage, it did enough and bronzong fainted.

---
Colonel M sent out starmie once more, but predicted my move well, and withdrew starmie and sent out heracross just as i sent out blissey!

Blissey used Protect.
---
This was not looking good so i had blissey use protect, which proved useless. Heracross had been withdrawn and flygon sent out, so using protect just wasted a turn to damage flygon.

Flygon used U-turn.
Blissey lost 19% of its health.
Blissey used Ice Beam.
Starmie lost 11% of its health.
Starmie was frozen solid!
---
Flygon once again used U-turn, and switched to blissey to take the ice beam i had ordered blissey to use. Although not doing much damage, the ice beam was so cold that starmie has been frozen solid!

Starmie is frozen solid!
---
Still frozen solid, starmie could do nothing as blissey hit it with a seismic toss.

Starmie is frozen solid!
---
Starmie was still frozen, and once again blissey used seismic toss on the defenseless starmie. Starmie was almost fainted and Colonel M knew this.

Starmie was defrosted!
Starmie used Recover.
---
Luckily for starmie, it thawed out and used recover just when my blissey was about to finish it.

Starmie used Surf.
Blissey lost 13% of its health.
Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
---
I had blissey use wish, and starmie attacked with another surf. I knew what moves starmie had now, so i had no fear in my new plan.

Gyarados's intimidate cut Starmie's attack!
Starmie used Surf.
Gyarados lost 17% of its health.
The wish came true!
Gyarados restored 50% of its health.
---
I sent in my gyarados to take the attack from starmie. It did not matter, as the damage from surf was easily healed by the wish.

Starmie used Recover.
Gyarados used Substitute.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Gyarados made a substitute!
---
Starmie used recover to heal itself so it could survive a strong attack from my gyarados. My plan was not to attack yet though. I had gyarados set up a substitute, to absorb any damage from starmie.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
The substitute took damage for Gyarados!
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
---
Starmie used ice beam to try and destroy the substitute, but it was too strong and did not break. I had my gyarados use dragon dance, adding to its attack and speed.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
Gyarados's substitute faded!
---
Starmie used ice beam again, and this time the substitute was broken, but i had gyarados use dragon dance again. Now it was sure to be faster than starmie.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
---
It was, and I had gyarados set up another substitute. Starmie used ice beam, but again, the substitute remained unbroken.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
---
Gyarados used dragon dance again and starmie used ice beam again, destroying the substitute once more.

Colonel M switched in Salamence (Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Gyarados's attack!
---
In an attempt to lower my gyarados' huge attack, he sent out salamence to intimidate it. I had gyarados set up another substitute and now was the time to start attacking.

Gyarados used Stone Edge.
Gyarados's attack missed!
---
I had my gyarados use stone edge, but it missed! Salamence used dragon pulse which easily destroyed my substitute. If stone edge missed again, my gyarados would faint and i did not want that to happenn.

It's super effective!
Salamence lost 164% of its health.
Colonel M's Salamence fainted.
---
Yes! Stone edge connected and took off all of salamence's health, forcing it to faint.

Gyarados used Waterfall.
Flygon lost 98% of its health.
Colonel M's Flygon fainted.
---
I had gyarados use its powerful waterfall attack, forcing flygon to faint as well.

Heracross's attack missed!
---
I had my gyarados set up another substitute after heracross was sent in. Heracross attempted to destroy it with stone edge, but luckily for me, it missed!

It's super effective!
---
Because of stone edge missing, it gave me another chance to use dragon dance to further boost my speed and attack. Stone edge connected this time, and destroyed my substitute.

Heracross lost 95% of its health.
Colonel M's Heracross fainted.
---
I ordered a stone edge from gyarados, easily fainting the heracross. I knew that he only had one pokemon left, and this pokemon was starmie.

Starmie lost 101% of its health.
Colonel M's Starmie fainted.
-Reno- wins!
---
My gyarados easily fainted the starmie and i had realised i had won!

Colonel M: Urk... good game
-Reno-: good game
Colonel M has left the room.
---
Although my opponent lost, he was obviously not a sore loser, and replied with the true statement "good game". That it was.

Pros of the battle:
My first DP match ending with a perfect win!
My own gyarados creation once again swept a team, which it had done back in the days of 3rd gen.
My opponent for playing a good game.

Cons of the battle:
My misclick sending gyarados out nstead of gliscor.
My mismagius being put to sleep.
The amount of time it took for that accursed bronzong to faint.

Sorry if its a bad warstory, its my first one. it ook me about an hours and a bit though.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The narrating is nice, especially at the early parts of the match. The ending result is missing (like 1-0 and stuff) though. Also, unless this is approved by the warstory approval team, you might wanna be careful since you can't post winning warstories for some reason I may never get.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Read the warstory rules, you can only post warstories that you've lost or have been cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)