ORAS OU First OU RMT.

This is the first team i've felt is good enough to post here, would love to hear some thoughts and suggestions.

The Team:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

The star of the team, Diancie is one of the best megas in ou, great speed, decent bulk and hits hard with great STAB. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are standard STAB, protect is to get my mega evolution for free and Earth Power was chosen over HP Fire to deal with Magnezone and weakened Volcanion and the fact that every pokemon I would need HP Fire for is generally handled quite well by the rest of the team.
the 8 Atk EVs are to ensure the OHKO on offensive Zard-X with Diamond Storm while the rest are pumped in to SpA and Spe.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Diancie's first partner in crime was placed on the team mainly to take care of Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, who either threaten it with priority or can stop a potential sweep. It also has the role of threatening bulky water types. HP Fire is for the aforementioned Scizor and Ferrothorn while Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon act as strong STAB attacks, Volt Switch allows me to shift momentum if Magnezone can tank a hit due to it's low speed and also forms part of a pseudo Volt-Turn partnership with Landorus-T. 88 Speed EVs are to outspeed minimum speed Skarmory, the rest of the EVs focus on making Magnezone as damaging and bulky as possible.

Talonflame
@ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

The main win condition of the team and our specially defensive pivot, Talonflame serves as a late-game cleaner and the main way of dealing with Mega-Medicham and Mega-Lopunny. Brave Bird because priority 120 power STAB hurts, Swords Dance allows the set-up necessary for sweeping, Roost for priority recovery and Will-O-Wisp for crippling potential switch-ins. 252 Atk and Adamant ensures Brave Bird hits as hard as possible, the rest is spread between HP and SpA to reduce the impact of recoil and to improve Talonflame's effectiveness as a special pivot.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

Lando-T found it's place on the team as a revenge killer and as a cover for the glaring weakness my team had to Zard-X after a Dragon Dance. Earthquake is reliable STAB, Stone Edge mainly for revenging Kyurem-Black, Tornadus-T and Zapdos, which all cause a sizable headache for this team, U-Turn for momentum, especially with Magnezone's Volt Switch and Knock-Off is immensely helpful versus unknown switches and stall (Say goodbye to that Eviolite, Chansey). EVs are for maximum punch and speed.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

With a Talonflame on the team, hazards removal was a necessity, thus enter Latios, who also covers weaknesses to Mega-Manectric, Manaphy, Keldeo, Mega-Venusaur and Amoonguss, although the last 3 are checked by Talonflame. Draco and Psyshock for STAB, Defog for hazard removal and Earthquake for surprising Heatran and finishing off weakened Bisharps and Tyranitars. 4 Atk for EQ, 252 SpA for powerful Dracos and Psyshocks, 252 Spe to outspeed Keldeo and speed tie Gengar.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Rounding out the team is our defensive stalwart, Ferrothorn, checking a huge variety of physical pokemon including Lando-T and non Superpower Azumarill. Stealth Rock because it's the best move in the game, Leech Seed for recovery and whittling down opponents, Gyro Ball cause Ferro's base speed is molasses and it can OHKO Mega-Gardevoir. 252 HP for max bulk, 168 SpD to survive Modest Mega-Gardevoir Focus Blast or 2 +3 Manaphy Ice Beams, the rest in Def to help Ferro do it's job.

Well, that's the team, hope you guys enjoy.​

Hey Para1yz3r, this team is pretty solid but there's a few general things I think your team could use some improvement on.

I think running Magnezone on this build isn't really necessary since you have a Talonflame, plus your M-Diancie isn't carrying Rock Polish. I actually think you should run Life Orb Tornadus-T > Magnezone since it can still beat Steel types like Skarmory and Heatran to support both Talonflame and M-Diancie. It also has the additional perk of baiting in Tyranitar for Talonflame as well with Superpower. With Tornadus-T being able to cover Tyranitar and Heatran with Superpower, you should run Roost > Earthquake and Timid Nature > Hasty Nature on Latios to grant it more longevity.

Next, you should adjust your Talonflame spread if you really want to take less from Brave Bird recoil. The way recoil works is that it's based on your opponent's HP stat, and you take a certain percentage of the damage dealt. So dealing 60% to a Blissey would deal more recoil than dealing 100% to a defensive Landorus-T since Blissey has a much higher HP stat. What this means is that the higher your own HP is, the less recoil damage you'll take. So you should run a spread of 216 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Spe on Talonflame since this allows you to outspeed Adamant M-Pinsir and Jolly Excadrill, have enough Attack to guarantee an OHKO on Keldeo, and have the rest in HP for general bulk.

Lastly, I think you should run Slowking > Landorus-T since your team struggles to switch into Gliscor and Heatran otherwise. Slowking also provides you with a more sound check to M-Lopunny, Terrakion, opposing M-Diancie that carry Hidden Power Fire, Volcanion, and it provides you with a win condition that also helps against Calm Mind users like Clefable and Suicune. You should also run Power Whip > Protect on Ferrothorn since this is your sole check to stuff like Gyarados, M-Swampert, and Feraligatr, as well as run Hidden Power Fire > Earth Power on M-Diancie to catch opposing Ferrothorn to support Slowking.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Taunt

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Hope i was able to help!

Hey Para1yz3r, this team is pretty solid but there's a few general things I think your team could use some improvement on.

I think running Magnezone on this build isn't really necessary since you have a Talonflame, plus your M-Diancie isn't carrying Rock Polish. I actually think you should run Life Orb Tornadus-T > Magnezone since it can still beat Steel types like Skarmory and Heatran to support both Talonflame and M-Diancie. It also has the additional perk of baiting in Tyranitar for Talonflame as well with Superpower. With Tornadus-T being able to cover Tyranitar and Heatran with Superpower, you should run Roost > Earthquake and Timid Nature > Hasty Nature on Latios to grant it more longevity.

Next, you should adjust your Talonflame spread if you really want to take less from Brave Bird recoil. The way recoil works is that it's based on your opponent's HP stat, and you take a certain percentage of the damage dealt. So dealing 60% to a Blissey would deal more recoil than dealing 100% to a defensive Landorus-T since Blissey has a much higher HP stat. What this means is that the higher your own HP is, the less recoil damage you'll take. So you should run a spread of 216 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Spe on Talonflame since this allows you to outspeed Adamant M-Pinsir and Jolly Excadrill, have enough Attack to guarantee an OHKO on Keldeo, and have the rest in HP for general bulk.

Lastly, I think you should run Slowking > Landorus-T since your team struggles to switch into Gliscor and Heatran otherwise. Slowking also provides you with a more sound check to M-Lopunny, Terrakion, opposing M-Diancie that carry Hidden Power Fire, Volcanion, and it provides you with a win condition that also helps against Calm Mind users like Clefable and Suicune. You should also run Power Whip > Protect on Ferrothorn since this is your sole check to stuff like Gyarados, M-Swampert, and Feraligatr, as well as run Hidden Power Fire > Earth Power on M-Diancie to catch opposing Ferrothorn to support Slowking.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Taunt

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Hope i was able to help!
yo okay so this is a really good set and all, but are you Sure you meant Slowking and not Slowbro?? Slowbro does this exact set pretty much 100% of the time with more physical bulk.

yo okay so this is a really good set and all, but are you Sure you meant Slowking and not Slowbro?? Slowbro does this exact set pretty much 100% of the time with more physical bulk.
I did mean Slowking, yes. Slowking can act as a check to Volcanion, M-Diancie, and Tornadus-T due to its natural special bulk, none of which Slowbro can really do without a decent amount of SpDef investment. The only issue I could see with running Slowking > Slowbro on this team would be that Charizard-X can break it a bit easier. But M-Diancie + Talonflame + Slowking can deal with Charizard-X well enough though to not warrant Slowbro being used, in my opinion.

If he feels like Slowbro would be better then he can freely change it. It is his team after all.

I did mean Slowking, yes. Slowking can act as a check to Volcanion, M-Diancie, and Tornadus-T due to its natural special bulk, none of which Slowbro can really do without a decent amount of SpDef investment. The only issue I could see with running Slowking > Slowbro on this team would be that Charizard-X can break it a bit easier. But M-Diancie + Talonflame + Slowking can deal with Charizard-X well enough though to not warrant Slowbro being used, in my opinion.

If he feels like Slowbro would be better then he can freely change it. It is his team after all.
Oh, no, absolutely!! I just didn't know if you genuinely mixed the two up, although it didn't make sense that you would. I'm used to using it as a Charizard-X check using CM to rack up a Sp. Def that does the trick. I don't disagree with the set; in the end, you're right that it's OP's mind to make up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)