First OU team!

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

The main reason I chose Azelf was because it can OHKO most common OU leads, such as Machamp, Infernape, Forretress etc. I'm thinking of maybe changing U-turn to Grass Knot to handle Hippowdon, whom this team seems to have trouble with.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I'm not sure on this set. It was originally here to lure out Skarmory and Heatran, then proceed to 2HKO them. It was working quite well a while ago, but hasn't been doing so well lately. I'm open to any suggestions as to what might work better here.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Earth Power

Not much to explain here. Toxic usually to take care of bulky waters, Lava Plume as an obligatory STAB, Earth Power for other Heatrans and Protect to scout/rack up Toxic damage. Works decently as a special wall and it beats SubRoost Zapdos who could otherwise destroy this team.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute

I come in on something that I scare out, Sub or Leech Seed on the switch, then proceed to stall until the opponent rages or quits. If they send in a Grass type with the immunity to Leech Seed, I just Spore them then pick them off with STAB Focus Punches.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 240 Atk / 24 Def / 60 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This Gyarados is sort of in the same boat as Jirachi. Although, it can effectively counter Heatrans that lack HP Electric, I feel with a different EV spread it could do great things, but for now, it isn't doing a lot for this team.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Standard Scarfed Flygon. Easily the best revenge killer in the current metagame. I send it in on things who will likely fear the Earthquake and switch, so I U-turn on the switch. Outrage over Dragon Claw for extra power, Thunderpunch for Gyarados.

I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong, I'm new to the Smogon "community"

Anyway, thank you for reading!

You might want to consider changing Jirachi to a Wish Calm Mind set and running Taunt over Earthquake on Gyarados. Stall teams will trouble you, since SubSeed Breloom cannot beat them on its own and will eventually run out of Leech Seeds; if their team has a Celebi, it's even easier to wear Loom down. Wish CM Rachi is a very good weapon against stall and is a free wish pass to Gyarados since the latter can come in on Rachi's counters and restore 50% of its health; along with Taunt to prevent healing, this'll give you the upper hand against defensive teams.

Azelf wants Grass Knot over Stealth Rock; getting a surprise KO on Swampert / Hippowdon leads is really beneficial to Jirachi, who is countered by those two, and Gyarados, since he won't have to deal with SR damage on each switchin. You still need SR though, so I'd run it on Heatran over Earth Power. You don't need to hit other Heatran because you've got Gyarados and Flygon. Good luck!

Hi Fluttershy,

Nice team you got there. The team itself looks like it works, but the way you went about it with the sets is what I think slows you down. You have a decent amount of offensive weaknesses, mostly fighting-types and water pokemon with diverse movesets. On the stall end you do pretty fine, but have troubles with Blissey and even a well-played Forretress. The main problem with this team is that you're concentrating so much on bulk that you lose the offensive power your team needs to win.

I'll start off by mentioning your offensive weaknesses, and work off them to help out your team. The threats are: Infernape, CM Jirachi, SD Lucario, fast CM Suicune, Heatran, and LO Starmie. Infernape wrecks after Gyarados is on because you lose your only fighting resist considering Azelf is gone by then. CM Jirachi(mostly Wish) can actually beat your Heatran, and if Flygon is gone you might have to say 'gg'. SD Lucario sweeps you cold after Gyarados is gone. Fast CM Suicune at +1 can also sweep you cold considering your team is too slow to retaliate and Flygon isn't that strong to OHKO it after rocks. Your best Heatran switch-in, Gyarados, will be worn down with rocks and Fire Blasts. After that, Heatran proceed to at least take out two of your pokemon. Lastly, LO Starmie can wreck your entire team because you have no solid switch-in.

To fix the SD Lucario, fast CM Suicune, and even the Heatran problem to a better degree, I suggest you give Jirachi the offensive set he needs. The set is Jirachi @ Leftovers | Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Calm Mind / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ground. This simple change will turn out to have a good impact on your team because Jirachi at +1 will be much stronger now for sure. It will also beat CM Wish Jirachi in the end. Your team really appreciates Gyarados because he's your primary fighting resist. The only two pokemon that would be close to simulating Gyarados's bulk and power would be Dragonite and Zapdos. Zapdos is a primarily a special attacker, which would make you even more stall weak considering Blissey. Btw we have Infernape and LO Starmie left in the list. As a result I recommend using Dragonite with priority. The set is Dragonite @ Life Orb | Rash Nature | 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe | Draco Meteor / Roost / Extremespeed / Superpower OR Flamethrower. I know you are missing out on either Superpower or Flamethrower, but this sets offers exactly what your team needs, which is a stallbreaker, a fighting resist with recovery, and power. If you feel you don't need the recovery at all and can rely on Flygon to revenge Infernape, feel free to include Superpower OR Flamethrower in that moveslot. Remember, Superpower helps against Heatran, Tyranitar, etc.,while Flamethrower takes on steels(FORRETRESS), and grass-types. I think that Dragonite will be very useful on your team and alleviate your offensive and stall problems.

Now for the nitpicks, your LO Azelf lead is awesome, but it won't get to do everything it has to offer. To make it more productive for your team you can take two routes. The first one is giving it a Focus Sash over Life Orb and Explosion over U-turn. The second route is exactly what BKC said. The point is your current set will either kill a pokemon or get rocks up, not both. Stealth Rock is very important to get up; the Focus Sash set will accomplish that most of the time and even kill a pokemon and BKC's suggestion will too. I recommend you try out both!

I hope this helps your team out; good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)