SM UU First RMT! Help appreciated to improve in UU.

Hey all, this is my first time posting a RMT, although I've been playing UU for a few months now. I've been playing around with this team for ages and I have several permutations of it, but I am really trying to build around Nasty Plot Celebi. I've found that Primarina and Rotom-H make a great Fire/Water/Grass core to support each other, and Infernape has been pretty helpful too, but I am still toying with the others, playing about with who complements them best. With all that said here is the team:

The Team

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam​

Celebi is the Pokemon I have been trying to build around (and is my favourite Pokemon in general and reason for wanting to get into UU). I have found that it works best at its fastest, as its defensive typing is really poor and leaves it open to the plethora of U-Turns, Knock Offs, Pursuits, and Fire attacks in the tier. Celebi is meant to come in on something that does not threaten it (this is usually a bulky Water type or slow Ground like Hippowdon) once its checks and counters have been dealt with and use its coverage moves and boosting ability to power through the opposing team. I use Psychium Z on it in case Scizor comes in, as a +2 Shattered Psyche can usually deal with a Scizor slightly weakened by SR or chip damage. Psychic is there to hit Poison types the Celebi outspeeds like Nidoking and Amoongus, Giga Drain is used against bulky waters and beats Calm Mind Suicune, and Dazzling Gleam is there for Hydreigon and the other dragons.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp​

Toaster boi acts as an excellent counter to the various Steel types that threaten both Celebi and Diancie on this team. Scizor is always forced out vs. it, and unboosted Bisharp will also lose to Overheat. It carries Volt Switch to keep up momentum against its switch ins, and Twave and Will O Wisp to punish those that Volt Switch is not ideal or usable against (ex. slowing down or burning Mega Altaria, burning Hippowdon, Krookodile, Mamoswine, and Zeraora). This Rotom is fully physically defensive to better sponge attacks from the Steels it is being used to check.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast​

Primarina acts as the water portion of the FWG core, and serves as a check/counter to the various Fire, Dark, and Dragon types that can otherwise threaten the rest of the team. Prim is fully physically defensive to beat most Infernapes (while Diancie can handle special attacknig variants). RestTalk means Prim doesn't care about Toxic and helps it to beat other Waters 1 on 1 such as Swampert. Scald and Moonblast are there as spammable STAB moves with the added benefits of burning threatening Steel and Dark types like Alolan Muk and Krookodile, and lowering the SpA on those it doesn't benefit from burning like Togekiss. It's also extremely useful against Lead Azelf, as I will usually fire off a Moonblast while they get rocks up and then immediately Rest to recover all the damage from Explosion. Finally Prim also acts as one of the team's checks to Mega Aerodactyl.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake​

Ape acts as the speed control for the team and another check to the Steel types that plague this team, as well as a way to break through bulky walls like Blissey and Amoongus. It forces out fast attackers like Mega Beedrill, Scarfed Krookodile, and Scarfed Hydreigon, and can speed tie with Scarfed Terrakion and Cobalion if necessary. Flare Blitz is this main attacking move for powering through Steel and Grass types. U-Turn keeps up momentum when risking a lock into an ineffective move would be a bad call. Close Combat breaks through Blissey and Dark types, and Earthquake helps to deal with Poison types like Alolan Muk, Nidoking, Nihilego, and non-scarfed Gengar.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast​

Diancie is the special tank for the team that can also take a bit of physical punishment. It checks the flying threats in the tier such as Mega Pigeot and Togekiss, and provides another answer to Dark types in a pinch. Its main role is to sponge strong special attacks and then set up rocks or do chip damage. Protect is used to scout potentially threatening enemies for coverage or choice-locked moves or to stall and restore a bit of HP with leftovers. Diamond Storm allows it to beat Flying types while possibly giving a nice defensive boost to make it even more tanky. Moonblast acts as the secondary STAB to punish Dragons and Fighting types in a pinch with the possibility of a SpA drop.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin​

Forretress is the final member of the team and serves as the hazard setter and controller, along with providing some physical defensive utility vs. Steels and momentum with Volt Switch. Originally Rotom was the mon in this role but I found myself relying on it to perform too many roles, and didn't like Defogging away my own rocks. Poison Spikes was chosen over Gyro Ball as I was finding that Forretress was not hitting anything hard enough with that move to bother keeping it around and to help vs. bulky walls like Primarina and the Slow twins. Spikes adds some passive damage and acts as a really nice option against Swampert that the team previously struggled a lot with - I found myself leading Celebi against it and always being behind on the switch in after Swampert. Forretress fixes that by allowing for a quick change on a predicted switch once they see it stacking spike layers. Rapid Spin finally provides hazard control.

Overall
I have found this team to be useful against offensive and balance teams the most, but can struggle hard against or straight up lose to pure stall teams if an answer to a particular wall (ex. Ape for Blissey, Celebi for Suicune/Slowbro) is lost. I am trying to see if there are better options to not have to play so perfectly vs. stall to win mostly. Here is an example of a stall game I won that I am very happy with: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-913642908. I'm still pretty new to serious comp Pokemon as a whole so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
Hello, cool team. Nasty Plot Celebi is a good mon in general, and a great Stallbreaker that can circumvent common NP Ape answers such as Mega Altaria, Mega Slowbro, Pyukumuku, etc. However, I noticed a few major flaws in the build, so I made some changes to address those issues.

Major Changes

-->

Hydreigon gives you a way better MU vs Krookidile and Crawdaunt, as well as a ground immunity, while still being speed control. Hydreigon also helps lure in Empoleon and chip it down, instead of Ape just scaring it out. I'm a little hazy atm, didn't get as much sleep as desired, so sorry if my descriptions are a little funky. Anyways, overall, Hydreigon is just better as a scarfer in the slot on this team.

-->

At its current state, this team got ran over by Scizor, because Forretress isn't viable and can't do much back anyways, and Heatom gets bopped by Knock/Quick Attack. Cobalion replaces Diancie as the Stealth Rocker, as well as Checks Scizor and checks Hydreigon (though watch out for choiced Fire Blast). Cobalion can also annoy shit w/ Taunt as well, which helps the Stall MU a little bit more than usual.

-->

As previously mentioned, Forretress is unviable, and is kinda wack here anyways. The team also really needed a ground to not get ran over by VoltTurn, as well as check electrics in general. Another Fighting check in general is always appreciated, taking the pressure off of Primarina. Gligar does all of this, still acts as hazard removal via Defog, as well as provide momentum via U-turn.

Minor Changes

- Set Change

Made the spread into max speed with 20 spa and the rest in HP. The Special Attack EVs allow you to OHKO Celebi after Stealth Rocks Damage. Pain Split allows you to 1v1 Blissey better, alongside Toxic over Will-O-Wisp. Toxic also hits Latias, which is a huge thorn in this version of the team's side, but can be dealt with between Cobalion, Hydreigon, and Celebi.

Conclusion and Importable

Alright, thing to note here in conclusion is that the team is kinda annoyed by Latias, but it can be played around. Everything else should be fine in theory, but Practice is the best solution to see what I missed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I hope you enjoy the team!

(Click sprites for importable w/ changes)

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hello, cool team. Nasty Plot Celebi is a good mon in general, and a great Stallbreaker that can circumvent common NP Ape answers such as Mega Altaria, Mega Slowbro, Pyukumuku, etc. However, I noticed a few major flaws in the build, so I made some changes to address those issues.

Major Changes

-->

Hydreigon gives you a way better MU vs Krookidile and Crawdaunt, as well as a ground immunity, while still being speed control. Hydreigon also helps lure in Empoleon and chip it down, instead of Ape just scaring it out. I'm a little hazy atm, didn't get as much sleep as desired, so sorry if my descriptions are a little funky. Anyways, overall, Hydreigon is just better as a scarfer in the slot on this team.

-->

At its current state, this team got ran over by Scizor, because Forretress isn't viable and can't do much back anyways, and Heatom gets bopped by Knock/Quick Attack. Cobalion replaces Diancie as the Stealth Rocker, as well as Checks Scizor and checks Hydreigon (though watch out for choiced Fire Blast). Cobalion can also annoy shit w/ Taunt as well, which helps the Stall MU a little bit more than usual.

-->

As previously mentioned, Forretress is unviable, and is kinda wack here anyways. The team also really needed a ground to not get ran over by VoltTurn, as well as check electrics in general. Another Fighting check in general is always appreciated, taking the pressure off of Primarina. Gligar does all of this, still acts as hazard removal via Defog, as well as provide momentum via U-turn.

Minor Changes

- Set Change

Made the spread into max speed with 20 spa and the rest in HP. The Special Attack EVs allow you to OHKO Celebi after Stealth Rocks Damage. Pain Split allows you to 1v1 Blissey better, alongside Toxic over Will-O-Wisp. Toxic also hits Latias, which is a huge thorn in this version of the team's side, but can be dealt with between Cobalion, Hydreigon, and Celebi.

Conclusion and Importable

Alright, thing to note here in conclusion is that the team is kinda annoyed by Latias, but it can be played around. Everything else should be fine in theory, but Practice is the best solution to see what I missed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I hope you enjoy the team!

(Click sprites for importable w/ changes)
this team has 0 breakers besides celebi, sd > taunt on cobalion for sure, having little offensive presence on a team like this just invalidates the point of using bo, good rate though team is solid

Hey Celebiii really cool team you have built around Celebi here. Seeing as you built around the core of Celebi + Prima + Rotom-H I intend to keep said core, especially because the synergise pretty well together. The team had a pretty good structure going for it, but the Diancie and Forretress picks are very odd. Diancie doesn't add any defensive utility outside of Stealth Rock because it doesn't check anything Prima + Rotom-H can't manage. While Forre gives you a steel type, it can't touch Latias meaning it can use it as set up fodder and just 6-0.

Major Changes:

>
: So as I said the Forretress felt really wierd here. You also lacked a ground type so Krookodile was a really nice pick here. It will act as your new form of speed control and gives you an electric immunity. Krookodile also helps trap and remove the ghost types in the tier that threaten Celebi and can remove Latias, which hard walls Celebi. Spread helps with eating Scarf Ape CC and attacks from Zera.

>
: Diancie as I stated is kinda redundant, so I suggest replacing it for Cobalion. Cobalion gives you a secondary answer to Scizor which is one of the biggest threats to Celebi. Rocky Helmet being nice for chipping it down to put it in range for a Shattered Psyche. This takes over the role are your hazard setter and SD allows it to have better breaking potential. it also deters Pokemon like Krook and Hydra spamming their dark stabs on Celebi.

>
: There is not much need for Infernape anymore as speed control + its typing now adds little utility here. I suggest using Scizor instead, because you are now in need of something capable of checking Latias. Scizor also eases the match up against Terrakion and Mega Altaria which can pose a threat to this team. Choice Band variant allows you to better handle Latias especially because this is your sole switch-in to it + creates a VoltTurn core with Rotom-H.

Minor Changes:

(Move Suggestion): I recommend using Recover of Dazzling to help ease your stall match up. It makes you less reliant on Scizor for pressuring Stall.

(Spread & Move Changes): I suggest using a standard fast variant of Rotom-H allowing you to handle Pokemon like Mamo and Nidoking better. This will become your new Defog user. It isn't too overworked on this team thanks to Aggron also checking Scizor and Terrak pressuring flying types.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you like the suggestions and want to test it out. Overall this will help support Celebi a bit better, while patching up the issues you previously had. The stall match up should be a lot easier for you to play around especially because Celebi beats non Toxic Blissey sets. As far as threats go opposing Cobalion can be troublesome. Making sure it doesn't get a free oppurtunity to set up especially if it is dual dance is important and keeping Prima + Celebi healthy to beat it. Krook can always revenge too. I know this variant is a lot more offensive than the original you posted, but I hope it is still too your liking. If you have any questions just let me know ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)