First RMT: Love For Scrafty!

Hello Smogon!

Ryujin here. I've been doing some Showdown and PO and with my mentor on PO I made this team which I will explain. I'm fairly new to the competetive scene so my RMTs and details aren't that amazing... So my excuses for that.

The team:

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 230 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Ah. Rhyperior. My answer to Bulk Up Braviary and flying types in general! This Rhyperior has saved my ass more then once and even got me 6-0's on teams which were extremely weak against this Rhyperior. This Physical Defensive wall is 75% my lead, depending if I need SR or not OR that they think I will lead with Accelgor/A other pokemon so I can kill them off right away to save trouble. I chose Megahorn over another move since MH can give me the upperhand against stuff like a Xatu or an incoming Shaymin. Rock Blast for those annoying Subbers and EQ which should be easy to guess why...

Accelgor (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- Toxic

Ah. Accelgor, the Spiker. With it's Focus Sash it will get at least 1 or 2 layer of spikes or 1 layer of spikes and perhaps a toxiced pokemon. It can also give suprise KO's since they don't suspect Bug Buzz at all. It's great to counter stuff like Xatu with or even an Umbreon. For the rest, it's mostly setting up spikes and then die. But those spikes are really handy for the sweep of the opposing team. EV's let it outspeed everything with an Unburden boost and the Special Attack for Bug Buzz and Focus Blast.

Scrafty (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Rest
- Drain Punch

Ah... Shed Skin Scrafty. I found this Scrafty on another RMT. Then I realized how stallish this can be. Rest + Shed Skin=Pwnage. Throw in Drain Punch for the much needed HP recovery if Rest isn't an option. Bulk Up is chosen over DD since I believe Speed doesn't do that much for my Scrafty. Crunch over any other move since this can safely switch in on Ghost types.

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Counter

Dusclops is my Fighting/Normal counter. This set annoys SO many people with WoW and Pain Split. Although, the last move Pain Split will need some prediction here and then. Night Shade to prevent to become Taunt fodder. Counter is especially handy when you can stall the last pokemon out, especially Physical attackers.

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Ah. My Psychic type. Slowbro is an awesome asset to my team. It checks counters for Shaymin aswell deal with those pesky Fighting types and Steel types. It of course is the best way to scare off fire pokemon and lure an appropriate counter in. I sometimes suprise KO with Fire Blast since some people don't expect it somehow. But I'm thinking to replace Fire Blast with Ice Beam since those pesky Flygon, Gligar and other types that Slowbro can't handle with the Scald/Fire Blast.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SAtk / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Ah. Shaymin, the annoying SubSeeder. I've had much fun with this, although I barely know how to play with it correctly. But that's just me needing to learn competetive ^^. The standard SubSeeder set is here. Seed Flare is here to deal amazing amounts of damage. It can deal a good chunk, if not kill a Swampert. The speed EV's allow me to outspeed other Shaymins.

Threat List:

Tbh, I have no clue what threats I have D:.

Thanks for reading my RMT, and please help me improve my team!

So to summarize:
Defensive SR Rhyperior / Unburden Sash Accelgor / BU RestSkin Scrafty / Standard Dusclops / RH Slowbro / Fucking Shaymin

I like your team overall, but you have some weaknesses.

Rhyperior should be changed to specially defensive. Why? Because it's that much more awesome, and most people will automatically switch their bulky water in on him. Slowbro or Blastoise are good examples, and with Solid Rock, a Grass or Water attack leave you with HP left.
Blastoise:
Your Rhyperior: 0 SpA Blastoise Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 363-432 (83.83 - 99.76%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
SpD Rhyperior: 0 SpA Blastoise Scald vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 255-306 (58.89 - 70.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Since you have no spinner, please consider this option. I'm not saying he should ever go up against Blastoise, but just in case.

Accelgor doesn't need Unburden. What would you need 778 Speed for? He doesn't stand a chance against Mienshao or Heracross anyways, since he has no moves that he could really do any damage to them with.
You talk a lot about Xatu, and here's my ideas:
Change him to Sticky Hold. Trick Xatu (and other utility-counters like Rotoms and Trick Sableye) will miss a turn on you.
Change Focus Blast to HP Rock and Bug Buzz to U-turn. Why?
Xatu
Your Accelgor: 252 SpA Accelgor Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Xatu: 112-133 (33.53 - 39.82%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Accelgor Hidden Power Rock vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Xatu: 116-138 (34.73 - 41.31%) -- 11.33% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
U-turn lets you keep the offensive momentum your team sort of lacks (no shame, so does mine). It's not a huge difference, dealing 40% instead of 38% damage on a Xatu that switches in does make a difference (mentally), and while he Roosts/Thunder Waves on turn 2, you're already out of there with U-turn.

If you seriously still want Scrafty, I won't hold you back. The thing is; he's pretty much useless in today's metagame. Everything is better than him. Mienshao, Heracross, even Machamp.

Remove Dusclops, please. He's just awful. I'd suggest Cofagrigus, but the least you can do is remove Counter. Maybe replace it with Substitute, so that you can utilize Pain Split much more effectively. But seriously, Dusclops is piss poor.

Fuck you and your Shaymin, I hate that thing so much. Fuck. It's so good. Nice one.

All in all, your team is low on offensive momentum. I like that. Nice one.

Specially Defensive SR Rhyperior / Sticky Hold Unburden Sash Accelgor (with U-turn and HP Rock) / BU RestSkin Scrafty (Oh god) / Standard Dusclops Cofagrigus / RH Slowbro / Fucking Shaymin

About the Slowbro, should I change Fire Blast to Ice Beam so I can check Dragon types too or should I keep Fire Blast for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)