ORAS OU First RMT, please help out

Hello guys, this is my first RMT, and I kinda put this team together just so I could play for fun. Its nothing special, it hasn't gone to the top of the ladder or any of that, but its just fun to use. To be honest it is very inconsistent, at times I can smash through an opponent's team easily, but at other times, I get absolutely demolished. Hopefully you guys can help me improve this team so that it becomes beast and much more consistent.

So yes: Here is my team

crazy mf (Pinsir-Mega) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Close Combat

I had Mega Salamence in this slot before it got banned, and Mega Pinsir was the next best thing to use on my team. It has priority in the form of Quick Attack, which allows it to KO frailer Pokemon after a Swords Dance. Frustration, with Aerilate, hits extremely hard, and is generally used against slower, bulkier pokemon, and Close Combat is used over Earthquake because it allows it to deal huge damage (as shown below) to Skarmory and Rotom-W. Mega Pinsir often only has one shot of doing as much damage as possible due to the likelihood of Stealth Rocks being set up. Adamant Nature is used to deal as much damage as possible, because I already have Quick Attack to outspeed faster pokemon.

+2 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 186-219 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 225-265 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 452-532 (117 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Metagross: 176-208 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

flinches (Jirachi) @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam

Pretty standard Jirachi set, with Fire and Ice punch for coverage and that occasional burn and freeze. Iron Head and Body Slam pretty much give me a guaranteed kill or paralysis every game, which is pretty sweet. It's not very powerful, even with a band, but the band can increase 3HKO's from iron head into 2HKO's, which can be important.

FLUFFY (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus-T is pretty much a must on every team in OU right now, and it was no exception for me, covering for all of Pinsir's weaknesses, except Ice type, for which Jirachi and Rotom can both deal with easily. All the moves are pretty standard on a normal offensive Landorus, and can often be switched into stuff like Scizor and Heracross, forcing them to switch out.

tank as fk (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 116 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

This Tyranitar is literally unbreakable if there are no fighting types on the opponents team. It has good bulk, unbelievable defenses due to sand stream, the assault vest and the maxed out defense, and good offensive power, and moves, to do some good damage to the opponent's pokemon. Even though it lacks the use of stealth rock and healing through leftovers, I feel as though the advantages of using this set hugely outweigh its advantages.

252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 116 HP / 28 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 228-272 (61.6 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 116 HP / 28 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 134-162 (36.2 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 116 HP / 28 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 198-234 (53.5 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 116 HP / 28 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 121-142 (32.7 - 38.3%) -- 97.4% chance to 3HKO

pecktime (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 170 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

This used to be specially defensive, but Greninja is not here right now so I changed it to be more physically defensive so it took less damage from stuff like Latios's Psyshock and other non-super effective moves. This thing is also unbelievably hard to break. Even with its eviolite knocked off, it still has strong defenses to put up a fight and stall out the opponent. While download can give its attacks a huge boost, trace was more useful as it was able to copy stuff like intimidate, flash fire, magic bounce and unaware, making it unpredictable and hard to deal with.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 84 HP / 170 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 164-192 (49.3 - 57.8%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 84 HP / 170 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 157-186 (47.2 - 56%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 84 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 61-73 (18.3 - 21.9%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 84 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 124-147 (37.3 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

samsung (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 Def / 112 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Pretty standard set from Rotom-W. I don't put EV's in HP so then pain split can do more damage to the opposing pokemon. The extra EV's in defense also makes Will-O-Wisp just that bit more annoying, and some special attack EV's allow Hydro Pump and Volt Switch to do some modest damage.

So yeah that is the entire team, heaps of feedback would be appreciated, but unfortunately I have to go now, so I will put up a threat list and all of that later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)