First RMT

Been battling in shoddy with this team for awhile, and it's been working pretty well. I'll cover the team then the main problems I've been having.

The Team

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability:Clear Body
Ev's:252 HP/244 Atk/12 Def
Nature: Adamant

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Explosion

Good lead. Throw out Stealth Rock first, unless I come out against a lead I know will use taunt (i.e. Aerodactyl, and Azelf are the two that immediately come to mind) in which case I go for a move that will 2HKO, or better. I moved the 8 speed EV's recommended for this set to Atk for that purpose. Explosion in case I need to take a bulky switch in. (Caught a swampert off guard and got OHKO after stealth rock)

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Ev's: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Nature:Adamant

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Toxic

I use him more as a scout then a power attacker; but that's just how my battles tend to be. Revenge killing is another great trait from this set. I switched out Pursuit in favour of Toxic due to the surprising amount of stall teams I've seen, Toxic followed by Scizor's attacks is lethal. Scizor is definitely a great threat in OU, and I had an old team built around him but I scrapped it, mainly because I started losing.

Latias @ Choice Specs
Ability:Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe/
Nature:Timid

Dragon Pulse
Surf
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, accuracy over power, basically. Psychic takes out Gengar (Always have trouble with it) Surf switches in on Heatran to protect my Metagross lead and Scizor. Thunderbolt lets me switch in on Gyarados and bulky water types, and breaks a Vaporean wall (Occasional Paralysis is always good too.) Also Protects my next Pokemon:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Flash Fire
Ev's:4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature:Naive

Fire Blast
Explosion
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power

Revenge killer mainly. Dragon Pulse+Naive+Choice Scarf=1HKO after stealth rock on Salamence and Dragonite. Fire Blast for massive damage. Explosion if necessary, and Earth power to take out anything it can't hit with something else. I also switch him in for Scizor if a fire attack is coming for Flash Fire boost.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability:Intimidate
Ev's:16 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe
Nature:Naive

Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
Outrage

Late Game sweeper and finisher. Earthquake, Fire Blast and Outrage for sweeps. I chose Dragon Claw as my last attack to just quickly finish something off with STAB without getting locked into Outrage.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
Ev's:252 HP/92 SpD/164 Spe
Nautre:Careful

Mean Look
Baton Pass
Wish
Confuse Ray

Mean Look - Confuse Ray - Wish - Baton Pass. Four turns, but no switch, confusion, And I usually follow up with Salamence who can use the wish. If no one on my team really needs it then I won't wish, opting for a faster switch out. I originally ran Taunt instead of Confuse Ray but after experimenting with Confuse Ray I found it more effective.

Common problems/threats:

Swampert. I counter it by switching to Umbreon. Mean Look - Confuse Ray - Wish (if needed) - Baton Pass to Scizor. Hit it with Toxic. U-Turn back to Umbreon, and just alternate between Wish and Confuse Ray until it falls. Costly due to amount of turns it takes to really set up, and If Umbreon gets taken out or is out before the Swampert comes in I'm in trouble. I can also switch in and explode, but since I often see them late in the game Metagross is usually gone, same goes for Heatran

Empoleon. Never come across one. However, I recognize that Specs Latias would only 2HKO with Thunderbolt (I believe) a defensively minded Empoleon, and if it has Ice Beam and Surf, that would take out Latias, Salamence, And Heatran.

Comments/Criticism/Advice; any and all is appreciated.

I have noticed that aside fro scizor and gross you have no physical attackers so i recommend that you run a choice scarf flygon and switch toxic on scizor for pursuit to hit fleeing ghost types. Also umbreon can be replaced with the standard wish support vaporeon.

I U-Turn off ghosts, so no pursuit there.

And I use Umbreon over Vaporeon Because I've seen so many strategies to take out a wish Vaporeon.

If I use a scarf Flygon who would I take out?

Didn't notice that. So:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Ev's:252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature:Adamant

Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
Outrage

Over Mence? Also, can you think of a better EV spread then the one I have?

Edit: Just ran Flygon over 'Mence, worked well and the only difference I really noticed was the SR difference. Not sure If i'll keep it yet tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)