First RU Team. Open to any and all suggestions

I wanted to build a team around Choice Scarf Flygon, because I liked this particular pocket monster.
And because I can only play offensive teams, 5/6 of the mons here are meant to sweep.

Bestgon (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Flygon is here as an early/mid game revenge killer and late game cleaner, packing that spicy Dragon Ground coverage and U-turn for scouting for it's offensive moves. In addition it has Defog because I couldn't find space for an actual entry-hazard controller.

Max Atk and Spe alongside an Adamant nature to hit as hard as possible.

Gallade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

I could only really stomach a single fully defensive Pokemon, so Assault Vest Gallade was chosen as a special bruiser.
Drain Punch for recovery and STAB, Zen Headbutt for STAB, Knock Off to be as annoying as humanly possible and provide an additional answer to things like Uxie, and Shadow Sneak for a last-ditch attack in the form of priority, or to pick off a low HP opponent.

Almost max HP and some SPD for tankyness, and Max Atk with an Adamant nature to hit hard.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
There it is. That one fully defensive mon on this offensive team. Seismitoad is here as a check of sorts to physically offensive mons, although it's lack of recovery and weakness to status leave it capable of being worn down.
Stealth Rocks need no introduction.
Scald for STAB and that 30% (more like 3% :/) chance to cripple physically offensive sweepers
Earth Power for obligatory STAB and coverage
Toxic for opposing walls (except Registeel :/)
Max HP and Def with a Bold nature and the rest in SpA

Besteon (Jolteon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam
Besteon is here to complete the Volt-Turn core with Flygon, even though it's movepool is as deep as a puddle. In spite of this Jolteon packs the Choice Specs in order to hit as hard as possible.

Volt Switch to complete the core.
Thunderbolt as a harder hitting spammable STAB move.
HP Grass in order to catch Rhyperior (and any other Ground type on the switch)
Signal Beam because why not.
Max SpA and Spe with a Timid nature to be as fast as possible and still hit hard, with the rest in SpD.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Now here's a filler Pokemon. Aerodactyl is here as nothing more than filler in the form of a potential cleaner, with some respectable Speed, and that's about it.

Stone Miss for STAB and coverage
Earthquake to fill the EdgeQuake combo for coverage.
Pursuit. Contemplating changing this to Defog to open a slot for Bestgon
Roost for recovery
Max Atk and Spe with a Jolly Nature to hit as hard and fast as possible, with the rest going to SpD.

Sneasel (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Unlike Aero, Sneasel is not a filler pokemon and instead is a mon I actually care about. Just like in OU as a Weavile, Sneasel is here as a fast physical sweeper with a potent offensive STAB combo.

Knock Off because STAB and that overwhelming urge to be as annoying as possible to walls.
Icicle Crash for STAB and nice coverage.
Pursuit in order to trap Psychics. (To date this has never happened, might change this to Ice Shard)
Low Kick for some more coverage.

EV spread is the exact same as Aero with the exact same reasoning.

Flygon / Gallade / Seismitoad / Jolteon / Aerodactyl / Sneasel

Hey cool offensive team based around Scarf Flygon. However, I have a few changes to suggest to improve the team.

Pokemon Changes-

Gallade is a decent mon however the Assault Vest barely has a use in the tier as it is heavily outclassed by the sub + bu set. Furthermore, even if it as offensive team, you should have a decent switch in to Fighting types, otherwise Pokemon like Scarf Medicham, Scarf Hitmonlee, etc. can sweep you with ease. For this reason I would recommend running Rotom > Gallade to help in stopping fighting types from pressing High Jump Kick all the time. Rotom functions as a decent spinblocker vs Blastoise while also being able spread burns to other physical attackers.

Minor Changes-

Due to the recent addition to Slurpuff to the tier, Scarf Flygon is one of the two scarfers (other one being Delphox) that will outspeed it, if it has a Jolly nature and Puff has an Adamant Nature. Slurpuff is definitely a prominent issue for this team due to +6 unburden Slurpuff basically sweeping. Therefore I would definitely recommend changing from an Adamant to Jolly nature. This will give you a good revenge killer if it does manage to get up a bellydrum. Low Kick is a good coverage move on Sneasel and targets some Pokemon like Registeel, however I would recommend Ice Shard over Low Kick for it on this team as priority is definitely beneficial on offensive teams and it helps you OHKO Dugtrio which can trap + outspeed or get off damage on faster Pokemon like Aerodactyl + Jolteon / chip scarfers. Finally, I would recommend running HP Ice over HP Grass on Jolteon because although Rhyperior is a good target to hit, you have switch ins that can threaten it like Seismitoad, while pokemon like Flygon on opposing teams are harder to switch in to and HP Ice will OHKO it.

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

Hope I helped!

Flygon / Gallade / Seismitoad / Jolteon / Aerodactyl / Sneasel

Hey cool offensive team based around Scarf Flygon. However, I have a few changes to suggest to improve the team.

Pokemon Changes-

Gallade is a decent mon however the Assault Vest barely has a use in the tier as it is heavily outclassed by the sub + bu set. Furthermore, even if it as offensive team, you should have a decent switch in to Fighting types, otherwise Pokemon like Scarf Medicham, Scarf Hitmonlee, etc. can sweep you with ease. For this reason I would recommend running Rotom > Gallade to help in stopping fighting types from pressing High Jump Kick all the time. Rotom functions as a decent spinblocker vs Blastoise while also being able spread burns to other physical attackers.

Minor Changes-

Due to the recent addition to Slurpuff to the tier, Scarf Flygon is one of the two scarfers (other one being Delphox) that will outspeed it, if it has a Jolly nature and Puff has an Adamant Nature. Slurpuff is definitely a prominent issue for this team due to +6 unburden Slurpuff basically sweeping. Therefore I would definitely recommend changing from an Adamant to Jolly nature. This will give you a good revenge killer if it does manage to get up a bellydrum. Low Kick is a good coverage move on Sneasel and targets some Pokemon like Registeel, however I would recommend Ice Shard over Low Kick for it on this team as priority is definitely beneficial on offensive teams and it helps you OHKO Dugtrio which can trap + outspeed or get off damage on faster Pokemon like Aerodactyl + Jolteon / chip scarfers. Finally, I would recommend running HP Ice over HP Grass on Jolteon because although Rhyperior is a good target to hit, you have switch ins that can threaten it like Seismitoad, while pokemon like Flygon on opposing teams are harder to switch in to and HP Ice will OHKO it.

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

Hope I helped!

Any suggestions are helpful, thank you for spending the time on this thread :)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Following from the rate Chakra provided.

I feel this team is extremely pressured by hazards and needs much more reliable initial power than just jolteon, some extra wallbreaker power. In fact, with rotom, seismitoad, and aerodactyl you have more than enough to pressure all relevant flying types in fletchinder and braviary and by consequences not lose to them so Id go Scarf Hitmonlee over Jolteon in this build. The ability to beat bulky waters like alomomola is covered by rotom anyways and this will give you a reliable revenge killer while having the emergency spin in case you are pressured by opposing hazards. Definitely a momentum killer but it is less detrimental that being locked into a choice scarf defog, same effect but you lose your own hazards which is worse.

Next, with Hitmonlee being your scarfer here, Id just put a Choice Band on Flygon instead of Choice Scarf. This will give you a reliable offensive pivot and a really nice wallbreaker to use and giving you the extra punch this team was lacking. U-turn isnt blocked by anything and isnt so prediction reliant like Jolteon so I feel this could work for you.

Next, even though Roost on Aerodactyl is good for the longevity, generally Aerodactyl doesnt have the time or ability to Roost against anything during a match and given the offensive nature of the team I do believe it would be more beneficial to run Aerial Ace over Roost on Aero. Rotom being your only response against fighting types like virizion is a big problem so this addition could help with that, and help to eliminate non life orb medicham, gallade, sawk and hitmonlee much more efficiently for you.

I agree with running Ice Shard instead of Low Kick on Sneasel cause I feel the team already cover Low Kick targets and the priority is nice for opposing scarf Flygon, Aerodactyl, and Hitmonlee anyways since they could be really annoying.
Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Close Combat

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hope this helps you. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)