First team for two years!

Hey everyone, this is my first ever team since I stopped playing Pokemon over two years ago. A really good friend of mine got me back into playing it and this is the first competitive team I've come up with so far. I've just won my first battle on the Pokemon Showdown Battle Simulator thing that smogon provides!

I know for a fact that this is not going to be a good team, but for my first attempt considering I have forgotten more or less all the important things, I think it's a good try! I would like everyones advice or what I should change, of I should switch out some Pokemon or moves etc.

I appreciate any and all help as I am the newbie here! Thanks a lot guys and girls. Heres the team. (copy and pasted from Pokemon Showdown text file)

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Softboiled
- Wish
- Toxic

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 SDef
- Aqua Tail
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

@ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Night Slash
- Zen Headbutt
- X-Scissor

@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Serious Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Welcome back.

You're going to want to elaborate on each team member and stuff like that or this thread's gonna get locked. Refers to other RMTs around.

Why do you give your gliscor toxic orb, if its ability is hyper cutter? I don't see the benefit

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey,

So you really want to add descriptions to your team (otherwise a mod will lock this thread), generally around 3-4 lines is a good amount to aim for and if you want to see examples just look in the RMT Archive.

Anyways onto the team itself. It seems like you are really stuck between an offensive build and a more stallish one, limiting the effectiveness of your team. If I were you I would choose whether to make this a more offensive oriented one or defensively oriented one. Since I'm not sure which direction you want to take this team I'll just do a vague outline for a defensive build (seems like your team is more oriented to that), and would be happy to come back and do a full rate once you have made some changes yourself. You could probably try to use a more defensive Starmie set (makes it a really reliable spinner), Poison Heal on Gliscor (recovery), and Whirlwind on Hippowdon (helps vs those random Mr.Mime BP Chains). Gallade would most likely have to be replaced, as there are better lures/attackers in the metagame and doesn't really work that well on a stallish build (lacks bulk/purpose). Tyranitar also seems to lack a main purpose, but if you are keen on keeping it could try scarfing it to better handle threatening wallbreakers. Also if you are having trouble getting more adjusted to the metagame you can always join the next Battling 101 session for some help from seasoned players. Anyways, gl getting back into the metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)