First Team Goes For The Win!!!(RMT)

Hello there, I am Lies and this is my first pokemon team, I have created it on Shoddy and it has worked out really well, but I want to know what should I change or improve about my team. Please, help me as much as you can, if you have to tell me a moveset sucks, or I'm using a poke that doesn't fit in my team, just say it, I would appreciate your help(just please don't criticize the nicknames).

By the way, I am peruvian so I may mispell some words =(.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Lead
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Explosion(BOOM)

Classic(or almost classic) Azelf lead, it can set up stealth rock, survive an attack, then go boom. It can easily 2HKO an Aerodactyl by using psychic on the first turn(when aero uses taunt), then using it again. It has worked almost all of the time and the only weakness i have seen in it(respecting other leads) is weavile, who outspeeds it and is immune to psychic. Flamethrower is for Metagross leads and those annoying Jirachi leads.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Dragon Dance Sweeper
Nickname: Draco
Ability:Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/ 52 Atk/ 204 Spd
Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SAtk)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

My fav. poke, Dragonite is a good dragon dancer because of its good defenses(well, not great but at least better than Salamence's), however, it hasn't been very good in shoddy, so if you could give any suggestions about changing its movepool or the poke itself would be helpful. Since dragon dance raises its atk and spd by 1 it can easily kill breeloom, as long as it has used dragon dance before the breeloom switched in. It also kills skarmory, bronzong and steelix, not mensioning a neutral, STAB and DD boosted dragon claw can be a huge threat to a lot of pokemon(the pokes who resist dragon claw are destroyed by fire puch).

Gyarados@Leftovers
Dragon Dance Sweeper(Yeah... Another)
Nickname: OceanLord
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

My second DD Sweeper, however, Gyara has worked wonderful in Shoddy, even getting to KO 5 pokes in a row, Gyara waits for a chance to set up and when its ready it just rams trough anything. Waterfall is there because it is a powerful physical and STABed attack with great type coverage, while Stone Edge severely hits anything that resists Waterfall. I've changed roar to earthquake because anyways Gyara can KO almost everything that tries to roar it.

Electivire@Life Orb
Nickname: ElectroShock
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake

OK, he originally wasn't going to be on my team, but when I saw the synergy it had with Gyarados and the great type coverage it had, I just couldn't say no, it hits popular pokes like Tyranitar, Lucario and Heatran really hard, which comes really handy considering they can destroy my team. Unfortunatly, Vire needs to get hit by an electric attack for it to start sweeping, so E-Vire needs to depend on its wonderful type coverage to do damage.

Gengar@Petaya Berry
SubPetaya/Special Sweeper
Nickname: GhostOfTheAtic
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature(+Spd, -Atk)
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Bomb

OK, being serious, my team screamed for a special attacker, and gengar is the best for the job, being like a special counterpart to Gyarados in that they both destroy teams. However, Gengar doesn't have and Special Attack boosting nature, so he depends on doing substitutes till he reaches 1 HP, so that he gets a SAtk boost and starts sweeping. Kinda based on Marriland's Gengar, it can eliminate other Gengar and the powerful Tyranitar. It can also defeat most poke it hits for neutral damage after the petaya boost, so it is a great poke. Its only flaw(that I can find, you obviously can find others), is that it will be at 1 HP when it gets the boost, so sandstorm, hail or burn can be crippling, so if you know how much EVs I should put onto HP so that it only needs 3 subs, please tell me.

Foretress@Leftovers
Spiker and Rapid Spinner
Nickname: BugBurger
Ablity: Sturdy(I'm praying for it to get a better ability in 5ft gen.)
EVs: 252 HP/ 144 Def/ 112 SDef
Careful Nature(+SDef, -SAtk)
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Payback
-Explosion

A spiker and a Rapid Spinner in one pokemon, truly, a great combination, I have splited its EVs into Def and SDef, so that it has balanced defenses, thereby being able to switch into more pokes. I have spend some EVs in SDef for it to be able to take special attacks, obviously it won't take any fire attack but it still can survive enough time for it to rapid spin or lay down one layer of spikes.

Some attacks are in red because they are new to the moveset(change it thanks to suggestions).
I am sorry for the long descriptions, but please rate my team.

Ok well on Azelf, although the accuracy drop is unappealing, you need to switch flamethrower to fire blast to deal a significant amount of damage to Metagross and other leads weak to it.

On Dragonite I suggest changing it to a MixNite, otherwise stall can stop your team. So put a set like this,
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability:Inner Focus
Evs:112Atk/196SpA/200Spe
Nature:Rash
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Superpower
-Roost
This guy can stop many Pokemon and OHKO Bliss, Heatran, Tyranitar

On Gyarados take out either Stone Edge or Earthquake for Taunt. Because you don't want a Phazer like Skarmory tocome in and just Whirlwind you away. That way you can also get up another DD as they switch.

On Electivire, MixVire beats out your current set IMO due to excellent coverage so run this...
Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability:Motor Drive
Evs:36Atk/252SpA/220Spe
Nature:Mild
-Thunderbolt
-Hp Grass
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower

Run Hp Grass>Ice because of the lack of dragons now and otherwise Swampert could completely wall this set.

Switch Gengar to a Revenge killer with a set such as...
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Levitate
Evs:4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
Nature:Modest
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

Run modest>timid because you will all ready be extremely fast so you want that extra power. This way you can effectively revenge kill many pokemon. You could opt for Hp Ice>Trick to deal with any Dragons and Gliscor better, but I put trick so you can completely nullify most walls by just tricking them a Choice Scarf.

Hope I Helped.

Thanks for the help, gonna edit the team tomorrow with the changes I do to it, i'm switching earthquake with taunt on Gyarados and the other changes on Nite. Gengar will become a LO user now. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)