First Team in A LONG While

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried to make a competitive team in about 2 years (even then it was for Wi-Fi). Having discovered Shoddy, and Smogon, I have made a team. I would create a threats list, but thats part of the reason I'm posting this. I'm having trouble understanding what pokemon will give me trouble and what I should be looking out for. Forgive me if I miss something.

Pokemon #1
Swampert @ Leftovers (Torrent)
Relaxed 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Protect

Swampert starts the game off hopefully setting up SR for Gengar and Dragonite and scouting with Protect. He covers nicely for Dragonite and Skarmory being able to absorb Fire, Electric, and Ice Attacks.

Pokemon #2
Skarmory @ Shed Shell (Keen Eye)
Impish 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spe
Bravebird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Skarmory is Blissey's natural partner. Good type coverage and sets up Spikes to aid my sweepers. Whirlwind is for annoying damage and unfavorable matchups.

Pokemon #3
Dragonite @ Life Orb (Inner Focus)
Rash 116 Atk/192 SpA/200 Spe
Draco Meter
Superpower
Flamethrower
Roost

Mixnite is my first sweeper. Benefits greatly from SR and Spikes set up by his teamates and has good type coverage. Has enough natural bulk to make a decent switch in most of the times.

Pokemon #4
Scizor @ Choice Band (Technician)
Adament 252 Atk/248 HP/8 Spe
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Super Power
Pursuit

Seems like he is in a lot of teams. Probably because of his versatility and raw power. He helps scout and gives my team an answer to ghost/psychic pokemon with Pursuit.

Pokemon #5
Blissey @ Leftovers (Natural Cure)
Bold 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave

Blissey is my special wall/status inducer. She can switch in on a special attacked aimed at say Skarmory and proceed to induce a status the next turn (Toxic whittles away more damage, combining with my entry hazards, and Thunder Wave slows down possible counters to Bliss). Pairs great with Skarmory.

Pokemon #6
Gengar @ Life Orb (Levitate)
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Explosion

Gengar is my special sweeper. I like the power of life orb and the ability to switch in on fighting moves thrown at Blissey. Explosion is for raw power and sometimes to get rid of an opposing wall. Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focusblast provide good coverage. Also serves as my anti-spinner, protecting my entry hazards.

Overall my strategy is to set up entry hazards with Swampert/Skarmory, while making life tougher for my opponent with Blissey's status moves. Moves like protect and U-turn allow my team to scout and heal up (in the case of Swampert). Finally I bring in powerful sweepers to end the game (Dragonite and Gengar).

Like I said, I am struggling with a threats list. I hardly think my team is perfect, or even good. My knowledge of the metagame is just very little at this point.

So any help would be appreciated.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating the above quoted RMT rule. If you wish to remedy this problem, lengthen your descriptions by including more information. By adding more information, the individuals that decide to rate your team will be able to help you more effectively. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see prime examples of what we're looking for in an RMT! If you improve your explanations for your Pokémon, please private message me indicating that you've done so by showing me your new descriptions. Once you've done that, I will re-open this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)