ORAS Ubers First Team I've Made Please Help!

This is the first team I've ever made in Pokemon. This is an Uber team for battle. Please comment if you have any ideas or suggestions for my team. Much Appreciated! And heres my team;

Darkrai Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

I chose Darkrai as he was my preferred Fast Special Sweeper. Dark Void is its signature move due to its Bad Dreams ability. I choose Dark Pulse as a 'must' for its accuracy, power and its 20% chance of making my opponent flinch. Sludge Bomb is just an extra attacking move in case my opponent resists dark easily, but mainly because of both its accuracy and power. I chose Taunt to easily counter Blisseys and Chanseys I may encounter as it easily prevents them from healing their allies.

Primal-Groudon Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave

I chose Primal-Groudon for my balanced tank. It can soak up alot of hits whilst still dealing plenty of damage back. As it can set up easily, it has Stealth Rock to lead all my others into battle. Earthquake was a must have due to its power and accuracy. I chose Lava Plume due to Primal-Groudon's Ability which increases Fire type moves. It also uses Thunder Wave as to easily paralyze the opponent to allow Darkrai to sweep easier.

Lugia Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

This set is mainly to toxic stall opponents while utilizing Ice Beam against more powerful pokemon including Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp. Whirlwind is to blow away other pokemon which are immune to toxic (Namely Skarmory and Ferrothorn.)

Blissey Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/252 SpD/4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

This set just like Lugia's utilizes Ice Beam. Heal Bell heals up my own pokemon which may have been poisoned/burned etc. Soft-Boiled and Toxic form the most powerful Toxic Stall set in the game (I think) and devastates unprepared opponents.

Salamence-Mega Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

This set utilizes Mega Salamence's over powered speed and attack with DD combined with Outrage and Earthquake. This could easily sweep and dominate the battle. And in Slot 4 is Roost just to heal all the minor damage up.

Ferrothorn Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

To top everything up, its Ferrothorn. Due to its great Grass/Steel typing its immune to Poison moves. This would have a huge impact against pokemon who try to Toxic Stall Ferrothorn. Spikes would have an obvious impact on the battlefield when all three layers are applied and then Ferrothorn can focus on Protecting itself or making way for a sweeper to destroy. Due to Ferrothorn's dreadful speed added with the Sassy Nature, Gyro Ball does extra damage against fast opponents such as Jolteon or Aerodactyl.

Once again, this is my first team I've created for battle and help and improvements would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey there.
If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions:

1 - Change the salamence set. I have no idea why you have outrage on it, but change it to mega-salamence's main stab, double edge.
I'd swap out earthquake for facade, since earthquake is very outdated, and gives you a way to punish status spam.

2 - Change the darkrai spread to timid, max speed. This allows you to outspeed all arceus formes, as well as other threats which it doesn't now, since it has 0 speed investment. I also prefer nasty plot over taunt, but that might just be me.

3 - Not really a change. I just wanted to mention that you don't need to prepare for jolteon etc. These pokemon have no place in ubers, as they are borderline worthless in the tier.

4 - I'd change ferrothorn to Latios/Latias. Ferrothorn doesn't really do anything for you, except giving you a secondary xerneas check, if it's not running focus blast. Latios/Latias gives you a way of dealing with Primal Kyogre, as well as giving you a way to remove hazards with defog. Always keep in mind when building a team, that you need hazard removal.

5 - I personally am not a big fan of blissey, and to me, it looks kind of random on this team. I get that you want to use heal bell as a utility to keep your team healthy and all, I'm just not sold on it. I'd suggest using defensive primal-kyogre over blissey. It gives you a status/sleep absorber, as well as a more solid way to deal with physically offensive threats.

I would also like to fit an arceus form on there, since there never is a reason not to use an arceus, but I don't want to change too much about your team, since that goes against the policies of a team rate. I don't think your team is there yet, even with the changes, but it should make it a lot more viable at least. I hope my rate was of some help, and wish you further luck with your team.

LucosDiCampos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)