XY OU First team, trying to iron out some issues

This is my first competitive team (in my first pokemon game since Gold) and thus far its been serving me... okay.

Mawile @ Mawilite

Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD

• Play Rough

• Sucker Punch

• Sword Dance

• Iron Head
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy

Quiet 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpA

• Kings Shield

• Shadow Ball

• Flash Cannon

• Shadow Sneak
Volcarona @ Leftovers

Timid 240 HP/252 Def/ 16 SpD

• Quiver Dance

• Roost

• Bug Buzz

• Fiery Dance
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry

Bold 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe

• Volt Switch

• Hydro Pump

• Will-O-Wisp

• Rest
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet

Relaxed 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

• Gyro Ball

• Leech Seed

• Thunder Wave

• Stealth Rock
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf

Modest 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

• Surf

• Flamethrower

• Draco Meteor

• Dark Pulse

The biggest issue right now is a crippling weakness to fire. Since there are three pokemon weak to fire (one with a double weakness), the opponent is very likely to lead with a strong fire type (or something with fire attacks) and Ferrothorn feels worthless. I was considering replacing Ferrothorn and/or Hydreigon with Mamoswine and/or Tyranitar, thoughts?

Having a massive weakness like that is never any good. I noticed that you have three special sweepers on your team - maybe getting rid of Aegislash would be a good idea. He attacks from the special side, and has a fire weakness - two very common occurrences on your team. Putting a Tyranitar in its place can help alleviate the fire weakness, as well as allowing you to have an even amount of firepower for both sides of the spectrum.

Do you think swapping Ferrothorn out for Thick Fat Mamoswine is worth it as well or will removing Aegislash take enough heat (lol) off my team? And would you recommend this for the Tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
  • Pursuit
  • Crunch
  • Stone Edge
  • Earthquake

This thread is violating the RMT rules; just wanted to point that out. If you don't add more descriptive explanations of your team then it will most likely be locked. :)

Having read the rules, I have no idea what to say, really. I've got like 25 games played total. Most of these things were ripped straight from Smogon. I can't exactly give any insight; pokemon were chosen because I was told they went well together (and their advice seemed sound) and moves were chosen because they seem to be the consensus movesets for these pokemon.

Why Thirbird means is that you have to add at least 3 lines of information on each Pokemon, such as how it works, and how it contributes to your team as a whole. Otherwise, this thread will get locked.

A couple of things about the team. Ferrothorn should have a Speed IV of 0, to increase the base power of Gyro Ball, and the 4 EV's should be in Special Defense, not Attack. Hydreigon is better off running Fire Blast rather than Flamethrower, as it has a much higher power. This is especially important since it's Choiced. Apart from that, I can't say much without descriptions, although I do agree Tyranitar > Aegislash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)