SM OU First Time RMT Any Help Appreciated :)

Hi,
I'm still decently new to making teams so I'm seeing how I can improve my team. Usually, I like to build teams using many pokes I like and when I see other teams it's hard to find teams with many pokemon I really like. However, I'm okay with lots of changes with my team as I want to be able to experiment more and see what I like and maybe find new favorites. Any input would be appreciated :)

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
This Lele acts like my one-shot wonder as it hits like a truck with the choice specs. I usually throw it out first to do some early detrimental damage to easily kill defensive Landorus and if they don't throw a counter first, psychic can do a lot of damage to many switches unless its dark which I haven't seen happen during the early game so far. From my experience, Lele has been very powerful with a few formidable threats like Magearna, Kartana, and Heatran. So with this amazing mon, it punishes many switch-ins that try to avoid damage. Moonblast is for the pesky dragon types, hp fire to deal lots of damage for unsuspecting Kartana or Ferrothorn switch-ins and shadow ball for the psychic types (Maybe something instead of shadow)

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn
My last choice pokemon on the team. What can I say about Landorus? Overall just a very reliable mon that has made a great addition to the team ever since I added it. It does massive damage with their stab earthquake. A great pivot poke and works very well with the Tapu Lele and the Heatran and solving many of their threats, especially opposing Heatran and Magearna. Stone Edge is mainly to predict switch-ins like Zapdos trying to avoid earthquake, explosion is for massive suicide damage (Although always forget to use it) and U-Turn for a quick pivot.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
So far Alakazam is my favorite mega ( At least for ou) but I am looking at maybe changing it but I'm not too sure. It works really well with the amazing stab psychic along with the Psychic Surge from Lele it is amazing. Usually, I like to use it as a late game sweeper and sometimes if I'm lucky, it sweeps through the whole team when my team is in trouble. Normally, as Dragonite is always threatening to me, it is a really good counter after doing some damage with it and a taunt can help do the job even if I do have to sacrifice some pokes. Shadow ball is to take out other psychic threats, hp fire for Ferrothorn or Kartana switch-ins and focus blast to mostly take out Heatran in one or two hits. The only thing that scares me is how fragile it is.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Easily one of my favorite ou pokes. A great counter to common threats like Magearna, scarf Kartana, and Bulu and has been an amazing thing to switch into. I prefer magma storm over lava plume essentially for that sheer power even if there is that chance of missing. The difference is very noticeable when I use it and made my experience with Heatran all the better. Overall an amazing poke to go with Landorus and Lele to counter its weaknesses but for Heatran to cover Lele's weaknesses as well.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My favorite out of the tapus mostly because of its design. It's a nice pokemon for doing chip damage and can do massive damage in general with a mediocre sp attack and thunderbolt just taking out the competition with the electric terrain. Hidden power ice helps a lot with any Landorus or Gliscor switch-ins thinking they can throw an easy earthquake. I'm mostly using it for the versatility and just the fact that I love this poke. Dazzling gleam is usually used to do lots of damage to Dragonite, Kyurem-Black, and Garchomp

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp / 92 Def / 166 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
An amazing tank in ou. Just amazing. I love switching into it and at least in my ladder, many people struggle to get around it if they lost their fire or fighting type. Gyro ball is for those fairy types like the tapus and power whip for water and ground threats like Greninja or Garchomp. Some people might hate me for this but leech seed protect is amazing. If they can't counter with a super effective move, most of the time it can tank at least 2 hits. Throw those seeds and the seeds with the leftovers just cripple the other mon while helping my Ferrothorn and I love it.

As you can see I'm not the best so I'm looking for any help I can really get to help improve my team. Thank you! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)