SM Ubers First Uber Team - Offensive

Hello smogon!
This is my very first post and a RMT for the first UBER Team I've made.

I played Pokemon competitive back in Gen4/Gen5. Since there I fell in love with Uber and the strategies there (and of course the f*ing legendaries).
Then I did a veeeery long break, but a couple weeks ago I decided to take a look again and see how everything has evolved - 10 minutes later started to ladder again :blobwizard:
But therefore, this team is problably pretty upgradeable, cuz I´m noob.
Way to much sh*ttalk. Lets get started.

Teambuilding Process
1544125635667.png
First, I started with Zygarde-C. When I played Ubers with doneteams here on smogon, I battled a lot Zygardes (is that the f*cking plural for zygarde?) saw that Zygarde-C really can be annoying and super cool. So, come in my team!

1544125635667.png
1544127639672.png
Next, i put Mega-Mewtwo-X in my team. I like taunt and the damn power he has. But replaced him quite fast, cuz it doesnt fit that much in my opinion.

1544125635667.png
1544126117101.png
This F*cker. goddamn. Ripped my team (and all the other teams I played with) so often, that I decided to try him too. He is to good - I had Sash-Ray first, but I like MegaMence more.

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png
1544127669508.png
/
1544127677668.png
Necrozma-DM/Ultra-Necrozma. Tried both, one time DM with set-up, then with sr toxic etc, then Ultra-Necrozma setup. I like really all of this sets, lastly I´d go with SD Ultra-Necrozma. But no matter which form, the both just raised my weak against ground/dragon, so i replaced him with my fav Pokemon:

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png
1544126740527.png
such a beast. Love him (and he´s really cute). Normally I´d go with the bulk up Z-star Set (BEAST), but because I have quite many setuppers, I decided to go with the life orb set.

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png 1544126740527.png
1544126898456.png
what should I say? Nothing much have to for PrimalDon. He is not for nothing ranked A+ in Uber. So I took him to.

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png1544126740527.png1544126898456.png
1544127008076.png
Yveltal for some resistances. I decided to go with a stallbreaker set (taunt is to funny).

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png1544126740527.png1544126898456.png1544127008076.png
1544127158705.png
-Steel Arceus-Steel. The mob, I am most uncertain with. Maybe I´ll replace him with defensive Necro-DM? I don´t know. But for now, he is my defogger + SR Setter. Maybe I put SR even on Don, really not sure. But overall, I´m not really happy with this slot (tbh, only Arceus I like is SD-Ground/E-Killer).

1544125635667.png1544126117101.png1544126740527.png1544126898456.png1544127008076.png1544127158705.pngThe Team in Depth1544125635667.png1544126117101.png1544126740527.png1544126898456.png1544127008076.png1544127158705.png

1544127834626.png
1544127848995.png

Zygarde-C @ Leftovers
1544127987463.png

Ability: Power-Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows

The "Star" of the team? I don´t know. But he is king.
Set is pretty standard, but I took Glare over Dragon Tail cuz I like to spam Paralyze against Sweeper. Glare + DD helps to outspeed really many threats, and Zygarde-C´s incredible bulk makes this a bit easier. Spam Sub and watch the destroy.

1544128527113.png
1544128538772.png

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
1544128693672.png

Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost
- Frustration

This badboy. The core of this set is obvious, DD and sweep - but I´m not sure about the details. I dont like Double-Edge, so I wanted Facade, but in chat they told me to go for Frustration and obviously 0 happiness.
Sub is the next thing - not really sure, if it fits into this set/team. Two subs are maybe one to much? I thinked about Stone Edge/Eq to.

1544128961959.png
1544128977380.png

Marshadow @ Life Orb
1544129019091.png

Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Rock Tomb

As I said, I love Marsh and I usually love the bulk-up Set with Z-Spectral Thief. But becuz of too much setuppers, I took Marshadow as a revenge killer.
Maybe I take Hidden Power Ice over Rock Tomb, but opposite MegaMences are usually no problems with good prediction. So Rock Tomb for Ho-oh and Scarfers.

1544129350317.png
1544129359225.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
1544129485183.png

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 212 SpA / 144 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

I secretly hope, that this will troll other teams, because they think Don is SR-Setter when I pick him as lead and SteelCeus is SD (in fact, it doesn´t really troll).
Jokes beside, I like offensive Don. I like mixed Don even more.
It pressures many threats and surprises thanks to Overheat. Only blemish is the lack of Atk EVs, but this is always Mixed Dons problem.
Maybe I try another spread or switch SD for Rock Polish. But maybe even Overheat out, Rock Polish/Toxic in and Atk spread.

1544130369209.png
1544130377990.png

Yveltal @ Leftovers
1544130412072.png

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
My stallbreaker. I have pretty a weak against very stally teams (hate smeargle this f*cker) and taunt helps out. It really is not often suspected (which I really don`t understand tbh).
Besides of that, he scares the sh*t out of Necrozma-DM, Marshadow, PrimalDon giving me a free toxic shoot.
Because of the Spread, it comes to outspeede many defensive/stally Mobs and taunt them. Really good and important Mob, but, and thats the only blemish, it raises my Xerneas weakness.

1544130990084.png
1544130998911.png

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
1544131036686.png

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgement
- Stealth Rocks
- Defog
- Recover

The Mob I am a bit unhappy with. Seems a bit like a compromise solution, and tbh it is.
You lack Rocks? Pick Arceus. You lack Defog? Pick Arceus. You have a weak against one mob/one type? Make Arceus the type you need.
All in one, I got a Mob that has Defog, Rocks and the Resistence I need, but nevertheless feels kinda useless.
As I said above, maybe I`ll switch him with defensive Necro-DM and give defog Yveltal, even I like Yveltals set much how it is now.
I am not even sure if I need defog - so I could give SteelCeus Toxic/WoW.
EV spread is pretty standard.

Weaks/Threads
1544132503698.png
This goddamn x-mas tree. Scarfed Ones make look me dumb, but also the geomancy set is dangerous. Focus Blast destroys SteelCeus aswell.

1544132463048.png
(Primal-Ogre) The Physical sets are threatening. Sure, PrimalDon switch makes Kyogre Switch out, but this is just a question of who predicts better.
But he is possible to handle - so not that hard.

1544132410078.png
I do not see him that much, but he when, he is always does a ton of damage. The mixed set with hydropump, spacial rend, thunder and fireblast is really dangerous.

1544132385470.png
Ironic, isn`t it? I picked Zygarde-C for the threat list as a prototype for ground-attacks - but in special, Zygarde-C is goddamn annoying (yeah, thats why I am playing him). Dragon Tail or Glare, both DD Sets can cripple me ...

STALL TEAMS Ho-Oh, Ferrothorn, Lugia, Arceus Fairy, Toxic, Toxic, Toxic. I have issues with stall teams, no matter what team I am playing with, cuz I find it incredible hard to handle stall teams (cuz I´m noob, I know). But with this team, stall is even one step harder to handle. Only things I can do is taunt with yveltal, and the two subs can take status. But setting up in same turn is not promising every time, cuz lugia for example blows me straight away.
Because of that, I thinked about Magearna instead of SteelCeus to for Heal Bell and Steel. But Mag is not that versatile.

Arceus Fairy can also be told in same row with Xerneas of course (Calm Mind for example is dangerous).

Importable

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Frustration
- Roost

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb
- Superpower
- Spectral Thief

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 212 SpA / 144 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Judgment
- Defog

So, this was my very first post and my first RMT. I hope you guys like this and the team and I´m looking forward for some tips and advices to rock Ubers like StoneCeus.

Cheers

Attachments

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi Kizzo,

Welcome to Smogon! I think your team is really solid. Zygarde is so much fun, basically wins games by itself. I did a bit of testing with it and sadly I forgot to save replays and also hate laddering so I couldn't be bothered laddering any more I've got a few changes in mind that can improve your matchup against threats such as Primal Kyogre, Palkia and Xerneas.

Major Changes:

>

I initially had Necrozma-DM here as your team is really Xern weak, and as you mentioned, Focus Blast destroys Steelceus anyway, it's also 2HKO'd by a +2 Moonblast, so for the most part, it's not really doing anything for this team, other than being a Steel-type that's setting rocks. While Necrozma-DM is an improvement over Steelceus and improves your Xerneas Matchup, you're still incredibly weak to Kyogre and Palkia, so I thought that Ferrothorn is a nice replacement. The set I had in mind was:

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip/Bullet Seed.

The idea behind this set is to be annoying with Leech Seed + Spikes. Chople Berry is used so that Ferrothorn takes 2 Focus Blasts from Xerneas. Gyro Ball with 0 Spe IVs and a - Spe Nature OHKOs Xerneas after Stealth Rock Damage + Spikes. Power Whip is so that Kyogre can actually dish out heavy damage to Primal Kyogre. Bullet Seed however has a better matchup vs Substitute + Calm Mind Primal Kyogre as you can still damage Primal Kyogre after substitute damage. Furthermore, being able to damage support Arceus-Ground is fantastic, which is something that your team strongly dislikes dealing with. You can still argue that this team is weak to Xerneas as this team loses to Geomancy sets that run Focus Blast + HP Fire as filler moves, but that's quite rare as then your Xerneas is 100% walled by Ho-Oh, so you're not likely to run into that.

>

Mega Salamence is an amazing win-con. Especially since it outspeeds every common Choice Scarfed Pokemon after a single Dragon Dance (emphasis on Common, we're not talking about the madmen who scarf their Skymin's here). However, I wanted to put a Scarf Xerneas on this team as it provides this team with speed control, a better matchup vs Marshadow, the hazard removal which this team was now lacking thanks to getting rid of Arceus-Steel and also it provides this team with a cleric - which means that your team is less vulnerable to Toxic Spam and stops Zygarde and Giratina from being able to click Dragon-type moves without any hesitation. The set I had in mind was:

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Minor Changes:

>

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe, Mild Nature > EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe Timid Nature
Oblivion Wing > Roost
Sucker Punch > Toxic

This is probably quite a dramatic way of saying that I've changed your Yvetal set to be more of an offensive set. While I saw that you were in love with the set that you had, and I agree that this set is a lot of fun, but I feel like that set takes away a lot of momentum. This set gives you a better matchup against Zygarde-C as you have a chance to 2HKO it with Dark Pulse after Stealth Rock Damage, also a +Special Attack Natured Oblivion Wing from Yveltal ends up recovering about as much damage as a Non-Boosted Zygarde dishes out. Changing it to a more offensive set and adding Sucker Punch also increases your matchup against faster threats as you're able to OHKO pokemon such as Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo-Y as well as revenge kill weakened setup sweepers.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Stealth Rock > Swords Dance
I love me a Chinese Primal Groudon, but and this isn't exactly a mandatory change, but I feel like Spikes add too much momentum for you to not have Stealth Rock on Primal Groudon. Also having Stealth Rock on Primal Groudon allows you to have an easier chance on getting up Stealth Rock against Stall, as Mega-Sableye is OHKO'd by overheat so it's certainly not going to be staying in. Also without spikes, Xerneas is no longer OHKO'd by Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball.

Hidden Power Ice > Rock Tomb
Naive Nature > Jolly Nature
With Rock Tomb being on Primal Groudon already and since you have one of the best answers to Ho-Oh in the game with Zygarde-C, I don't really think that Rock Tomb is Mandatory on Marshadow. Hidden Power Ice allows you to have a better Matchup vs Zygarde-C and Mega Salamence. OHKOing Mega Salamence after Stealth Rock Damage and dishing out heavy damage to Zygarde-C.

Optional Changes:
>

Marshadow is a great pick for this team and plays a crucial role as it increases your matchup against offensive teams, as it discourages setup and also is a great revenge killer thanks to it's Technician-Boosted Shadow Sneak, however your team isn't using a Mega Slot right now, which frees up the slot for Mega Gengar. Allowing your team to have a better matchup vs Stall, as it can trap and remove threats such as Blissey, Lugia etc. It can also take advantage of the Paralysis spread around by Zygarde (Or the Toxic Poison spread around by Yveltal if you keep the Taunt + Toxic set) with Hex and pressure Xerneas with Sludge Wave/Bomb.

Overall I quite enjoyed rating and this team. Naturally it still has it's threats after the changes. Xerneas can still be threatening, and Mega Salamence is more of a threat now that this team doesn't have a Flying Resist (But it's probably worth noting that if Mega Salamence runs Earthquake, it still 6-0'd your last team anyway. However this team isn't without counterplay. Primal Groudon and Ferrothorn can still act as checks to Xerneas. Even if Ferrothorn somehow fails to effectively beat Xerneas 1v1. If it or Primal Groudon weaken it enough, you still have means of revenge killing it with priority Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch. Mega Salamence is threatened by Hidden Power Ice on Marshadow and Rock Tomb on Primal Groudon. It's worth noting that Primal Groudon's Rock Tomb preventing Mega Salamence from boosting it's Speed means that you're more efficiently able to revenge kill it with Marshadow or Choice Scarf Xerneas. I've included an importable below so you can try out the team with it's changes. Hope you enjoy using it! I look forward to seeing you post more teams :)

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Holy sh*t, thanks for this awesome reply 3017!
First of all, I like the idea of ferrothorn over SteelCeus. I didn´t thought about Ferro, but I think he can really improve the team. So he will be added definitely.

Also, even I think I will miss MegaMence, scarfed Xerneas seems a good replacement, aroma and defog on the scarfed one is really awesome :}

Last but not least, the minor changes. I am unsure about the Yveltal changes, whether I let him like that or change it to your set. But because I really would like to try Mega-Gengar, I will try to let Yveltals set how it is and try another variation where I keep Marsh (with hp ice over rock tomb) and change Yveltals set to the more offensive one.
And Rocks over Swords Dance on Don seems a really good solution too. Added.

All in all, thank you for that amazing rate. I will keep your tips in mind!

EDIT: About Mega Gengar - what set do you have in mind if I would replace Marsh with him?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)