First UU team - Help please =D

Hello there ! Thank you for opening this thread !

----------[Before reading]----------

Please keep in mind that I'm French and my English is not perfect, I'm sorry for that =/

Anyway, I decided to try UU. But, like in the others tiers, I'm not very good at building a team.

I have one UU team that I play on PO and I'm not satisfied with it, so I ask for some help to make it better. I want to be better at this game so please give me some useful advices =D

This is also my first RMT ^^'

----------[Team]----------

----------[Details]----------

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Description : I love this poke. With a Choice Scarf + Moxie ability, it can wreck a non-prepared team. I run Jolly nature to outspeed some things (outspeed Choice Scarf Heracross for sure) and have a free Moxie boost by killing them. I can use Krookorible to trap some pokemons like Chandelure but Krookodile can't affort to take hits due to his poor defensive stats. I outspeed also Kingdra with one DD.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Description : It's the first time I use Zapdos since Gen 4. Zapdos is in charge to hurt some flying/levitating pokes which are immune to Krookodile's EQ : T-Bolt for flying types, Heat Wave for Bronzong and Roserade, HP Ice for Gligar and Flygon, but there is no chance that I outspeed that always scarfed dragon ... Zapdos can also hit hard some bulky water which can take Krookorible's attacks (Suicune, Blastoise, Milotic ...). Timid is here to outspeed annoying pokes like Adamant Cobalion.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

Description : ZoroDark suggested me to use Suicune, but I have to remove Empoleon too, two main reasons for this change : Zapdos and Raikou. I decided to try a Nidoqueen and it goes pretty well ! Setting T-Spikes, absorb opponent's T-Spikes, immune to Suicune's Electric weakeness and Nidoqueen's Water and Ice weakeness are taken by Suicune. Then Suicune can abuse Roar and Rest/Sleep Talk to toxikstall the opponent to death.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Description : Milotic has the same role than Suicune : toxikstalling. Marvel Scale providing Milotic a nice boost in Defense, Milotic can also take special moves thanks to his natural bulk and a Calm nature. Scald is in this set to burn some pokes immune to T-Spikes (mainly Flygon). No need to speak more about Milotic, see Suicune description for more details.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Description : Wow ! So much damages ! This thing is a beast ! Since Chansey is no more UU, nothing wants to take a hit from that if they're not immune. Maybe Snorlax with Thick Fat ... Easy to understand, Chandelure is here for damages, giving leftovers for my hungry Krookodile. After I added Nidoqueen, Chandelure became officially my Spin Blocker.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Light Screen
- Earthquake

Description : I looked for a third member of my defensive core (Suicune + Nidoqueen) and a Stealth Rocker (because I changed Empoleon). After testing, I put Bronzong on this spot. Immune to ground, resisting Ice/Psychic for Nidoqueen and Resisting Grass for Suicune, Bronzong weakeness to Fire can be taken by Suicune or even Chandelure and no one wants to take a Boosted Specs STAB Fire Blast if no Flash Fire. Light Screen is here to add a bonus in SpD because my 3 walls are physically defensive, it helps also against Azelf or Nidoking for example.

----------[Former members]----------

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Description : Because of Roserade and other stuff, there's a lot of hazards. That's the reason why I've randomly put Hitmontop. Since Krookodile can trap Ghost/Psychic types, I've thought that Hitmontop can be good. And the fact is every time I remplaced Hitmontop, my team became weaker, don't know why xD !

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Toxic

Description (suggested by Beginner14) : Zapdos is a big threat to my team, so if he has not HP Grass, Swampert can take Zapdos hits. Moreover, Swampert can take Darmanitan, Rotom-H and Arcanine common moves and give them some EQ/Waterfall, which is great. Toxik and Roar are here to poison some pokes, let them die with Sub Machamp or Roosting Zapdos and finish them with Krookodile.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Description : My Stealth Rocker. Mainly here to check Suicune because he's annoying, trying to setting up Substitute or Calm Mind. If Flygon locks himself into Outrage, Empoleon is here to kill it with Ice Beam, but will not appreciate a surprise EQ ... Yeah, Flygon is my nightmare >< I have tried Bronzong over Empoleon but then Suicune became my nightmare instead ...

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- ThunderPunch

Description : Same reasons as Hitmontop, Krookodile traps Ghost/Psychic and Machamp punches the others ... Mainly here because I had only 5 pokes and I miss Machamp from 4th gen ... But Machamp helps me to take care of Porygon 2 and others pokes when I'm behind a sub.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Description (Suggested by ZoroDark) : Since Flygon and Weavile give me some trouble, ZoroDark suggested me to use a defensive Suicune. There it is : RestTalk set to survive, Max Defense to live Flygon's and Weavile's moves and to take even better Flare Blitz from Darmanitan or V-Create from Victini. I may change for RestTalk Milotic, I haven't decided yet because I love both.

----------[Final comments]----------

Ok, this was my team by now.

I know this is not the greatest UU team in the world for sure, but this is why I need help ! Please give me some advices to make this team stronger, because I'm kinda stuck here : every time I make a change, I feel that it's weaker than before ...

I accept all advices, but please :

• Justify your choices : very important for me, so I can learn some things about this game
  • Let Krookodile, please =)
Thanks for reading/helping and again : please excuse my English.​

This is a pretty solid team. But if CB heracross predicts correctly. It can sweep most of your team. Gligar could be a nice replacement for hitmontop. Although you lose your rapid spinner, gligar almost walls all physical attackers in the tier. Plus, Gligar has a reliable recovery in the form of roost, while hitmontop doesnt. It can slowly wittle down the opponents team with toxic and roost, allowing either chandy krook to sweep. Hope i helped!

Hi Beginner14 !

First, thanks for the rating.

Honestly I've thought about Gligar, but not tested with this team just because it gives me a third weakeness to Ice.

I will test it right now and see, thanks again !

Another suggestions ?

Well, since you have 3 ice types weaknesses, how bout considering swampert. It walls zapdos without hp grass. Seeing that zapdos, is another pretty big threat to your team

I've tested Gligar and Swampert, the two are going well. I decide to change Hitmontop to Swampert but I keep Gligar in my mind.

Thanks for the advices Beginner14, I'll update the RMT.

Another suggestions ?

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok, your Flygon weakness isn't that bad, but your EV's of your Swampert are looking weird.
Swampert isn't a good poke in your team at all. Defensive Suicune helps your Flygon and Weavile weakness.

Machamp is the weakest link of your team, i know you miss him from Gen 4, but he isn't great at all. Another poke who can take Ice attacks like a boss is Azumarill. The SubPunch variant s really good, i think he fits on your team perfectly. If you don't like him, the UU tier is full of Attacking Demons, like Bisharp, Heracross, Sharpedo,...

On the other hand you can go with defense and add that Gligar on your team. Now your synergy is great. Hope i helped!
Defensive Suicune set

Suicune @Leftovers
EV's: 252HP, 252 Def, 4 SPdef
Bold nature
-Scald
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Roar

SubPunch Azumarill

Azumarill @Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EV's 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
Adamant nature
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Waterfall/Ice Punch
-Aqua Jet/ Toxic

Hey ZoroDark !

Ok, your Flygon weakness isn't that bad, but your EV's of your Swampert are looking weird.
Swampert isn't a good poke in your team at all. Defensive Suicune helps your Flygon and Weavile weakness.
This was the set on smogon ( http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/swampert ) but I agree : it's weird !

On your Suicune's set you put Recover : Suicune doesn't have access to it ! So I will test a Rest-Talk set. Just in case, I will test Rest-Talk Milotic too and I take which one I prefer.

Since I'm new to UU, I like testing other pokes. With the incomming of Suicune, I think I will test Nidoqueen over Empoleon. Nidoqueen is immune to Suicune's Electric weakeness while Suicune resists Water and Ice. Roar on my Suicune + more Entry Hazards are good for my Krookorible so I will test that too ! More over, since I have no spinner, Nidoqueen can absorb T-Spikes.

Machamp is the weakest link of your team, i know you miss him from Gen 4, but he isn't great at all. Another poke who can take Ice attacks like a boss is Azumarill. The SubPunch variant s really good, i think he fits on your team perfectly. If you don't like him, the UU tier is full of Attacking Demons, like Bisharp, Heracross, Sharpedo,...
NO !!! MACHAMP !!!! :'(

Anyway he did well on this team, but this is time to test another things. Since I get rid of my Stealth Rocker Empoleon, I'll have to choose a new one which goes well with my new defensive core : Suicune/Milotic + Nidoqueen.

I have 3 ideas, I'll test them and update my RMT with my new choices :

• Bronzong : Immune to Nidoqueen's ground weakeness, resisting x4 Nidoqueen's Psychic weakeness and resisting Ice for Nidoqueen too. Suicune can take fire moves.
  • Registeel : I thought in the first time that it can be good in this core, but it adds a second ground weakeness with Nidoqueen so I will not test Registeel
  • Mew : Resists Nidoqueen's weakeness to Psychic and ... that's all ! But I've thought about Mew just because he can burn pokes that are immune to T-Spikes. Mew can also threat an opponent's Nidoking with a Psychic or block the setting up of hazards with Taunt.
This is the list of sets that I'm testing, while I'm testing, you can choose which one you prefer or add a new poke if you want to !

Suicune @ Leftovers --> over Swampert

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers --> over Swampert

Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SDef / 8 Spd
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Nidoqueen (F) @ Leftovers --> over Empoleon

Trait: Sheer Force
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail / Roar

(Dragon Tail if Suicune, Roar if Milotic, just to have one of each)

Bronzong @ Leftovers --> Over Machamp

Trait: Levitate
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Light Screen / Toxic
- Earthquake

(Light Screen because T-Spikes, or Toxik if I have trouble with Claydol or anything else)

Mew @ Leftovers --> Over Machamp

Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost
- Psychic / Will-O-Wisp

(Psychic for Nidoking/Hitmontop, or Will-O-Wisp for T-Spikes immunities)

Thanks you so much for your help ZoroDark, I was stuck with that team and you helped me thinking =D

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Sorry for recover, i'm dumb ;-;. This looks nice, let me know or it did work out.
If this was my team, i take Milotic (when i suggested Suicune, i didn't think of replacing Empoleon) and Bronzong. If i see your team now, it's quite better! Keep Light Screen, it's original.
With Light Screen you have more chances to switch in Chandelure, and Chandelure RAPES!

when i suggested Suicune, i didn't think of replacing Empoleon
Yes, but if I keep Suicune and Empoleon, I will have trouble against Zapdos and Raikou ...

I finally choose Bronzong, Mew is making me weaker against Sharpedo.

About Suicune vs Milotic, I haven't decided yet, the two are good =/

Anyway, thanks for rating ! That helped me a lot !!!

RMT updated.

Anything else ?

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Little issue: all your pokemon are max Def. This is gonna make it hard to counter Specs Chandelure and other hard hitting Sp Attackers. Since Bronzong takes Flygon i suggest changing the spread on Suicune (or replace to Milotic because her Sp Def is naturally higher and with Marvel Scale her defense his boosted too so...)

Suicune EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 4 Def

Since you don't have a spinner here's a poke that can beat Weavile and Spin ad can forcne. Flygon out cause of the threat of burn

Blatoise(M)@Leftovers
Trait:Torrent
EVs: 4HP/252Def/252SDef
Bold Nature (+Def,-Att)
-Roar
-Scald
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin

You can alter the EV spread it doesn't get KOed by Raikou Thunderbolt and most will try and set up on you so Roar them out This set laughs at Weavile and takes only 40% from Outrage from Flygon and less from EQ but for Flygon I use P2

@ZoroDark
Yeah I changed Suicune to Milotic

@Wobbanaut
I will test Blastoise later, but the fact that Blastoise has no recovery moves annoys me because Nidoqueen and Bronzong don't have any recovery move too. So I cannot toxikstall as efficiently as I want. More over, Milotic/Suicune can take status moves and then Rest.

I know Blastoise learn Rest too, but a set with : Rest - Sleep Talk - Scald - Rapid Spin is a bit too weird. Anyway I'll test it, thanks for the advice ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)