XY OU First YX OU Team

The Team

chansey.gif
scizor.gif
gliscor.gif
rotom-wash.gif
medicham.gif
volcarona.gif

This team has 2 defensiv cores with Chansey and Scizor and Rotom-W and Gliscor. Over all they work great together and give me extremly good defensiv switch-ins.The last two Pokes are my offensive fallbacks. Scarf Volcarona is extermly good since it allows me to catch people off-guard(e.g. it can outspeed and kill non scarf gerninja).Medicham is still in the team atm but I look for a good substitude.

chansey.jpg

Chansey
(F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

She is just a defensiv power house.I can switch her in when Scizor is threatend by any Special move meaning that I have lots of possiblities to set up Stealth Rock or to use Heal Beal helping my 2 sweepers to be effectiv again if they are burned or toxic.Seismic Toss is my DMG output and also helps me to survive Taunt.With Soft-Boiled she can survive and stall for pretty long and freak everyone out.

scizor.jpg

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

I choose Scizor because he has giantic defensiv powers and the ability to use Defog.Which is a mandorty move on this team since I have a Volcorana which is rendered almost useless which SR on the field.With Bullet Punch I can revenge kill some threads and threaten fairy types quite a bit.Roost keeps him alive meaning that he can use Defog more than once which can be curical in some situations. U-Turn keeps adding momentum to my team as the two other Voltturn users.

gliscor.jpg

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- U-turn

This is the usual Substall Gliscor meaning that he takes hits for days and dish out some nice DMG.Sub and Protect are standart and a nice way to scout some moves.I chose U-Turn over Toxic because when i started to builded the team I really liked the synergy of Gilscor and Rotom-W and the U-turn and Voltswitch combination.

rotom-wash.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

This is a usual Special Defensive Rotom-W.Hydro Pump and Volt Switch are 2 excellent moves which hit really hard and have a really good coverage.Will'o' crippels any phsyical thread which comes in on Rotom which makes him a very good bully.I choose Toxic in additon to Will o to cripple Walls which i cant deal with otherwise.

medicham.jpg

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

This is my physical sweeper.In its Mega his Fake Out is tremendous and can help finish threats.Zen Headbutt and High Jump Kick are great STAB moves altough they are some what unrelaint.Ice Punch brings fear to all the Dragons and Earth types.Overall his DMG output is really really big which makes him super scarry.

volcarona.jpg

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Scarfed Volcarona is really naughty she can outspeed and OHKO a Greninja which is not Scarfed.That can be really important in some match ups. Altought I am not sure about Psychic the other 3 moves cannot be change since they all can take out very important threats.

I hope you all can help me improve the team.

Have a nice day ^^​

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

Scizor is your primary Hazard Control, and is your team's bulky utility. Hence, I suggest you run this EV spread below in your Scizor:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off/U-Turn

Next, change out U-Turn on Gliscor for Toxic, it allows for some Toxic Stall shenanigans and cripples walls and set-up sweepers alike.

Double Status on Rotom-Wash is unnecessary, running Pain Split over Toxic allows you to heal yourself when your opponent switches in a new pokemon against Rotom-W.

Lastly, Scarfed Volcarona is pretty bad in this meta. Try the Quiver Dance set, which makes Volcarona a huge threat:

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance

Hope it helps!
-PK

I can understand your points and I will try out everything.However, I cant change the Rotom set to Painsplit because I am trying to build this team on X and atm I dont have accese to Painsplit 5 IV Rotom is there anything else you can think of as a sustitude?

How about a Resto-Chesto set?

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

I've noticed that you run hazards and defog which I can find to be very annoying. I recommend swapping Stealth Rock for Toxic on Chansey. If Rotom-W causes any trouble against this team then I would change Hidden Power Ice for Giga Drain on your Volcorona.

Yeah Toxic is better on Chansey.Still unsure about the 4th move on Rotom and yes Merkur_Lampe that is the main problem I have with the team I cant think of a good substitude

Keep the Scizor, just change it's EVs and Item a little that's all. Here, try this bulky utility Scizor set:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch/Knock Off
- U-Turn

Still can't believe I didn't notice 2 megas tho

Back