move 3: Aqua Jet / Low Kick
move 4: Ice Spinner
item: Choice Band / Mystic Water
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
evs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
tera type: Water

[SET COMMENTS]

* Wave Crash is your main offensive option. When further boosted by rain, Tera Water, and Choice Band, it becomes one of the most powerful physical moves in the game, 2HKOing the likes of Bold Amoonguss and OHKOing maximum defense Corviknight. Mystic Water is an option for flexibility but sacrifices the listed KOs.

* Liquidation is a secondary option, and it's preferred when facing frailer offensive teams due to the significant recoil drawback of Wave Crash. However, Waterfall is worth considering for its possible flinch chance.

* Aqua Jet allows Floatzel to maintain offensive presence outside of rain, as well as being a great response to opposing priority moves, such as Kingambit's Sucker Punch.

* 196 Speed EVs are used to outspeed the entire tier in rain, including Choice Scarf Dragpault. 252 Atk is used to maximize Floatzels damage output. Alternatively, one can opt for 252 speed Speed EVs to outspeed Hydreigon and Mimikyu outside of rain, in addition to tying with Salamence.

* Tera Water massively bolters Floatzel's damage output, and the weasel simply doesn't have the bulk needed for more defensive options.

* Pelipper's rain is mandatory for both Swift Swim and maximum damage output.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[StarkGod, 62165]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
- I know this is pretty "obvious", but I think mentioning that this NEEDS Pelipper's support to be dangerous is important, since we don't want people to think Politoed is in this game :P

- I think its worth explaining that you need Choice Band for those crazy KOs, with Mystic Water being an option only if you got CB on something else.

- I think Aqua Jet is worth a mention, just to out-priority stuff (especially Sucker Punch from Kingambit, since Sucker Punch will actually fail if it doesn't go first).

- Im a bit confused, does the 60 HP make it survive something cool? I figure 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe would be better otherwise.

Otherwise, this looks good to me! Adress this stuff and its QC Approved to me!

Not QC at all, so don’t hold my advice to that same weight, but I felt like I wanted to lend some input.

From my personal weasel usage, Aqua Jet absolutely needs a slot, and I’d even be willing to argue it should be the second slot. You’re clicking CB Tera Wave Crash most all the time, with Aqua Jet letting you sneak by late game priority stuff. It’s been immensely helpful and my second most clicked button after Wave Crash.

Full on 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed should also be given some consideration, IMO. You can speed tie with Salamance outside of rain, and notably outspeed Mimikyu and Hydreigon. I think it’s pretty reasonably worth missing out on the 7 extra points of HP.

I would like to see Waterfall slashed with Liquidation. It’s weaker by about 6%, but it can be useful in Hail Mary situations where you just need two attacks off without dying. Liquidation doesn’t usually give you thank chance, but Waterfall can score a cheeky flinch.

I think if the 60 HP is just dumping in a stat after hitting a speed tier, it’s fine for Floatzel in particular as opposed to the normal 4 Def / 4 SpDef thing just because you want as much ammo for your recoil attack as you can get.

- I know this is pretty "obvious", but I think mentioning that this NEEDS Pelipper's support to be dangerous is important, since we don't want people to think Politoed is in this game :P

- I think its worth explaining that you need Choice Band for those crazy KOs, with Mystic Water being an option only if you got CB on something else.

- I think Aqua Jet is worth a mention, just to out-priority stuff (especially Sucker Punch from Kingambit, since Sucker Punch will actually fail if it doesn't go first).

- Im a bit confused, does the 60 HP make it survive something cool? I figure 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe would be better otherwise.

Otherwise, this looks good to me! Adress this stuff and its QC Approved to me!
Not QC at all, so don’t hold my advice to that same weight, but I felt like I wanted to lend some input.

From my personal weasel usage, Aqua Jet absolutely needs a slot, and I’d even be willing to argue it should be the second slot. You’re clicking CB Tera Wave Crash most all the time, with Aqua Jet letting you sneak by late game priority stuff. It’s been immensely helpful and my second most clicked button after Wave Crash.

Full on 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed should also be given some consideration, IMO. You can speed tie with Salamance outside of rain, and notably outspeed Mimikyu and Hydreigon. I think it’s pretty reasonably worth missing out on the 7 extra points of HP.

I would like to see Waterfall slashed with Liquidation. It’s weaker by about 6%, but it can be useful in Hail Mary situations where you just need two attacks off without dying. Liquidation doesn’t usually give you thank chance, but Waterfall can score a cheeky flinch.

I think if the 60 HP is just dumping in a stat after hitting a speed tier, it’s fine for Floatzel in particular as opposed to the normal 4 Def / 4 SpDef thing just because you want as much ammo for your recoil attack as you can get.
These are great insights. I'm gonna add em. Thanks bros.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
name: Swift Weasel
move 1: Wave Crash
move 2: Liquidation / Waterfall
move 3: Aqua Jet / Low Kick
move 4: Ice Spinner
item: Choice Band / Mystic Water
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
evs: 60 Hp HP / 252 atk Atk / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Wave Crash is your main offensive option. When further boosted by rain and Water Terrastillization, rain, Tera Water, and Choice Band, it becomes one of the most powerful physical moves in the game, 2HKOing the likes of Bold Amoonguss and OHKOing max defense maximum Defense Corviknight. Note that these kos are specifically possible with Choice Band. Mystic Water is an option for flexibility but sacrifices the listed KOs. (removed extra line break under)

* Liquidation is a secondary option, (AC) and it's preferred when facing frailer offensive teams due to the significant recoil drawback of Wave Crash. Though However, Waterfall is worth considering for its possible flinch chance.

* (added space after bullet) Aqua Jet allows Floatzel to maintain offensive presence outside of rain in addition to being rain, as well as being a great response to opposing priority moves, such as Kingambit's (added apostrophe) Sucker Punch. (removed extra line break under)

* 196 Speed evs EVs are used to outspeed the entire tier in rain, including scarf Choice Scarf Dragpault. 252 Atk is used to maximize Floatzels damage output. Alternatively, one can opt for 252 speed Speed EVs to outspeed Hydreigon and Mimikyu outside of rain, in addition to tying with Salamence.

*Water tera is the only type used. It * Tera Water massively bolters Floatzels bolsters Floatzel's damage output, (AC) and the weasel simply doesn't have the bulk needed for more defensive options. (made the below its own bullet)

* It also requires mandatory partnering with Pelipper Pelipper's rain is mandatory for both Swift Swim and maximum damage output.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ , ]] (fill this)
- Quality checked by: [[ , ], [ , ]] (fill this)
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is said that 196 speed outspeeds scarfpult. It does if It is adamant. If it is jolly, Dragapult outspeeds floatzel for 1 point, 630 flo VS 631 Dragapult.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this! So, while this is true at level 100, at level 50, the opposite is true: Floatzel is at 320 Speed, while Jolly Scarf Dragapult is at 319 Speed. Don't worry about it, its a common mistake to make, because level 50 speed tiers can actually be quite different!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)