Flora vs Energy Storm ref=goldenknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don't post until this ends!
hello said:
2v2 Singles
No Recoveries, 5 Chills
DQ: 3 days

Arena: Route 212

The battle is situated in the miserably wet and ever-raining Route 212. The trainers stand on either ends of a 6 foot wide, reasonably firm dirt road which winds and twists in between them. Apart from the road, the rest of the arena is a mess of vegetation and, of course, marshes. The marshes are about 4 feet deep and full of soft, liquid mud which would give way under the feet of but the lightest Pokemon. Heavier Pokemon (exact figures up to the judge's discretion) will mire down into the bog and be rendered immobile (cannot move, but certain attacks can still be used) until they free themselves with respective attacks. Although there are some trees, most of the vegetation here come in the form of tall reeds and grasses. It's always raining in Route 212, and the downpour is so hard, that abilities that change weather (Cloud Nine, Sand Stream, etc.) do not work here and moves that change the weather (Sunny Day, Hail, etc.) take twice the energy to carry out. Otherwise, the rain never ends.

Switch=KO
No Items
One Ability
both of you should know the drill by now, get to it

just as a reminder, energy storm posted the challenge and flora accepted it

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, alright. In attempts to make it fair, let's go with Violet! Levitate above the mud and bring terror to your enemy - THAT spider!

So you're probably going to get paralyzed and there's nothing we can do about it because I'm too poor to buy you Taunt or Substitute. I want you to just inflict as much pain as possible. I don't care if you die or run out of energy. Just deliver PAIN! And avoid hax, yep.

Toxic - Venom Shock - Venom Shock

Well I guess that paralysis is inevitable >:D

However, we don't want to get poisoned, so let's jump up and use a quick evasive Faint Attack to dodge that poison gas and smack Gastly in the face (I don't care if it doesn't do damage, just dodge that Toxic). Then, take advantage of our close proximity to zap him with a Thunder Wave before falling back into the reeds. Then, pull of a Thunderbolt.

Evasive Faint Attack > Thunder Wave > Thunderbolt

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Gastly (Violet)
HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: *****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 80
Energy: 100
Boosts: Nope
Other: Nope

Joltik(*) Amperon (M)
Atk: * (-1)
SpA: ***
Spe: 75 (65x1.15)

Violet Toxic 6 Energy, Amperon Faint Attack 8 HP 4 Energy
Violet Venom Shock 26 HP 9 Energy, Amperon Thunder Wave 6 Energy
Violet Venom Shock paralyzed, Amperon Thunderbolt 15 HP 6 Energy

Toxic 2 HP

First of all, neither Joltik nor Gastly are heavy enough to get suck in the bog

Violet, rather unhappy about being in the rain, is doing her best to fight the wind when a sudden gust sends her flying into Amperon. Amperon, now poisoned by the toxic cloud, escapes from Violet and gets his revenge by hitting the ghost with faint attack. Violet grins as her poisonous plan comes to fruition as she hits Amperon with a shock of venom that sends him sprawling into the forest. Using his surroundings for cover, Amperon is able to send a thunder wave that stops Violet from sending her third action! Amperon finished by blasting off a thunderbolt and regaining some confidence.

sta
Gastly (Violet)
HP: 67
Energy: 85
Other: Paralyzed 25%

Joltik(*) Amperon (M)
HP: 60
Energy: 84
Other: Poisoned

Sorry, Energy Storm, I gave Flora the Toxic because Gastly is a poison cloud and is faster than Amperon to begin with.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shake that paralysis off Violet! Don't ever let that static tick in!

Venom Shock x3

(because I'm boring)

edit: okay, my alternative is.

if gk feels bored, use

Venom Shock - Shadow Ball - Venom Shock

sub Venom Shock over Shadow Ball if first Venom Shock gets haxed.

little gk

competitive oosos player

Gastly (Violet)
HP: 67
Energy: 85
Other: Paralyzed 25%

Joltik(*) Amperon (M)
HP: 60
Energy: 84

Amperon Charge Beam 10 HP 5 Energy, Violet Venom Shock 26 HP 9 Energy
Amperon Thunderbolt 15 HP 6 Energy, Violet Venom Shock 26 HP 13 Energy
Amperon Thunderbolt 15 HP 10 Energy, Violet Venom Shock 26 HP 17 Energy

Starting the round off, Amperon keeps his confidence up with a Charge Beam that does respectable damage on Violet. Violet understands her situation and begins to piss an unknown force off as she spams Venom Shocks at her opponent who seems rather unhappy about it as well! Things aren't looking good for Amperon as he fires off a couple Bolts of Thunder, staggers, and falls as Violet grins happily.

Gastly (Violet)
HP: 27
Energy: 46
Other: Paralyzed 20%

Joltik(*) Amperon (M)
HP: 0
Energy: 0

Sorry about the wait, yes this was rushed as soon as i realized i had to ref this

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
^assuming Swift Swim. =) But it could be Battle Armor, so I'll let you announce the ability next post.

Okay. I'll do the Waterfall calc.

Waterfall: 8 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [21 Damage] [5 Energy]

Cool, but the flinch rate + paralysis is probably going to bite Violet on the back. Better not. =/

Yeah, not much else to do. I don't see Perish Song helping and attempting to rely on Hypnosis, Lick, or Confuse Ray to help isn't reliable. Toxic would be a waste. Disable the first move? Nah. Thunderbolt away! Also, my substitution is replace the current move with Sucker Punch if Violet is under 10 HP and my opponent is using an attacking move (but it cannot replace the first action).

Thunderbolt x3, replace action two and three with Sucker Punch if under 10 HP and Confucius is attacking

Ability will be Swift Swim.

Let's first burrow into the thick bog to avoid the Thunderbolt, then summon a mighty Rain Dance. Then, cover yourself with mud to resist the next Thunderbolt and splinter Ghastly with Rock Slide, then finish with Waterfall.

Rain Dance > Rock Slide > Waterfall

little gk

competitive oosos player
yeah kabuto doesn't care about the mud either~

Gastly (Violet)
HP: 27
Energy: 46
Other: Paralyzed 20%

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
Atk: **** (+1)
Def: ***
SpA: * (-1)
Spe: 55

Confucius Rain Dance it's already raining :S 9 Energy, Violet Thunderbolt 15 HP 7 Energy
Confucius Rock Slide 14 HP 5 Energy, Violet Thunderbolt FLINCH :(
Confucius Waterfall 21 HP 5 Energy, Violet Sucker Punch 5 HP 5 Energy

Energy Storm, deciding to really use the arena to his advantage, calls upon the wisdom of Confucius to put an end to Violet! As the rain falls down, Confucius calls upon the mighty Water-typed Arceus to bring down even more rain for Fall's harvest. Of course, Violet just laughs at the pagan religion of Confucius and calls upon Zeus to strike down Confucius with a mighty Thunderbolt! Looking foolish for his recent actions the recently revived Kabuto shows his wisdom by using Rock Slide to hit Violet in just the right places to cause her to flinch. Knowing the end is near, Violet uses one last Sucker Punch as Confucius rams her with a powerful Waterfall, ending the round.

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 81

Energy Storm, please PM me once you come back. Of course you won't get DQ'd any time soon :S

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Okay, I'm going to send in Orchid onto the non-muddy entrance area to finish up Violet's mess!

It's coming with a Storm Drain!

(although it can't really move but hop around?)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Orchid, those Rock Slides are going to be pretty nasty, mostly because it's a physical ranged move (no Aqua Tailing close-up =( ). Okay, well, we got ranged Ground-types moves to work with! Fire a Mud Shot while Confucius attempts to be cool with Screech, then Earthquake to see how much of a disaster he's in! Afterward, inflict even more hell with another Earthquake!

Mud Shot - Earthquake - Earthquake

little gk

competitive oosos player

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 81

Orchid Mud Shot 9 HP 4 Energy, Confucius Screech 6 Energy
Orchid Earthquake 15 HP 7 Energy, Confucius Rock Slide 14 HP 5 Energy
Orchid Earthquake 15 HP 11 Energy, Confucius Rock Slide 14 HP 9 Energy

As Orchid is released to end the battle, she seems stuck at first. This isn't remedied until her Storm Drain has a high enough pressure to let her hop along the road in short spurts! Confucius simply laughs at the foolishness of such a young Pokemon and Screeches as he tries to use his rusty wind pipes, poor guy must've dealt with a blow to his pride. The laugh made the poor, self-conscious whale try to remember her inner beauty and, finding nothing, uses Mud Shot in disgust. The crafty Confucius decides that instead of making Orchid look like a fool, he'll show her his ways of battling and teach her a thing or two, so by gently displacing a rock or two, he creates a Rock Slide that crushes the poor whale. As the weight begins to smash her fins, Orchid toots into the air and delivers an Earthquake. As Confucius slams into the rock face he was attacking Orchid from, his body displaces another set of rocks, causing a Rock Slide. Seeing how Confucius didn't learn his lesson the first time, Orchid causes another tooting Earthquake to end the round.

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
HP: 31
Energy: 61

Colosshale (Orchid) (F)
HP: 72
Atk: ***(+)
SpA: **(-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 85
Energy: 78
Boosts: -2 Defense

Edit: my bad about mud shot, i didn't see that it always reduced it and assumed it was a 30% thing -.-

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
RE: Speed drops/raises

Since the Speed stat isn't really a rank or anything, it would follow the in-game rules.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/stats

-1 would be .67 multiplied by the base Speed. +1 Spe would be 1.5 multiplied by the base Speed. For a Swift Swim Kabuto getting hit by a Mud Shot (guaranteed -1 Spe), it'll be at 110 Speed multipled by .67, which would turn out to be 73.7, or 74. Colosshale's very abnormal Speed would outspeed that. =D ^_^

(you don't have to change the story, though, since nothing needs changing except the order of events... which doesn't really matter)

edit: I've also took the liberty to search the ASB forums for how Speed works with boosts/drops and found nothing. <_< Maybe I should fix that.

Oh wait, it's my turn.

Orchid, you are a true Orchid Whale. Go slam the ground once more and bring terror to the little Confucius's eyes!

EARTHQUAKE X3

little gk

competitive oosos player

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
HP: 31

Colosshale (Orchid) (F)
HP: 72
Energy: 78

Ok, so both of you spammed attacks which sucks, but this makes it simple to ref. Orchid remains self-conscious and toot Earthquakes a lot, while Confucius tries to unlock the secret of the flinch; he's been trying to learn it for thousands of years and continues to fail. In a state of depression, Confucius takes a vine and ties himself to the ground as he faints from the multiple Earthquakes.

Kabuto, Confucius (M)
HP: KO

Colosshale (Orchid) (F)
HP: 30
Energy: 45

it kinda sucks that none of the rock slides flinched :S

i get 2 rc

Violet, Confucius, and Orchid get KO Counters
Violet, Amperon, Confucius, and Orchid get 1 EC, 1 MC, and 1 DC

Flora gets the win

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
sorry, i was thinking of going mud shot again, but it was too late lol.

gg energy storm!

edit: lmao, confucius isn't wise enough! (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)