Flora vs Orcinus Duo: Unkown Soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got this up. First time reffing unkown soup, so should be fun!
2v2 doubles.
no recovers/chills
DQ 1 day
NFE only.

Arena up to you.

I'll play NFE dubs.

switch=ko
items=off
abilities=all

arena: haha i bet you're tired of unown soup

e:

Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Flora:

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F) (OT Metal_Bagon)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk).

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Overcoat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Attacks (18):
Tackle
Growl
Dragon Rage
Charge
ThunderShock
Rain Dance
Sonicboom
Twister
Dragon Pulse
Hurricane
Discharge
Slack Off

Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise
Power Gem

Hyper Beam
Flamethrower
Thunder

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA | -Atk).

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/6

Abilities:
Water Absorb: (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.
Cursed Body: (Innate) When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.
Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Attacks (14):
Bubble
Water Sport
Absorb
Night Shade
BubbleBeam
Recover
Water Pulse

Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Pain Split

Scald
Taunt
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball

Orcinus Duo:
Scraggy(*) Pants (M)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Dark/Fighting
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:

Shed Skin:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Moxie:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Intimidate (DW):
Type: Can be Activated, locked
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 2/6

Attacks:
Leer (*)
Low Kick(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Headbutt(*)
Swagger(*)
Brick Break(*)
Payback(*)

Fire Punch(*)
Thunderpunch(*)
Ice Punch(*)

Dig(*)
Taunt(*)
Dragon Claw(*)
Detect
Drain Punch
Moves: 16
Gastly(*) Purple Boss (M)
Nature: Timid

Type: Poison/Ghost
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 92 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 2/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Night Shade(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Sucker Punch(*)

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Astonish(*)
Disable(*)

Sludge Bomb(*)
Substitute(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Total Moves: 16

Alright, for simplicity all pokemon are already sent out so:
Battle Order:
Flora orders
Orcinus orders
I ref

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, gl hf Orcinus Duo! Your team seems to be at advantageous, but let's see if I can lessen that advantage down somehow.

Snapdragon:
Hurricane (Pants) - Thunder (Purple Boss) - Dragon Pulse (Pants)
If Gastly uses Unown Taunt, use Magic Coat on that action unless you're already Taunted

Juniper:
Scald (Purple Boss)
- Unown A (Aeroblast Pants) - Shadow Ball (Purple Boss)
If Unown A is taken, use Ice Beam (Purple Boss) on Action 2

lol yeah i'm screwed on round 1 i bet.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Pants: E for Earthquake, Dig and stay underground, attack juniper with Dig. If juniper isn't still alive on A3, attack snap.

PB: Shadow ball, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, all on juniper. If Juniper isn't still alive on any action, switch all remaining attack targets to snap.

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)
Energy: 100
Stats/Status: n/a
Other: n/a

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)

Sorry guys, I don't have time for flavor right now, maybe I can get it up later today but no promises. Also, I did this in a rush, so point out any mistakes I may have made.
Monohm:
Hurricane: 18 Damage, 8 Energy (confusion success, 3a)
Thunder: Miss, 7 Energy
Dragon Pulse: 12 Damage, 7 Energy

Frillish:
Scald: 11 Damage, 5 Energy
Aeroblast: 15 Damage, 7 Energy
Shadow Ball: 19 Damage, 5 Energy

Scraggy:
Earthquake: 10 Damage(Frillish), 15 Damage (Monahm), 7 Energy
Hurt self: 6 Damage, 3 Energy
Dig: 12 Damage, 10 Energy

Gastly:
Shadow ball: 19 Damage, 5 Energy
Thunderbolt: 17 Damage, 7 Energy
Shadow Ball (Crit): 23 Damage, 5 Energy

Letters used: A, E

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)
HP: 76
Energy: 78

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
HP: 9
Energy: 83
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)
HP: 33
Energy: 80

HP: 60
Other: n/a​
Battle Order:
Orcinus orders
Flora orders
I ref​

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
-.- juniper survived?
Gastly, unown D for draco meteor snap, then shadow ball snap twice. If juniper isnt dead on a2 or a3 replace that action with shadow ball juniper
Scraggy, thunderpunch juniper, then H for Hail, and ice punch snap. If unown H is taken on a2, change to drain punch snap.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Juniper, I assure you. YOU ARE NOT GOING DOWN JUST YET! Live another day! We have this in our hands! Snapdragon, take the draconic hit of 26 damage and grab a Unown T out of the soup for Trick Room! Juniper defend yourself with Unown P's Protect! The fact that Pants will be at -2 SpA will be cool.

Lovely Juniper, you should still be alive, and now faster! Recover HP as fast as possible by Pain Splitting with your fellow ghost Purple Boss. That should put you at 35 HP alongside Purple Boss, which is awesome. Pants will set up Hail for us, thanks. :) Snapdragon, after the hail, weaken Purple Boss down with a strong Dragon Pulse to the face. Purple Boss will wrap this action up by smacking Juniper with -2 SpA Shadow Ball, dealing 15 damage. Hail strikes everyone for 2 damage, so you, Juniper, will be at 18 HP. Purple Boss will be at 18 HP as well, since the Dragon Pulse also did 15 damage.

And now, Juniper, you shall deliver the finishing blow to Purple Boss with a Shadow Ball. This deals 21 damage, just over enough to whip that ghost into fainting! Pants will smack Snapdragon for 14 damage, but don't worry about that - she'll heal herself up no problem. K girls, go forth and prosper!

Snapdragon:
Unown T (Trick Room) - Dragon Pulse (Purple Boss) - Slack Off

Juniper:
Unown P (Protect) - Pain Split (Purple Boss) - Shadow Ball (Purple Boss)

(a match that made me think, thank you Orcinus Duo. :D)

edit: being a nitpicky bastard because i can. monohm's dragon pulse does (9+3+1.5) = 13.5 ~ 14 damage to scraggy but it doesn't really matter that much. you said point out mistakes though so yeah. ^_^ oh i get (12+1.5) x 1.5 = 20.25 ~ 20 damage for hurricane against scraggy.

o.o frillish section. scald does (8+3+3) = 14 damage to gastly. aeroblast does (10+1.5) x 1.5 = 17.25 ~ 17 damage to scraggy. shadow ball does (8+3+3) x 1.5 = 21 damage to gastly.

scraggy section. earthquake does (7.5+3) = 10.5 ~ 11 damage to frillish. monohm takes (7.5+1.5) x 1.5 = 13.5 ~ 14 damage. dig does (8+3) = 11 damage to frillish.

gastly is somehow all fine.

so if all these changes go into effect, we got a 76 hp monohm, 9 hp frillish (huh wait that's the same thing you have lol i guess the damage is divided strangely), 33 hp scraggy (whoa really?), and 60 hp gastly (what you got).

reviewing this, my actions shall be the same. it was mostly my damage against his mons. actually, i think you messed up in your own calculations when subtracting scraggy's hp har har. ^^

Wow, that's a lot of mistakes lol. I'll take your word on them and try my best to ref this by the end of today. It's just been really hectic with school starting and settling into my own place and whatnot

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)
HP: 76
Energy: 78

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
HP: 9
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)
HP: 33
Energy: 80

HP: 60

Monohm:
Trick Room: 10 Energy
Dragon Pulse: 14 Damage, 6 Energy
-2 hp (hail)
Slack Off: 11 Energy
+20 HP
-2 hp (hail)

Frillish:
Protect: 13 Energy
Pain Split: 23 Energy
-2 hp (hail)
Shadow Ball: 21 Damage, 5 Energy
(8+3+3)*1.5
-2 hp (hail)

Scraggy:
Thunder Punch: 0 Damage, 6 Energy
(8+3)*1.5
Hail: 10 Energy
-2 hp (hail)
Ice Punch: 14 Damage, 6 Energy
(8+1.5)*1.5
-2 hp (hail)

Gastly:
Draco Meteor: 26 Damage, 10 Energy
(14+3)*1.5
Shadow Ball: 15 Damage, 5 Energy
(8+3+1.5)*1.5-3.5

This time I added some calcs, so hopefully its more accurate. Point out mistakes as usual, however

Letters used: A, D, E, H, T

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)
HP: 32
Energy: 51

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
HP: 16
Energy: 42
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)
HP: 29
Energy: 68

HP: KO
Energy: 59
Battle Order:
Flora orders
Orcinus Duo

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I think I can count on Orcinus Duo to KO my Frillish... hopefully.

Both of you, spam attacks until Pants falls! Both of you have done very well.

Juniper:
Unown S (Secret Sword) - Scald x2
If Pants uses Detect successfully, chill on that action and move actions back

Snapdragon:
Unown R (Roar of Time) - Dragon Pulse - Hyper Beam
If Pants uses Dig, use Magnet Rise on that action once and move actions back, unless Taunted

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Thunderpunch Frillish~thunderpunch a probably fainted frillish~And chill in the face of death.

Flora is amazing. :)

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
HP: 16
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)
HP: 29

Yay, done!

Monohm:
Roar of Time: 20 Damage, 9 Energy
(15+3+1.5)

Frillish:
Secret Sword: 16 Damage, 6 Energy
(9+1.5)*1.5

Thunder Punch: 17 Damage, 6 Energy
(8+3)*1.5

Monohm (Snapdragon) (F)

Frillish (Juniper) (F)
vs.

Scraggy(*) Pants (M)

OK, prizes:
I get 4 RT

Flora: 2 TC
Monohm: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Frillish: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

Orcinus Duo:
Gastly: 1 EC, 2 MC
Scraggy: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)