Forme Freaks - Get Your Rotom On - UU and above open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... you know I only just noticed nobody's taken Arceus. Since this has seriously slowed down, heck, I'll take another Legendary.

Uuuh hm. Multitype is derpy as heck for Arceus Formes. I'd appreciate the option of replacing it with a different Ability, if The Eevee General doesn't object. (I'd select something thematically appropriate but not amazing. No Huge Power or Guts)

Arceus: Normal -120/120/120/120/120/120=720 (Multitype)

Variant Formes: 120/140/140/145/140/115 (?) (+0/+20/+20/+25/+20/-5)

Arceus-Feathered Serpent: Normal/Poison
+Coil

Arceus as described in Meso-American cultures.

Arceus-Eight-Legged Horse: Normal/Fighting
+Secret Sword

Arceus takes the form of a eight-legged horse, sometimes ridden by a one-eyed man. It's unclear whether the one-eyed man is a real, separate person.

Arceus-Inviter: Normal/Ghost
+Curse

Arceus takes the form of a humanoid figure whose gender is unclear and who, from certain angles, resembles a corpse. This is perhaps Arceus at its most furious.

Arceus-Engineer of Creation: Normal/Steel
+Shift Gear

Arceus, perhaps as it appeared when constructing the world.

Arceus-Sailing Sun: Normal/Fire
+Sacred Fire

Arceus carrying the sun across a river in the sky.

---

You have no idea how tempted I was to make the last one Normal/Flying. Ra is a bird-man and all....

They're all taking inspiration from different religions, mostly creator gods, though I'm probably doing a terrible job of it.

... you know I only just noticed nobody's taken Arceus. Since this has seriously slowed down, heck, I'll take another Legendary.

Uuuh hm. Multitype is derpy as heck for Arceus Formes. I'd appreciate the option of replacing it with a different Ability, if The Eevee General doesn't object. (I'd select something thematically appropriate but not amazing. No Huge Power or Guts)

Arceus: Normal -120/120/120/120/120/120=720 (Multitype)

Variant Formes: 120/140/140/145/140/115 (?) (+0/+20/+20/+25/+20/-5)

+Coil

+Secret Sword

Arceus takes the form of a eight-legged horse, sometimes ridden by a one-eyed man. It's unclear whether the one-eyed man is a real, separate person.

+Curse

Arceus takes the form of a humanoid figure whose gender is unclear and who, from certain angles, resembles a corpse. This is perhaps Arceus at its most furious.

+Shift Gear

+Sacred Fire

---

You have no idea how tempted I was to make the last one Normal/Flying. Ra is a bird-man and all....

They're all taking inspiration from different religions, mostly creator gods, though I'm probably doing a terrible job of it.
If it isn't neccesary to lower stats, could special attack just stay 140? Otherwise fine. And you're basing them off gods but clearly skip Christianity. It's literally called God in Christianity. Them again there is literally zero flavor for it.

Also mew.

I guess i'll take inspiration from... I don't even know. different states of ancestors? The Chamber of Emptiness does strange stiff to Mew...
Mew: 100/100/100/100/100/100->100/130/110/135/110/95+ Synchronize
For the sake of normal Mew, forme Mew gets lowered speed and a blanket increase.

If only we could change abilities. I'd take adaptability and never look back.
Mew-Dino:Dragon+ Dragon Rush
The dinosaurs were the first significant ancestors. Rushing their prey was a good way to get food.

Mew-Viral:Poison + Gunk Shot
Viruses and Bacteria were some of the first living organisms. They look like gunk. there

Mew-Legend; Fighting + Secret Sword
In the bible, there were things that before God floods the world there were giants, and legendary men. With swords

Mew-Flare: Fire + Blue Flare
It was HOT when the world began according to science. like volcanoes everywhere, so hot that the bacteria living died pretty quickly when the temperature started dropping.

Mew-Glacier: Ice + Freeze Dry
Ice age. some guy researching said that the place would be so cold it would feel dry like a desert. I HIGHLY doubt that, but flavor is flavor

Last edited:
The Eevee General has been pretty consistent about "you forgot to lower a stat".

I was sad too when I realized I'd have to be uneven.

The Eevee General has been pretty consistent about "you forgot to lower a stat".

I was sad too when I realized I'd have to be uneven.
Yeah it sucks. But i guess that extra 5 will help. and a loos in speed is really bad for Mew, but i ant normal Mew to feel like it isn't 200% outclassed. Merely 195% outclassed. It's also why i changed types rather than adding. So Mew can be unique in typing and speed tier.

+Coil

+Secret Sword

+Curse

+Shift Gear

+Sacred Fire

So, um, why did you avoid mentioning the name of the religion in all but the first one? It'd be a lot easier if you just told us what your inspiration was.

If it isn't neccesary to lower stats, could special attack just stay 140? Otherwise fine. And you're basing them off gods but clearly skip Christianity. It's literally called God in Christianity.
What do you think Arceus's base form is?

And you're basing them off gods but clearly skip Christianity. It's literally called God in Christianity. Them again there is literally zero flavor for it.
Arceus-the-name is in part derived from deus which is Greek for "God", not specifically the Christian God but any god at all.

In one sense I "skipped" Christianity, but there's no flavor to run off there that Arceus doesn't already have, unless I want to take the particularly Old Testament interpretation of a wrathful God who is honestly a huge jerk and type it Normal/Dark. In another sense I'm just treating the base Forme as Christian-influenced -while Arceus is clearly inspired by several Eastern religions (The "thousand arms" bit from the Pokedex is particularly blunt) it's also clearly inspired by the Christian god -and I've actually sometimes wondered if it's deliberate that Arceus splits up into a trinity that includes a (Holy) Ghost or just one of those funny coincidences because trios have been a thing with Legendaries.

So, um, why did you avoid mentioning the name of the religion in all but the first one? It'd be a lot easier if you just told us what your inspiration was.
Because the first one is only that way because I couldn't think of a good description for it.

But for reference they are...

Quetzalcoatl, the Feathered Serpent, of Aztec faith.

Eight-legged horse with one-eyed rider is Sleipnir ridden by Odin, of Norse mythology.

Inviter is an amalgam of Izanagi and Izanami of Japanese legend, an amalgam because in spite of the fact that literally every source I found described Izanagi (The man) as the creator god of classic Japanese religion nothing in the descriptions of the events gave either of them a special role over the other in said act of creation.

Engineer of Creation is patterned after Viśwákarma of Indian (Not Native Americans, Indians) faith, who is in part a god of craftsmen, but also an engineer of creation. I'm probably butchering Indian religion here, my knowledge is derived from Wikipedia and a little Googling.

And Sailing sun is based on Ra, the Sun God of Egypt. Ra isn't actually the original creator god according to Egyptian myth, but the being credited with making the world in the first place is pretty vague, so I went with Ra because Ra is the overall over-god of Egyptian religion, if I'm not completely misremembering everything I've read. That and I wanted a Sun god if possible and didn't want to do Helios.

Mew-Glacier: Ice + Freeze Dry
Ice age. some guy researching said that the place would be so cold it would feel dry like a desert. I HIGHLY doubt that, but flavor is flavor
Extreme cold=dryness is a cold hard fact, pardon my pun. When everything is so cold moisture spontaneously freezes in open air, that leaves no moisture in the open air -and in fact the Antarctic is dryer than most deserts!

What do you think Arceus's base form is?
A quilin or centaur. Not only is god generally viewed as to look human, or at least not 4-legged, he doesn't have 1000 arms, I'm christian i would know. Also Arceus is probably related to an Eastern religion, based on concept, and design.

OK screw it tagging and double posting time, because people don't seem to read threads fully but do seem to pay attention when they're tagged.
MegaGallade, you can make Tropius always a flying whatsit rather than always a plant whatsit. Admittedly, that would be really weird given Tropius' Abilities...
Weirdly, I did not receive an alert when you tagged me... strange.
Sorry for the late reply but I haven't been on this thread lately as for some reason (and yes, I am watching this thread) it does not alert me when this thread has a reply.
Also, I know I can make it a flying whatsit, but I won't. The types won't be as good defensively in my opinion.
Anyway, thanks for offering to tell me.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm thinking I'll compile a master list of all the formes (NU-Uber) and allow people to view and suggest edits at their prerogative. The other method was taking too long and required me to be on top of this thread more, which I was clearly not doing.

Before anyone else can, I am reserving Jirachi.

Current base stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 (Serene Grace)
New base stats: 100/127/126/127/126/95 (Serene Grace)

Jirachi- False hope form: Steel/Dark +Knock Off
Jirachi- Underworld form: Steel/Fire +Heat Wave
Jirachi- Heavenly form: Steel/Fairy +Play Rough
Jirachi- Faith form: Steel/Fighting +Aura Sphere
Jirachi- Bright Future form: Steel/Ice +Freeze Dry
Eevee General : I've finished this for a while, can you correct the OP to say it's finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)